Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: I know we just won 55-20, but our defence scares me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I'm not worried about the defence. But the defense is a cause for concern.
    Had we a game in London on the shedjewel this year, I'd be terribly concerned about the defence, chaps. But as we do no, I shall restrict my misgivings to the defense...:p

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Had we a game in London on the shedjewel this year, I'd be terribly concerned about the defence, chaps. But as we do no, I shall restrict my misgivings to the defense...:p
    Cheero!

While I'm basking in this win myself - I think we can't let Ben do this to us.

still ,I'm expecting for the worst and hoping for the best. Hopefully our offense can at least play adequately on the road.
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Blog Entries

Ravens D needs to adjust without key players.

Well Jimmy and Haloti didn't play today, and the D still were decent.

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessVictory View Post
    Batted down passes is a huge plus.. Tyson, Upshaw and Suggs. Kruger made himself useful - and with no Ngata we put down three sacks. Giving up yards are one thing, but I was happy for some of the things I saw today on D.

Just realized that Tyson, Upshaw, Suggs, and Kruger = T.U.S.K.

Cool nickname for the pass rush.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    I will probably catch heat for this, but i didn't like the way we played defence today, it almost seemed like the Raiders wanted us to beat the life out of them.

I am hoping we fix this versus the the Steelers.

That said incredible win, and man when our offence is clicking it is clicking. Say what you want about Cam, but he called a hell of a game today. Hopefully we can take this show on the road.
    Allowing 20 points and over 300 passing yards to Palmer is not the kind of defense I want to be seeing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Allowing 20 points and over 300 passing yards to Palmer is not the kind of defense I want to be seeing.
    check their other games this year, they've been scoring a lot of points. Of course the loss of their two running backs was part of the lower scoring today plus being in the hole so early took them out of their gameplan

9. Re: I know we just won 55-20, but our defence scares me lol.

I actually thought the D wasn't too bad today. DeAngelo Tyson, I don't care that he's a 7th round rookie, he really showed something today. This isn't a dominant defense by any means, but if they can make key stops at times and keep getting more and more out of this young bunch, I think we'll be OK as long as the offense fares well. Now if the offense "klunks" and fails to put up more than 20, I think we're in trouble, but we've found ways to win games. We didn't have Ngata and Jimmy Smith today which are big losses for certain. I still believe this unit has to brush up on the missed tackles, but if they can be tough and stingy at key times and not allow an abundance of points to be put up on them, I like our chances of winning as a team.

I do worry about Ed though. I hope he can hold up down the stretch. When you're talking about a gutsy gambler like Ed, the TD to Denarius Moore can happen. The missed tackle on Heyward-Bey though, was obviously not a good thing. Ihedigbo played decently when he was out, but I'd still like to have Ed out there, even if he is banged up. I just hope his injuries don't REALLY end up costing us on the field at the wrong time.

Honestly, the game in Pitt should be close. Ben may sit back there and have his way a little bit, but if they don't have Brown, that should help a little bit. Hopefully Haloti and Jimmy can work there way in next week as well as Pernell McPhee. We need to keep getting production out of this unit. I believe Suggs, Kruger, Upshaw, and McClellan will have some shots at Ben next week. My biggest hope is that we can just keep them off the scoreboard as much as possible. Hold them to FG's and force a couple turnovers. The offense will need to play well against what looks to be a bit of a resurgent Steeler defense. I personally feel Joe has a good grasp of their defense. I think we should certainly use Ray throughout the game and just be, BALANCED. Anquan usually shines in these match ups do to his physicality. I expect it to be a tough, hard fought, AFCN battle and it will most likely come down to the final minute.

I don't think fans fully appreciate how talented Oakland's pass offense is. DHB is a legit talent and Denarius Moore has already established himself as one of the better receivers in the AFC. Brandon Myers is also no slouch at the TE position. Palmer came into this game averaging 318.5 yards passing in his last four outings.

As others have pointed out, two of those TDs were pretty simple broken plays. It's not as if Oakland moved the ball up and down the field on the D. This was probably the best performance the D has put together in a little while. I give them more credit because again, Oakland really has an underrated passing attack.

The defense as a whole is a huge concern. But today was definitely a step in the right direction and good preparation for the Steelers' passing attack.

It did appear that they were able to generate more pressure on the QB. They were creative as well, even lining up without a down lineman, using inside and outside linebackers. Good for Pees.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Really because we've seen much worse this year??