Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

It's The Opponents Job!

I'm reading all of these criticisms about the fake punt for a TD and running up the score and us being classless.

I say WHATEVER! When the Texans handed us our behinds, it was "the Texans and the rest of the AFC." Yes they beat us and we beat the lowly Raiders. Who cares?

We dominated in every phase and when you play Carson Palmer whose arm can change a game quickly you hit the gas until the final second.

So stop with this classless garbage. We whooped booty 55-20.

7-2!

Congrats RAVENS!

Blog Entries

Re: It's The Opponents Job!

Like I said in another thread, that will probably be merged with this one, what dumb ass coach is going to let their team get fooled by that in the playoffs? None.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

It was a bit classless, but I didn't mind it as much considering it happened right after some azzclown for Oakland started jawing with Boldin after routinely defending a pass even though he was down 24 points at the time. I was actually wondering if Harbaugh decided to go for it just because of that exchange (but I doubt it).

Blog Entries

I am not juiced we hung 55 on a shitty team at home, but the fact we went for 7 instead of 3 doesn't bother me in the least. If opposing teams don't like it, then stop it, or walk of the field and forfeit the game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joe View Post
    I'm reading all of these criticisms about the fake punt for a TD and running up the score and us being classless.

I say WHATEVER! When the Texans handed us our behinds, it was "the Texans and the rest of the AFC." Yes they beat us and we beat the lowly Raiders. Who cares?

We dominated in every phase and when you play Carson Palmer whose arm can change a game quickly you hit the gas until the final second.

So stop with this classless garbage. We whooped booty 55-20.

7-2!

Congrats RAVENS!
    :word

On spot! This is pro football. Every team is paid to score and to stop being scored on. If they can't do it then to damn bad for them

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I am not juiced we hung 55 on a shitty team at home, but the fact we went for 7 instead of 3 doesn't bother me in the least. If opposing teams don't like it, then stop it, or walk of the field and forfeit the game.
    Why shouldn't you be juiced? It's not like Oakland's allowing 55 every game. We still did better against them than any other team did.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    Why shouldn't you be juiced? It's not like Oakland's allowing 55 every game. We still did better against them than any other team did.
    I'm happy, but all I am saying is temper it. We aren't 55 points good as Oakland was 55 point that bad today. Plus, Richard Seymour not playing was huge if you are going to attribute Oakland's previous performances.

Hey, they collect a check, played their best, but don't expect shit to look like that when the Steelers come knocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    It was a bit classless, but I didn't mind it as much considering it happened right after some azzclown for Oakland started jawing with Boldin after routinely defending a pass even though he was down 24 points at the time. I was actually wondering if Harbaugh decided to go for it just because of that exchange (but I doubt it).
    And you've just proved to me why it wasnt classless in the least.

24 points down with 20 minutes of football left is not a lock. They saw something in the Raiders formation and exploited it.

It's what every competent coach should do in the same situation.

Blog Entries

I'm glad they scored 7 instead of kicking the FG....show 'em whats up!

Wonder if anyone will get the reference to my rant in the game thread? ;-)
    Last edited by 4G63; 11-11-2012 at 09:43 PM.

Blog Entries
    There was a lot of time left so it was a great play

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    And you've just proved to me why it wasnt classless in the least.

24 points down with 20 minutes of football left is not a lock. They saw something in the Raiders formation and exploited it.

It's what every competent coach should do in the same situation.
    Well, it would have been 27 points had we kicked the FG, but I agree it wasn't quite a "lock."

Look at it this way - we showed them a weakness in a game they were going to lose anyway. Better to get this error exposed today, than when they're up 17-13 with 5:00 to go in a division game.

We didn't have to expose the flaw in their scheme. Way I figure, they should be thanking us for doing so.

BS