Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hey alienrace... reports of the Steelers demise

have been greatly exaggerated for the second year in a row.

By you.

Check out our schedule vs. theirs the rest of the way and tell me that we won't be scraping for a wild card while they are playing for a bye week.

Blog Entries

Re: Hey alienrace... reports of the Steelers demise

It was silly to ever write off the Steelers before the season and even when they started losing games, I never understand why people do that, I will always expect them to be contenders while Jen is their QB.

Saying that, you are just as bad as him for basically saying the AFCN is now the Steelers to lose, even though we're 6-2 and they are 5-3. They lost games against the Raiders and the Titans two bad teams, so I wouldn't look at their schedule and say they are going to win the rest of the games, and we are going to lose the rest of ours outside of the Raiders and the Redskins. I still think we have a good chance at winning the AFCN, and I really don't understand the negativity around here, I mean, I can understand some of it, but some are saying this is 07 again, SMH....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    It was silly to ever write off the Steelers before the season and even when they started losing games, I never understand why people do that, I will always expect them to be contenders while Jen is their QB.

Saying that, you are just as bad as him for basically saying the AFCN is now the Steelers to lose, even though we're 6-2 and they are 5-3. They lost games against the Raiders and the Titans two bad teams, so I wouldn't look at their schedule and say they are going to win the rest of the games, and we are going to lose the rest of ours outside of the Raiders and the Redskins. I still think we have a good chance at winning the AFCN, and I really don't understand the negativity around here, I mean, I can understand some of it, but some are saying this is 07 again, SMH....
    Leach you are spot on. Anyone who wrote off the Steelers is a damn fool, especially if you wrote them off in favor of the Bengals.

But the Ravens are not going to concede anything without a fight. The Ravens can win the division, the #1 seed, the Superbowl or whatever, until they can't.

Both teams are deeply flawed. I don't see squeaking by the Giants as any great achievement. The Giants are very inconsistent and often lay eggs just when everyone wants to crown them as a juggernaut.

Well said. I never write the Ravens off. I don't care what their respective records are; a win and a loss by either team means nothing but for that day. Play the next day and their could be a different result. I can hardly stand the stress of watching when they play, especially after last year.

This year could easily be a split. Or not?

I don't think most people wrote off the Steelers but unlike Ravenboy (who can be a jerk) most people shouldn't be crowning them as anything other than having an above .500 record. The thing I hate is because its Pittsburgh everyone in the media and Ravenboy are going to anoint them as AFC if not SB champs. Its annoying because its like the Ravens aren't shit.

Blog Entries

According to some here we are going to be 8-8 lol. It's entirely possible, but I don't see it happening.

According to some here we are going to be 8-8 lol. It's entirely possible, but I don't see it happening.
    I could understand if it was under some legitimate reasons (Flacco and Ray Rice had season ending injuries, both tackles are gone for an extended time etc.) but losing Ray who wasn't playing well is not all that devastating from a performance perspective. Webb's injury hurts greatly but teams were still passing on the Ravens and the run defense was still a shambles without his support.

While their schedule is tougher than the Steelers the rest of the way most of their toughest games are at home where we all know that this is a different team. The only road game that appears to be unwinnable is the Chargers game because Rivers has had the Ravens number even when the D was great. The Slurs game is going to be another home game especially given what Shanny said today (there could very well be 50K Ravens fans at Raljon). Pitt,Denver and the Giants are the toughest remaining teams but M&T has a way of making the Ravens rise up.

In any event these next 8 games are going to be one wild ride.

If you don't see the Steelers winning this division going away, then you must have blinders on. I know you'll call me a steeler fan, but, come on, they just beat the world champions in their home building. Do you really think that Smith and Williams will be able to stop the Steeler's receivers? The Ravens are hanging on by their fingernails and its all about to unravel. I just hope to god that the Texans can keep the steelers out of the super bowl.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    If you don't see the Steelers winning this division going away, then you must have blinders on. I know you'll call me a steeler fan, but, come on, they just beat the world champions in their home building. Do you really think that Smith and Williams will be able to stop the Steeler's receivers? The Ravens are hanging on by their fingernails and its all about to unravel. I just hope to god that the Texans can keep the steelers out of the super bowl.
    What about Denver?

Secondly, the Giants lost to Dallas at home earlier this year. Baltimore beat the Cowboys.

See what I did there?

The Ravens and Steelers know each other better than anyone. That game is a different level of game all of it's own.

The Steelers are still a very good team. But they are not without their issues.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    I just hope to god that the Texans can keep the steelers out of the super bowl.
    Pretty much my assessment as well, with one clarification - the Texans will be representing the AFC in the SB this year!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

There are people writing the Steelers obituary every year on this board.

Nothing is guaranteed for them, but one of these years posters will realize that you just can't write them off until they show they can't get it done at the end of the year.

Even in their "down" years, they are just as tough and competitive as ever.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.