Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

@ SteelersNation leading into Steelers week

It's deja vu all over again. We ran the fake field goal against the Steelers in the first meeting. I don't think that one went for a touchdown, but I could be mistaken. Steelers fans were whining about that one, too: it also occurred in a game in which the Ravens had a comfortable lead.

Well, they're doing it again: http://www.steelernation.com/forums/...mer-time/page4

There's a resident Ravens fan whose doing a pretty good job of shooting down their idiocy, but even he seems to have missed what happened. That play is going to happen every time (pretty much) that a defense overloads to the strong side to block the field goal. Harbaugh doesn't have to call it in: Koch is going to make the call on the field, and in the third quarter of a game you don't let off the gas.

The same thing will happen to the Steelers if they overload, and it happening the week before means it's unlikely the Steelers will try such a stunt when the Ravens try to kick a field goal.

I'm not a fan of running up the score, either, but putting points on the board in the third quarter isn't running up the score. Not in the NFL, anyway, where a Bills team rebounded from 32 points down in a playoff game against the Oilers to win.

Re: @ SteelersNation leading into Steelers week

I think we faked a PAT and scored a 2 point conversion against them, if memory serves. Not positive, but that is what I remember.

Blog Entries

That sounds right. They cried about that right through their second loss to the Ravens...but at least getting swept ended the "wait 'til next game" comments...

Steelers fans have such a hive mind. They've been running it up on the Browns for years! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtnvWRluR5E

I keep hearing comments about us running up the score. There is NO SUCH THING IN THE NFL! This is professional football. You play for 60 minutes and you try to score...that's the object of the game. If the other team chooses to give up, so be it. It's their job to stop you from scoring. If they can't, oh well. It just irritates me when I hear comments in fan forums about running up scores. PS) Screw the Steelers and their fans.

There's no such thing as "running up the score". It's just another term utilized by creators of the "participation trophy".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rla20cpa View Post
    There's no such thing as "running up the score". It's just another term utilized by creators of the "participation trophy".
    :word

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rla20cpa View Post
    :word The goal of football is to score the most points. If you have an opportunity to score, you capitalize on it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    I think we faked a PAT and scored a 2 point conversion against them, if memory serves. Not positive, but that is what I remember.
    That's what happened. That was even earlier in the 3rd quarter than Koch's TD. If I am not mistaken that was right after Dickson's TD and they still bitched. I've got an idea, let the Ravens know when your going to lay down and quite and they'll stop trying to beat your brains out. As long as you fight though, they reserve the right to kick the shit out of you.

It's worth mentioning Koch did this against Dallas as well on an extra point. After Mason scored, he ran it in for the 2pt conversion.

I just wish whatever internet poster, talk show host, or commentator who wrote the "Secret Rules of Pro Football" would hurry up get copies ran off for all these stupid coaches and players that don't seem to know them... every week some head coach around the league is breaking one of the Secret Rules everyone in the blogosphere created for the NFL.

Get with the program, guys!

Blog Entries

Sorry, but with the Ravens scoring a lot on the Raiders a lot of my fellow fans forgot something: the NFL donating to charities.

Quote Originally Posted by Quackjack View Post
    Sorry, but with the Ravens scoring a lot on the Raiders a lot of my fellow fans forgot something: the NFL donating to charities.
    Yep 100 bucks for every point scored this week.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller