Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Do you wanna know why the Ravens don't run this offense on the road?

Because they ditched it, due to 'communication' issues, only to resort back to their ever predictable 'run run pass' offense of old, which is what they've done for past three years (Every time they've tried to open up the passing offense, at least) EVERY TIME THE PASSING OFFENSE STRUGGLES ON THE ROAD. Instead of trying to tweak some things to fix the problems, they just go, 'Oh, Joe can't handle it, let's just run Ray Rice into the ground'.

That's why you haven't seen this offense on the road. When they finally wake up and realize that Joe is going to have to throw them to a Super Bowl, they'll figure it out.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: Do you wanna know why the Ravens don't run this offense on the road?

By "they" you of course mean "God's gift to the ranks of NFL offensive coordinators!" "Waking up" and adjusting are not in you know who's vocabulary!

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Because they ditched it, due to 'communication' issues, only to resort back to their ever predictable 'run run pass' offense of old, which is what they've done for past three years (Every time they've tried to open up the passing offense, at least) EVERY TIME THE PASSING OFFENSE STRUGGLES ON THE ROAD. Instead of trying to tweak some things to fix the problems, they just go, 'Oh, Joe can't handle it, let's just run Ray Rice into the ground'.

That's why you haven't seen this offense on the road. When they finally wake up and realize that Joe is going to have to throw them to a Super Bowl, they'll figure it out.

Blog Entries

Come on. The Raiders defense is shit. Let's not get carried away until we see a real pass rush, turtle mode or sack city WILL happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Come on. The Raiders defense is shit. Let's not get carried away until we see a real pass rush, turtle mode or sack city WILL happen.
    :word
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Blog Entries

The only time that they should honestly be hesitant to run this offense on the road is when they deal with a legit four man rush. Even then, they should have beat the Eagles.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    True. Against most defenses in the NFL you're not going to get anywhere close to the time that Flacco got today. On the first of those long TD passes Ray Rice made one of the great blitz pickups I'd every seen. Against a Woodley or Harrison it's not going to be Rice pancaking a blitzer. You can't take away anything from this game because it was at home against crap defense. There just aren't too many others as bad as the Raiders.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    True. Against most defenses in the NFL you're not going to get anywhere close to the time that Flacco got today. On the first of those long TD passes Ray Rice made one of the great blitz pickups I'd every seen. Against a Woodley or Harrison it's not going to be Rice pancaking a blitzer. You can't take away anything from this game because it was at home against crap defense. There just aren't too many others as bad as the Raiders.
    Thank you. I'm not minimizing a victory, this is what should happen against a team like this. Now, we go into Pittsburgh and come out with a victory of any kind and give teeth to this victory.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post

That and the passing game on the road consists of outs and deep balls along the sidelines. Hopefully they realize they can use the middle of the field when on the road as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    That and the passing game on the road consists of outs and deep balls along the sidelines. Hopefully they realize they can use the middle of the field when on the road as well.
    Way to downplay a 55 point victory and going 7-2 at home. I expect nothing less here though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Way to downplay a 55 point victory and going 7-2 at home. I expect nothing less here though.
    I think you were looking for the "Blindly Optimistic Homer" forum--I think it's a couple of clicks down.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    I think you were looking for the "Blindly Optimistic Homer" forum--I think it's a couple of clicks down.
    How can I blindly be optimistic at 7-2? There comes a point in time when people need to accept that this team while flawed on both sides of the ball, does enough to win most of their games.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    How can I blindly be optimistic at 7-2? There comes a point in time when people need to accept that this team while flawed on both sides of the ball, does enough to win most of their games.
    Oh, dear me, Beast, there also comes a time when people need to realize that this team has had many good things handed to them on silver platters by their opponents, e.g., Palmer getting tripped by his own guard on that early 4th down play. Not that I'm complaining about it--I just think it's nutz to expect that to continue. I have trouble seeing how we get to 10 wins without catching a few more (maybe more than a few more) breaks along the way, & while the Law of Averages is only valid over a lot longer stretch than a football season, things do have a way of regressing to the mean--i.e., evening out.