Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: OBY won and the layoffs begin

Utah coal mine lays of over 100 due to OBYs war on coal. At least Utah voted for Mitt.

In January 2008, Barack Obama promised that his energy and regulatory policies would “necessarily bankrupt” coal plants. Consider this the next step towards fulfilling his campaign pledge. Over 100 coal miners in Utah got pink slips late yesterday, and the mine’s operator blamed Obama’s re-election and the bleak future for coal it portends:

That's why we call him O'Bummer.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...012/president/

The jobs report will increase again next month and by more than 1% but OBY won't even care because he's in. His distruction of America continues.

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/11/0...a-war-on-coal/
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-09-2012 at 09:00 PM.

You know, the amusing thing about the coal part is it's mainly the beloved conservative free market that's killing coal. Better technology makes it very efficient for energy generation through natural gas. It's cleaner, and it's dirt cheap. Also, even more amusingly is that the regulations that everyone hates Obama for were passed during the Nixon Era and strengthened by good old George W. (Clean Air Act for reference). Let's also ignore the fact that coal employment is at its highest in 20 years. The only regulation upcoming from this administration is the Utility MACT rule, and hell, there's a decent chance that wont even pass.

So yeah, I call bullshit on this "War on Coal." Regulations may have had an effect, but maybe its just the market talking for once?

http://energy.aol.com/2012/06/18/who...he-coal-plant/

And here's a nice article talking about this exactly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kojo View Post
    Sure they are. This is the party that only a few years ago expanded government healthcare (look at the size of the explanation books they sent out to seniors/walmart when Part D passed) demonizing Romney in the primaries for implementing healthcare in his own state when he simply borrowed the idea Gingrich and the freshmen wave crew wanted for the nation a decade or so prior. You don't do something like that, unless you're intelligent enough to know the general public has a short attention span and is just looking for a reason to not like the other party. The Dems do it too, dumb dems hated on Marco Rubio's dream act ideas. Obama implements it and now it's wonderful to them...in any case the tea party republicans just took it way too far and Boehner and crew didn't muzzle them. instead of saying repeal, repeal, replace, all they had to say was "see? Obama is using OUR ideas, not clintons, OURs. Put us in charge and we'll make it even more efficient". Just my opinion though, if you don't agree it's cool. :) good debate on here
    Good pair of posts. i often thought the same thing. Hes implementing a lot of republican ideas but still seeing friction along the way. Wasnt sure why at first but maybe its a little anger that, if it does work, dems get credit for their idea? Reminds me of the clinton era, who still gets blammed but it gets lost that he actually just signed off on republican idea that was in process before he even was elected. How quickly we forget, short memories like you said.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    You know, the amusing thing about the coal part is it's mainly the beloved conservative free market that's killing coal. Better technology makes it very efficient for energy generation through natural gas. It's cleaner, and it's dirt cheap. Also, even more amusingly is that the regulations that everyone hates Obama for were passed during the Nixon Era and strengthened by good old George W. (Clean Air Act for reference). Let's also ignore the fact that coal employment is at its highest in 20 years. The only regulation upcoming from this administration is the Utility MACT rule, and hell, there's a decent chance that wont even pass.

So yeah, I call bullshit on this "War on Coal." Regulations may have had an effect, but maybe its just the market talking for once?

http://energy.aol.com/2012/06/18/who...he-coal-plant/

And here's a nice article talking about this exactly.
    Most of the coal burning plants in my area have already switched to natural gas. Its simply a field of angry people looking to blame anybody they can and the president is an easy target. I agree the free market and mostly natural gas prices have driven these companies away from coal more so than the presidents policies on dirty coal.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

If you lost your job you'd be angry too like 750 folks in Appalacia.

I posted a quote where the Prez said he was going to do this and he did.

But here he said anyone who wants to build a coal plant can but if they do they will be bankrupt thanks to all the EPA regulations strangling it. FDR did the same thing in the depression to companies and a book was just written called TRAITOR TO HIS CLASS where he bankrupted people he grew up with and went to church with by expanding the govt with stricter regulations. OBY is doing the same thing but on a greater scale.

“President Obama is responsible entirely for the closure of that mine and the loss of those jobs,” Murray Energy Corporation’s founder and CEO, Robert Murray, a major Republican donor, told CNN in August.

“The many regulations that he and his radical appointees and the U.S. EPA have put on the use of coal . . . have closed 175 power plants,” Murray added.

In the 2008 campaign, Obama told the San Francisco Chronicle that the “notion of no coal . . . is an illusion,” but he added that he favored a cap-and-trade system. “So if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can,” Obama continued. “It’s just that it will bankrupt them.

This is what they do in Russia.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-10-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Blog Entries

Strict EPA regs here in W Va are blamed for layoffs as part of war on coal. EPA does what the Prez orders it to do.

“Since the Obama administration has been in, things have been tough on the coal economy,” one West Virginia coal miner said. “It just keeps going downhill, and without it West Virginia will be one state that won’t make it.”

The Obama administration has portrayed coal as a dirty energy source. The Environmental Protection Agency has imposed tough new regulations to keep operating or get new permits.

Miners owners argue they can’t afford to make the necessary changes in the amount of time they’re given. That has resulted in layoffs or mines simply shutting down.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-10-2012 at 02:52 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Strict EPA regs here in W Va are blamed for layoffs as part of war on coal. EPA does what the Prez orders them to do.

“Since the Obama administration has been in, things have been tough on the coal economy,” one West Virginia coal miner said. “It just keeps going downhill, and without it West Virginia will be one state that won’t make it.”

The Obama administration has portrayed coal as a dirty energy source. The Environmental Protection Agency has imposed tough new regulations to keep operating or get new permits.

Miners owners argue they can’t afford to make the necessary changes in the amount of time they’re given. That has resulted in layoffs or mines simply shutting down.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the sound bite NC. ILMAO but
    the libbies still won't get it.

I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT THAT BITCH AIN'T ONE.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-11-2012 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Honestly with how many are not insured or dont pay their medical bills, i cant really see fault in the theory. If conservatives are against freeloaders, why is making them be insured or pay a penalty such a bad thing? Givernment mandates aside the end result is a good thing.
    I am anti-mandate.
    One year of insurance coverage, pays for 10 or more yeas of my personal healthcare. I'd rather pay out of pocket, and have chosen to do ???? That was rhetorical, I do know why, and it is to pay for the welfare recepients health insurance. the same people I currentl pay for when I currently pay out of pocket for my own healthcare expnses, and pay 50% extra to make up for the Hospitals lost uncollectable debt.
    Before this legislation the poor were already covered, as were the illegal aliens. Now they have "insurance" which juat means a whole ton of extra hands in between collecting bloated salaries while not working hard as is typical of all government workers. So it has now become far more expensive to cover the poor and illegals, and there will now be more of them, making it a snowball effect.

Blog Entries

Speaking of more presidential regulations, check out all these, many
    will be imposed by EPA. Comes out to 68 per day.

CEI expects the EPA to move ahead on delayed rules on everything from greenhouse gas emissions to ozone standards. “Rules from the health care bill and the Dodd-Frank financial regulation bill will also likely make themselves known in the weeks to come," the group said on its website.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/6125...average-68-day