Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Re: I've had enough of Ed Reed's BS

Guess we should force ray rice out to for his bad game. Cut that bum!

I admit I was in favor of benching Reed for a bit, but I took a quick look at his stats and like others have claimed, even though he's not tackling well, he's impacting the game.

http://www.nfl.com/player/edreed/2505221/profile

You'll notice that through nine games this year, Reed has 10 pass deflections, 3 interceptions, 33 tackles, and 1 touch down return. Reed has more pass deflections and as many interceptions as he did all of last year, and his numbers are trending to be in line with his previous years of performance. That's also more than what Eric Weddle and Jairus Byrd have (he also has more tackles than Byrd).

Obviously statistics don't tell everything, but I do think it's enough for me to get back on the "Ed Reed for President" campaign bandwagon. Give a banged up old man a pass on a bad game.
    Last edited by Ravenalytics; 11-13-2012 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    A remark like this is just childish and stupid.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    I admit I was in favor of benching Reed for a bit, but I took a quick look at his stats and like others have claimed, even though he's not tackling well, he's impacting the game.

You'll notice that through nine games this year, Reed has 10 pass deflections, 3 interceptions, 33 tackles, and 1 touch down return. Reed has more pass deflections and as many interceptions as he did all of last year, and his numbers are trending to be in line with his previous years of performance. That's also more than what Eric Weddle and Jairus Byrd (he also has more tackles than Byrd).

Obviously statistics don't tell everything, but I do think it's enough for me to get back on the "Ed Reed for President" campaign bandwagon. Give a banged up old man a pass on a bad game.
    Well how dare you interrupt these rants with facts?!?!?! Didn't you see him miss that ONE tackle?!?!?!?!?!?! Clearly he is a liability and should be released. Nevermind those frivilous stats. He probably even wouldn't have those INT's if he hadn't gambled and used his instincts. 60 interceptions and probably 75% of them shouldn't have happened!!!! You know who they should also get rid of, is that Bernard Pollard. He got beat on a wheel route Sunday. A WHEEL ROUTE??? I played HS football, and I never got beat on a wheel route!!!! And that Lardarius Webb and Ray Lewis, they just can't stay healthy. Release them too. Someone on the PS can probably do better. I want to see more of that Inhebigo guy or whatever his name is!! I bet he'd stay within the scheme and not risk leaving a CB to cover his guy alone while he made a game turning INT!!!!!

Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post

You'll notice that through nine games this year, Reed has 10 pass deflections, 3 interceptions, 33 tackles, and 1 touch down return. Reed has more pass deflections and as many interceptions as he did all of last year, and his numbers are trending to be in line with his previous years of performance. That's also more than what Eric Weddle and Jairus Byrd (he also has more tackles than Byrd).

It's like anything else...people are not going to know what they have until it's gone. Reed does more to help this team than some people are giving him credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post

And don't even get me started on that guy!! He killed my fantasy team on Sunday. They should bench him in favor of Bernard Pierce!!!
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Ed Reed is playing hurt that much is obvious. Here is an idea, how about showing some respect for a guy who plays rather than sit out with an injury many others would sit out with. Ed recognizes that the loss of Webby means young inexperienced guys like Brown and Smith are seeing much more playing time, he recognizes the impact of the loss of Ray's knowledge and leadership and he has manned up, put on his pads and as you put it "LIMPED and WHINED" out on that field. He does this simply because the man is a warrior, he is leader, and he knows that if there were anyway possible at all Ray and Webby would play hobbled also. If you wanna debate if the injury is effecting his level of play enough that he should sit, that IMO is a valid discussion. There is a way to approach that without being a genuine jackass. The post you put up above is a clear demonstration of how not to do that.

I can think of very few people who have ever worn that uniform that have had the heart, the determination and pride in it than Ed Reed has shown us in his career. He deserves better than what you posted.
    This about sums up the situation.
    Look we know he is hurt and not himself.
    But with the youth out there, someone needs to be able to lead the backend.

Just as important to be in the correct position yourself, it is important that the rest of the secondary be in sync, too.
    Reed gives stability, knowledge, and leadership, as well as a mentor.
    Right now, there is no one better on our roster to play FS.
    And during those most important of situations going forward, no one outside of Ray will be that on the field leader, diagnosing plays moments before the snap and helping the rest of the defense adjust at the very last second.
    10 years experience and playing at the highest of levels does that.

The playoffs last season is all I needed to see that when the game is on the line, the old warriors stepped it up and made plays to put the Ravens in position to win both games.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    A remark like this is just childish and stupid.

How is that a childish comment? He has a point. Saying Ed Reed has been awful all year is the stupid comment, because it's so far from the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    How is that a childish comment? He has a point. Saying Ed Reed has been awful all year is the stupid comment, because it's so far from the truth.
    What point does he have? Ray Rice and Ed Reed are two completely different comparisons as a player RIGHT NOW!

Ed Reed is in his 30's, constantly misses tackles, cried all off-season about a new contract and cost the Ravens $20,000.00 for throwing his excuses about his poor tackling. Also Reed has more injuries each week then an entire teams injury report.

Rice is in his 20's a key cog in our offense and we never hear a negative word out of him. During his contract negotiations we never heard a word from Rice. He waited amd got hos deal.

Reed is a drama queen, with a mouth in his 30's in a very physical sport. Rice is younger with no mouth and doesn't have any lingering injuries.

If me being done with Reed makes me an idiot then so be it. I'm not saying there is a better option on the team right now but after this season Reed needs to go. Trying to explain that not every player can have the longevity like a Ray Lewis to some of you guys is pointless.

I'm done with the conversation and am sure as hell glad that yiu Reed lovers aren't running the Ravens front office.

Blog Entries

Ed Reed won't be a Raven next year. I'm going to enjoy the time we still have watching him in purple and black.

Blog Entries

Yup - I hope the bum gets a pick next week just for old time sake ;)

A lot of hysteria on both sides going on in this thread. As usual, the truth always lies somewhere between the two sets of rabid extremists. Ed is not as good as he used to be, but he's still by far our best option at FS.

Ed Reed is not playing as well as he has in the past in any facet of his game. Yes, his "counting" statistics aren't bad (10 PDs, 3 INTs) but part of that could be due to seeing more passes into his coverage than in prior years. In years past QBs simply didn't go to Ed's side of the field if he was playing a deep half. But nowadays Ed doesn't have quite as much speed or range so when he's playing centerfield he can be looked off or otherwise taken advantage of.

The Ravens have allowed 8 passing TDs this year, and Ed Reed had primary coverage on 3 of them (2 vs Oakland, 1 vs Houston) and possibly a 4th (vs Philadelphia) but that may have been a miscommunication with the CB. That's not what you expect out of possibly the best coverage safety to ever play the game, but he is slowing down and not getting a lot of help from his teammates in the secondary or the pass rush. Obviously, his play against the run is so-so at best and he's missed too many tackles.

There's no way the Ravens have someone stashed on the bench who's better than Ed Reed. He's the best option and barring injury he should start the rest of the season at FS. Hopefully he'll improve, but he's not getting any younger and again he doesn't have a lot of help from his teammates. Although he's been my favorite Raven since his rookie year, this isn't 2005 anymore, it's 2012 and the decline we knew would happen is actually happening. I believe 2013 is the year the Ravens move on.