Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Raiders vs Ravens Prediction Thread

Palmer will make this D pay for things that Weeden was unable to exploit last week. Lots of open receivers were missed that won't be this time. I still don't think it'll be enough though. Should be a high scoring affair if Flacco doesn't get crushed by Seymour and his boys.

Ravens 31
    Raiders 27

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Offense View Post
    I predict 27-21. I just think that this year is one that we have to sit on the edge of the seat every game.
    Stole my thunder. I agree 27-21 winner is what I see. Until the Defense proves capable of consistent stops, especially on 3rd down, I can't see many low scoring games. Palmer isn't a world-beater but he's not Weeden either.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    Palmer will make this D pay for things that Weeden was unable to exploit last week. Lots of open receivers were missed that won't be this time. I still don't think it'll be enough though. Should be a high scoring affair if Flacco doesn't get crushed by Seymour and his boys.

Ravens 31
    Raiders 27
    Seymour's out

Blog Entries

Ravens 27-24

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Offense View Post
    I predict 27-21. I just think that this year is one that we have to sit on the edge of the seat every game.
    Yep. Typical Ravens game. They just arent as good as people want them to be but will still win and make playoffs, then lose and offseason draft talk begins.

Really...hmmmm...that could be very good for the good guys.

DeputyDawg Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    Couldn't find any, so I'm starting one.

QB Carson Palmer could make this interesting IF Cam reverts back to a shotgun/no-huddle offense which, of course, would again wear down our defense (-TOP). Hopefully, he (and Harbaugh) learned their lesson in Cleveland. The Raiders remain dysfunctional but they are unpredictable when it comes to pulling upsets.

Odd Fact: These two teams have met six times in the regular season - and five of the six were in Baltimore. The Ravens are 5-0 at home against them. You would think the Raiders organization would have complained before now. Are they getting some sort of financial compensation?

OAK 17
    BAL 34
    Ravens by 10

Raiders are historically bad at 1 PM on the East Coast. I think they're 0 for their last 7.

It shouldn't be close.. We really need another game like we had opening night where we just steamrolled our opponent.

I'll say we win by 10.

Ravens 27
    Raiders 17

30-23 us

Blog Entries

Raiders - 23
    You guys - 31

Ravens - 30
    Raiders - 17

Raiders score a late TD to make it look reasonable. Ravens get at least one defensive TD.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    Odd Fact: These two teams have met six times in the regular season - and five of the six were in Baltimore.
    IINM, I believe the Ravens have gone to Oakland twice - 2003, and 2009 (actually 2010, as it was the last game of the '09 reg. season).

Anyway, I was expecting a blowout regardless, but with McFadden and Seymour out...well, that sentiment hasn't changed. 27-13...and frankly it should be an even wider MOV.