Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries
    You can cut several hundred pounds by taking out seats, electronics, engine, tranny, brakes, rotors, steering column, and several other things.

You could probably get that particular car down to right around 1000lbs and possibly less.

While it is probable that the commercial was CGI, someone like Upshaw may actually be able to do that to a small skeleton car.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Awesome Courtney Upshaw Commercial

Who the hell cares, the commercial was cool as shit and Upshaw is a beast who if he continues to improve will be another in a long line of steals that Ozzie has performed at draft time.

Quote Originally Posted by edtude View Post
    Who the hell cares, the commercial was cool as shit and Upshaw is a beast who if he continues to improve will be another in a long line of steals that Ozzie has performed at draft time.
    I agree. In time will go down as a very good draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    No CGI in this one, and the car is probably intact. The trick is you never see the whole car while it is in a position where Courtney would need to be doing some real lifting. The first flip only shows half the car, with Upshaw visible in the front passenger window. I'm sure the other 3 dudes lifting with him were just out of frame. Anytime Courtney moves the car on his own it is either pushing it over in a way that even a smallish woman could (from it's side to it's back for example.)

So yea... simple camera trickery.
    I think you nailed it. I asked the director via Twitter and he said ....

@HoustonRaven @334Upshaw41 That's called 'movie magic' ... or commercial magic in this case. But the car wasn't stripped. Promise.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I think you nailed it. I asked the director via Twitter and he said ....

@HoustonRaven @334Upshaw41 That's called 'movie magic' ... or commercial magic in this case. But the car wasn't stripped. Promise.
    http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...0-040f067b5fd4

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

It can be done.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by londonraven View Post
    I think the key is Upshaw has no spotters for this stunt/advert

If the No1 draft pick rookie gets injured on a commercial the team would go crazy, it's surely in his contract not to anything that jeopardising his ability to play ball.
    Bingo.
    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    No CGI in this one, and the car is probably intact. The trick is you never see the whole car while it is in a position where Courtney would need to be doing some real lifting. The first flip only shows half the car, with Upshaw visible in the front passenger window. I'm sure the other 3 dudes lifting with him were just out of frame. Anytime Courtney moves the car on his own it is either pushing it over in a way that even a smallish woman could (from it's side to it's back for example.)

So yea... simple camera trickery.
    Double bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheRaven View Post
    It can be done.
    Actually, if I heard that right and the cars weighed 700 kilos (about 1550 lbs), then that proves HR's point--the car at ~2390 would be too much. Particularly as the Toyota in Upshaw's commercial would almost certainly have a lower center of gravity and therefore be harder to tip over. Thanks for the video though.

HR, I stand corrected.

I thought I'd throw this back to the top with how well our Rookie has been doing. Hopefully he can keep it up and not hit any wall.

Blog Entries

I know a guy that can actually lift the back of a car off the ground. He is a roided out powerlifter though. lol

Nice to see the kid getting some ad $ whatever the case.