Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 39
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    12,115
    Blog Entries
    1

    Do you wanna know why the Ravens don't run this offense on the road?



    Because they ditched it, due to 'communication' issues, only to resort back to their ever predictable 'run run pass' offense of old, which is what they've done for past three years (Every time they've tried to open up the passing offense, at least) EVERY TIME THE PASSING OFFENSE STRUGGLES ON THE ROAD. Instead of trying to tweak some things to fix the problems, they just go, 'Oh, Joe can't handle it, let's just run Ray Rice into the ground'.

    That's why you haven't seen this offense on the road. When they finally wake up and realize that Joe is going to have to throw them to a Super Bowl, they'll figure it out.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  2. #2

    Re: Do you wanna know why the Ravens don't run this offense on the road?

    By "they" you of course mean "God's gift to the ranks of NFL offensive coordinators!" "Waking up" and adjusting are not in you know who's vocabulary!


    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Because they ditched it, due to 'communication' issues, only to resort back to their ever predictable 'run run pass' offense of old, which is what they've done for past three years (Every time they've tried to open up the passing offense, at least) EVERY TIME THE PASSING OFFENSE STRUGGLES ON THE ROAD. Instead of trying to tweak some things to fix the problems, they just go, 'Oh, Joe can't handle it, let's just run Ray Rice into the ground'.

    That's why you haven't seen this offense on the road. When they finally wake up and realize that Joe is going to have to throw them to a Super Bowl, they'll figure it out.




  3. #3

    Re: Do you wanna know why the Ravens don't run this offense on the road?

    Come on. The Raiders defense is shit. Let's not get carried away until we see a real pass rush, turtle mode or sack city WILL happen.




  4. #4

    Re: Do you wanna know why the Ravens don't run this offense on the road?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Because they ditched it, due to 'communication' issues, only to resort back to their ever predictable 'run run pass' offense of old, which is what they've done for past three years (Every time they've tried to open up the passing offense, at least) EVERY TIME THE PASSING OFFENSE STRUGGLES ON THE ROAD. Instead of trying to tweak some things to fix the problems, they just go, 'Oh, Joe can't handle it, let's just run Ray Rice into the ground'.

    That's why you haven't seen this offense on the road. When they finally wake up and realize that Joe is going to have to throw them to a Super Bowl, they'll figure it out.
    That and the passing game on the road consists of outs and deep balls along the sidelines. Hopefully they realize they can use the middle of the field when on the road as well.




  5. #5

    Re: Do you wanna know why the Ravens don't run this offense on the road?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Come on. The Raiders defense is shit. Let's not get carried away until we see a real pass rush, turtle mode or sack city WILL happen.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb





  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    12,115
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you wanna know why the Ravens don't run this offense on the road?

    The only time that they should honestly be hesitant to run this offense on the road is when they deal with a legit four man rush. Even then, they should have beat the Eagles.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  7. #7

    Re: Do you wanna know why the Ravens don't run this offense on the road?

    So you are saying the reason why we haven't seen "this offense" on the road is that "this offense" on the road looks nothing like "this offense" at home. I agree. But I am not sure your implication makes much sense. The idea that we need to suffer through 60 minutes of "this offense" on the road, even if it is going to cost us games we might otherwise win, and even if it is not guaranteed to ever look any better (i.e. our players are not up to the task), is very questionable to me.




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern PA
    Posts
    4,971
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Do you wanna know why the Ravens don't run this offense on the road?

    I'd like to see some slants and screens next week. Those two things will negate many things the Stoolers will try and it would definitely alleviate their pass rush.

    Is that asking too much?




  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,237
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Do you wanna know why the Ravens don't run this offense on the road?

    Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    That and the passing game on the road consists of outs and deep balls along the sidelines. Hopefully they realize they can use the middle of the field when on the road as well.
    Way to downplay a 55 point victory and going 7-2 at home. I expect nothing less here though.




  10. #10

    Re: Do you wanna know why the Ravens don't run this offense on the road?

    Going into this game opposing QBs were posting an average QB rating of 102.9 against Oakland and that # is only brought way down because of a bad outing by Matt Ryan (59.4). Including Flacco today, 6 out of the 9 QBs that have played against Oakland have posted a QB rating above 100.

    That is why the offense looked significantly better today than it will next week when dumbass fans will surely once more be calling for Cam Cameron's head.




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Right Where I need to be
    Posts
    1,342

    Re: Do you wanna know why the Ravens don't run this offense on the road?

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    Going into this game opposing QBs were posting an average QB rating of 102.9 against Oakland and that # is only brought way down because of a bad outing by Matt Ryan (59.4). Including Flacco today, 6 out of the 9 QBs that have played against Oakland have posted a QB rating above 100.

    That is why the offense looked significantly better today than it will next week when dumbass fans will surely once more be calling for Cam Cameron's head.
    Cam still sucks.




  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,237
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Do you wanna know why the Ravens don't run this offense on the road?

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    Going into this game opposing QBs were posting an average QB rating of 102.9 against Oakland and that # is only brought way down because of a bad outing by Matt Ryan (59.4). Including Flacco today, 6 out of the 9 QBs that have played against Oakland have posted a QB rating above 100.

    That is why the offense looked significantly better today than it will next week when dumbass fans will surely once more be calling for Cam Cameron's head.
    That still doesn't really explain why dumbass fans who are so negative, especially about Joe, forget about pretty much all our other home games where Flacco looked like an all pro in most of them.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland