Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Do you wanna know why the Ravens don't run this offense on the road?

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    I'd like to see some slants and screens next week. Those two things will negate many things the Stoolers will try and it would definitely alleviate their pass rush.

Is that asking too much?
    Quick passes should negate that pass rush. That and screen passes.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

My HERO! :DeadHorse:

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Cam still sucks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Come on. The Raiders defense is shit. Let's not get carried away until we see a real pass rush, turtle mode or sack city WILL happen.
    True. Against most defenses in the NFL you're not going to get anywhere close to the time that Flacco got today. On the first of those long TD passes Ray Rice made one of the great blitz pickups I'd every seen. Against a Woodley or Harrison it's not going to be Rice pancaking a blitzer. You can't take away anything from this game because it was at home against crap defense. There just aren't too many others as bad as the Raiders.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    True. Against most defenses in the NFL you're not going to get anywhere close to the time that Flacco got today. On the first of those long TD passes Ray Rice made one of the great blitz pickups I'd every seen. Against a Woodley or Harrison it's not going to be Rice pancaking a blitzer. You can't take away anything from this game because it was at home against crap defense. There just aren't too many others as bad as the Raiders.
    Thank you. I'm not minimizing a victory, this is what should happen against a team like this. Now, we go into Pittsburgh and come out with a victory of any kind and give teeth to this victory.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Quick passes should negate that pass rush. That and screen passes.
    Trolling, huh?

What do you mean by "this offense"? I think they do run this offense at home and on the road. The difference today was that Joe had all kinds of time to throw the ball. The receivers got separation. Oakland made many mistakes in coverage. The running game was effective enough to make the play action work.

So in summary, the offense hasn't changed at all. When the players execute it works well, when they don't it can look pretty bad. And it really works well when your opponnent sucks.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    I'd like to see some slants and screens next week. Those two things will negate many things the Stoolers will try and it would definitely alleviate their pass rush.

Is that asking too much?
    I don't know if screens are going to work against the Steelers. Running screens against the Steelers is almost disrespectful. Screens haven't worked on them in years.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    What do you mean by "this offense"? I think they do run this offense at home and on the road. The difference today was that Joe had all kinds of time to throw the ball. The receivers got separation. Oakland made many mistakes in coverage. The running game was effective enough to make the play action work.

So in summary, the offense hasn't changed at all. When the players execute it works well, when they don't it can look pretty bad. And it really works well when your opponnent sucks.
    The running game was almost totally ineffective... we only really ran the ball well on draws out of the shotgun. So, I don't really buy into that... but obviously play action WAS working and there were plenty of plays available downfield, so maybe the Raiders were just selling out to stop the run.

The Raiders are a very bad team defensively, so I agree that the offense was more affected by playing a bad opponent than anything else.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Way to downplay a 55 point victory and going 7-2 at home. I expect nothing less here though.
    I think you were looking for the "Blindly Optimistic Homer" forum--I think it's a couple of clicks down.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I don't know if screens are going to work against the Steelers. Running screens against the Steelers is almost disrespectful. Screens haven't worked on them in years.
    Agreed but throwing one or two in there to Rice is not a horrible option.

Slants on the other hand can be effective against them. Would like to see them get the ball in Jones and Smith's hands a few times via this method and see what they can do with it .
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    ...[T]he offense hasn't changed at all. When the players execute it works well, when they don't it can look pretty bad. And it really works well when your opponnent sucks.
    Here's a theory for you: At home the OL moves at the sound of Flacco's call & keeps its heads up & aware, whereas the opposing defense moves when they see the ball snapped. On the road the OL moves when they see Birk snap the ball, which means they're looking down the line & moving (at best) at the same time as the players they need to block or separate from. The half-second differential turns a top-5 offense into a clusterfuck. How do you address that? No idea.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Here's a theory for you: At home the OL moves at the sound of Flacco's call & keeps its heads up & aware, whereas the opposing defense moves when they see the ball snapped. On the road the OL moves when they see Birk snap the ball, which means they're looking down the line & moving (at best) at the same time as the players they need to block or separate from. The half-second differential turns a top-5 offense into a clusterfuck. How do you address that? No idea.
    :word
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.