Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Do you wanna know why Coach Harbaugh didn't save the fake FG?

I thought it was a little bit of an f-u towards the Raiders for taking some cheap shots, in particular the personal fouls on hits to Pitta and Rice. And also the scoreboard deal with Boldin. Whether it was that or simply as Harbaugh said, I have no problem with it.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Anyone watch Jeff Fisher run 2 fake punts against the 49ers yesterday? They both worked too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Anyone watch Jeff Fisher run 2 fake punts against the 49ers yesterday? They both worked too.
    He pulled out all stops and had the game won, twice. Tickytack penalties

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    He pulled out all stops and had the game won, twice. Tickytack penalties
    Illegal procedure and delay of game on a field goal is as bad as it gets. Talk about a lack of focus. I thought Amendola was going to beat some one after that catch was taken away.

A little warning next time with that link? If I were inviting you to a mental institution, I would give you proper warning.

They really are a pissy bunch. And they say the worse part is that it was a fake FG to run up the score, like this never happened: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtnvWRluR5E

Hypocrisy is a Steelers fan.

Blog Entries

I was unaware that a "play call bank" exists where coaches can stash successful plays for future games. :grbac:

Blog Entries

Like Harbs said, they overload trying for a block, you run the ball to the weak side. No one will revisit that particular tactic against us, & that will make life slightly easier for Tucker & the rest of the unit. (Not to say they won't try shifting into an overload after they're committed to the kick, but that poses its own problems for the defenders.)

I never like running a gadget play in a blowout against a weak team. At 41-17, there's no reason for it. All it does is make the odds about zero that it'll work next week if we try something similar. I've also said that these type of plays are totally wasted in games like this. It's not the when you're playing the stiffs that you pull these out but in games against good teams you have to beat. Using it in last year's opener was fine. Yesterday was overkill and served no purpose. We don't want the Steelers thinking about such a play. We want them NOT thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    I never like running a gadget play in a blowout against a weak team. At 41-17, there's no reason for it. All it does is make the odds about zero that it'll work next week if we try something similar. I've also said that these type of plays are totally wasted in games like this. It's not the when you're playing the stiffs that you pull these out but in games against good teams you have to beat. Using it in last year's opener was fine. Yesterday was overkill and served no purpose. We don't want the Steelers thinking about such a play. We want them NOT thinking about it.
    Dude. At least browse the thread before posting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt