Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Do you wanna know why Coach Harbaugh didn't save the fake FG?

Because no playoff caliber head coach is going to be enough of a fool to get suckered by a play like that in the playoffs.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: Do you wanna know why Coach Harbaugh didn't save the fake FG?

He didn't have to save it for the playoffs, he could have saved it for a close regular season game.

Maybe the point isn't that he wanted to save it?

I think that was mainly to give the Steelers something to think about this week on film. That, in addition to the fake XP last year in the first Steeler game, gives the Steelers something to be concerned about when breaking the film down and potentially slow their XP/FG/punt rush down next week.

Blog Entries

I guess Tomlin is a fool for his playoff team last year giving up basically the same play in the 1st game of the season last year

Where did this notion of "saving" plays get conjured up?

You don't save trick plays or fakes. They are situational and not something that's just sprung on another team.

Go to the Ravens web site and listen to Harbs' presser. Koch has a standing directive that if a team shows them an overload, he's to run the ball to the weak side. That's why he did it there. The Raiders overloaded the right side and got burned.

It's not about saving something. If any team shows them the overload, they will run it again.

Blog Entries

Lol, Harbaugh can't do anything right can he? He's either a total asshole who is way too conservative and makes terrible in house decisions, and now he makes this call and everyone now thinks he's a disrespectful moron? There is no pleasing anyone lol.

Blog Entries

I thought he did it to help hammer Boldin's point of "scoreboard"....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Lol, Harbaugh can't do anything right can he? He's either a total asshole who is way too conservative and makes terrible in house decisions, and now he makes this call and everyone now thinks he's a disrespectful moron? There is no pleasing anyone lol.
    I am convinced the fans of this team will complain no matter what the Ravens do. The Ravens could win the freaking Superbowl and we'd still have people complaining, if they put up lackluster numbers.

Blog Entries

What's to save? There was nothing tricky about that play. Defenses should be looking for it every on field goal. No reason why they can't do it again if they feel they can execute it
    Last edited by GOTA; 11-12-2012 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I am convinced the fans of this team will complain no matter what the Ravens do. The Ravens could win the freaking Superbowl and we'd still have people complaining, if they put up TOO MANY NUMBERS OR TOO FEW OR JUST THE RIGHT AMOUNT BUT IN THE WRONG ORDER.
    Fixed
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Having used it successfully already once this year makes it all the more sneaky if you try it again. No problem with the call at all.