Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

I love Ed Reed

Note to Ed, retire, go to the Hall of Fame, and let us move on.
    Last edited by Rolfejr; 11-11-2012 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Reconsidered

Re: I've had enough of Ed Reed's BS

How dare he play with a torn labrum and that nerve impingement. What a bum.

And those occasional INT's are a pain in the ass. He leads all active players with 60 of them, but WTF dude, you can't lay their injured when DHB scores. That's inexcusable and, damnit, I need you to do better so I feel better!

Right?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

And those occasional INT's are a pain in the ass. He leads all active players with 60 of them, but WTF dude, you can't lay their injured when DHB scores. That's inexcusable and, damnit, I need you to do better so I feel better!

Right?
    Preach on! I was just saying to my husband some folks just dont get it..

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Quote Originally Posted by Rolfejr View Post
    Cannot (will not) tackle

Drama queen, (maybe worse then Big Ben)

Falls and folds like a striker on team Ecuador at the World Cup (Oh, poor me, look a how hurt I am!)

Hits like my grandma pushing in line at the Golden Corral

Tells more tall tales than Aesop (Please DO NOT interview this pathological story teller)

Get's his occasional interception to keep the "Ed Reed" jersey owners happy with their investments, then whiffs on two tackles to make them wonder why they did it.

"80% of the world is covered by water, the rest can score a touchdown while Ed Reed whines and limps down field behind the play"

Rant over.
    You are preaching to the choir brother. The dude has no heart anymore and is afraid to get hit. Can't wait to see him go in the offseason.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

HR--
    News in NC being mostly Panthers-related, I was unaware that Reed's labrum was torn and had nerve damage. I had posted in another thread a week or so ago that it seemed to me that he was doing his best to "protect" himself during tackles, and that his technique looked odd (at best) to me, suggesting something like this. I disagree with the OP - Reed is Reed, always has been, always will be. I think the only thing he's stopped doing as much as he used to that was "wrong" was trying to lateral to a teammate every time he created a turnover....

And when you have as many takeaways as Reed does, that's REDEMPTION! :)

Ed Reed ‏@TwentyER Thanks for support! I'm good for next week. Just had a bad day. Not perfect, though we try!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

To me Ed has always been an egnima. A great playmaker who will walk into the HOF one day, but does things sometimes that just make you scratch your head. IMO he has never been a great tackler. Not his strong suit. And with this labrum injury he really looks pop warner on most plays where he has to make a tackle by himself. But I must say when the playoffs roll around there is not another FS that I would rather have back there.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Cannot (will not) tackle

Falls and folds like a striker on team Ecuador at the World Cup (Oh, poor me, look a how hurt I am!)

Tells more tall tales than Aesop (Please DO NOT interview this pathological story teller)

Get's his occasional interception to keep the "Ed Reed" jersey owners happy with their investments, then whiffs on two tackles to make them wonder why they did it.

"80% of the world is covered by water, the rest can score a touchdown while Ed Reed whines and limps down field behind the play"

Rant over.
    Um did someone have to much to fuckin drink today?

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Blog Entries

I'm not saying I agree with the OP, but if a player can't perform because of injuries he shouldn't be playing. Injuries aren't an excuse...

Cannot (will not) tackle

Rant over.
    Ed Reed is playing hurt that much is obvious. Here is an idea, how about showing some respect for a guy who plays rather than sit out with an injury many others would sit out with. Ed recognizes that the loss of Webby means young inexperienced guys like Brown and Smith are seeing much more playing time, he recognizes the impact of the loss of Ray's knowledge and leadership and he has manned up, put on his pads and as you put it "LIMPED and WHINED" out on that field. He does this simply because the man is a warrior, he is leader, and he knows that if there were anyway possible at all Ray and Webby would play hobbled also. If you wanna debate if the injury is effecting his level of play enough that he should sit, that IMO is a valid discussion. There is a way to approach that without being a genuine jackass. The post you put up above is a clear demonstration of how not to do that.

I can think of very few people who have ever worn that uniform that have had the heart, the determination and pride in it than Ed Reed has shown us in his career. He deserves better than what you posted.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Right?
    That is the best Kool Aid ever.
    Pathetic, and from a Mod no less.
    And "Um did someone have to much to fuckin drink today?" seems a bit personal don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I'm not saying I agree with the OP, but if a player can't perform because of injuries he shouldn't be playing. Injuries aren't an excuse...
    And thats a fair question to discuss I think. However the OP went on a rant and personal attack more so than discuss the level of play or options other than Ed. Not sure about anyone else but I might be inclined to take my chances on the missed tackles as opposed to running Hedigbo out as the starter...thats just me though.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis