Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Libbies target Applebees, Papa Johns for hiring freeze and cutting hours

Come on Spam, try to be nice for a change. I
    showed class to you. Most of today's generations
    probably don't know. I was just generalizing.

Blog Entries

This is the quote from Parks I was thinking about. Today's youth is not motivated to learn and we must show them (paraphrasing). Here's the exact quote and it goes for young whites
    too especially since so many aren't even looking for jobs. I know 5 such persons.

Too many are not staying in school and taking advantage of the opportunities a good education can provide. They are not motivated to learn what is necessary to be good citizens, get good jobs, or start their own businesses. There is nothing wrong with these young people. We must help them. It is our job to show them the way, to teach them values, to prepare them for the future, and to help them set goals.
    Rosa Parks

And especially this one from Michael Roberts a prominent black
    political strategist:

Their problem is of one of historical omission that is now replaced by the cultural imperialism of American and British pop culture. Today, Black youths struggle to find their bearings and identity simply because they do not know or have any respect for their proud history.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-12-2012 at 01:34 AM.

Sure it was the Irish who introduced boycotting to the English language :happyanim

Just thought I'd throw that in there

Charles Cunningham Boycott (12 March 1832 – 19 June 1897) was a British land agent whose ostracism by his local community in Ireland gave the English language the verb to boycott.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Boycott

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    "Dade's generation in the hood" doesn't know who Rosa Fucking Parks is?

Really?

Why not just come right out and say you think young black people are stupid? Classless buddy. Really classless.
    I don't believe Trap feels that way.

But a VERY poor choice of words? Yup.

Blog Entries

Then Parks used bad choice of words too saying the youth is
    unmotivated to learn and Roberts saying they completely
    omit their proud history while hung up on American and
    British pop culture.

I hate to see some people with real life problems and I bet nobody on here pulled two white guys off a black in hi school while they were pounding on him.

Ask Admin Steve and Mista T about me, especially T who separated
    me from two fights in two different stadiums across the country and all of Nest 1 especially former club presidents STas, Sy and Doug Phillips who started the Nests if you don't believe that. And that was when I was young.

I'm a pussy now wouldn't wouldn't last 5 mins with anyone in a
    fight but like I told the doc, the most important thing I got is
    just great so f*ck the lungs.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-12-2012 at 12:28 PM.

a couple people tweeting something is your news source? lol

Blog Entries

Getting back to the boycotts, here's their new slogan.

http://www.sodahead.com/fun/do-you-l...62207/?slide=2

any new absurd 'tweets' you can lump the entire non-right wing population of the country into??

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    I bet most of Dade's generation in the hood don't even know who she is.
    While I can't speak for the entire generation or those "in the hood", I will say I have never meant a person of my age who didn't know who Rosa Parks was.

Not knowing the past is not a problem just within the black community. Its a problem across all of America. That is what I took from Trap's Rosa Parks quote. The quote from Michael Roberts is discussing entirely different in the black community, that I won't go into now.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

This Denny's owner is going a step further than Applebees and Papa Johns by charging customers a 5% sur-charge in addition to cutting employees hours due to O BUMMER CARE.

Then he says if they don't want to pay it they can reduce the amount of the tip-lol.

15-20% tip? I thought it was strictly 20% tip. That's what I've been paying for
    years now.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...6pLid%3D234886

Blog Entries

"When you're blaming it on one thing and it's due to something else, you're basically making a political statement," Fronstin said. "And if you do something for political reasons, it can backfire, because someone else has the opportunity to come in and take the business away."
    Thats basically what my first thought about the layoffs were. Its too soon to be doing it so youre just making a political statement or covering up for a failing business and passing blame. Theres no secret a lot of coal burning power plants are switching to natural gas because natural gas is so cheap right now. thats hurt the industry as much if not more than anything obama has done. Free market working the way its suppose to. As far as Dennys goes, i havent been to a dennys in 5-6 years, so i couldnt speak on how their business is doing but i wouldnt be surprised if it was also faltering, whether because of the economy in general (people not eating out as much) or poor business practices is another question.

if they charge 5% and another restaurant isnt of equal, or mostly likely better, quality. why would you go there? Hes putting the lid on his own coffin just waiting for somebody to nail it shut if you ask me. he also has a year to change his mind based on his competition. Hes probably hoping all chains do the same, and if not, probably doesnt follow through with it anyway.
    -JAB