Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns...

Re: Guns...

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    aaaannnnddd, much ado about not much.

Have a Glock 19 Gen4 on hold until this afternoon, when my wife's waiting period will begin. Trijicon Night Sights ordered...

Thanks for the help guys, i just came back to where I started.
    Great weapon. My wife and I have both have a 19G4 and it's my primary concealed carry weapon (thanks to my small hands).
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Kinda off topic but not really. Just some facts about guns and violence...

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Great weapon. My wife and I have both have a 19G4 and it's my primary concealed carry weapon (thanks to my small hands).
    I have a 19G3 on my hip as I type... thanks to the advice from a few months ago.

Upon finding an available Glock semi Locally, I just took the plunge and decided a bit more parctice and technique work will get her where she needs to be. The interchangeability of ammo, clips(lol, magazines) helped as well.. . Unlike last time, in this instance I had my choice of Gen 3 or Gen 4, and that $50 seems well worth it for the extra mag, removeable backstrap and double recoil spring, all of which, SHOULD IMO make it a superior firearm for my wife as compared to my own Gen3. Now I can keep a mag loaded with defensive rounds for each of us, and still have 3 range mags. Being a weapon that will be kept at home, the Trijicons seemed a nice upgrade.

Good stuff, NC ....

Pretty much destroys the theory of "Less Guns, Less Crime".
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Upon finding an available Glock semi Locally, I just took the plunge and decided a bit more parctice and technique work will get her where she needs to be. The interchangeability of ammo, clips(lol, magazines) helped as well.. . Unlike last time, in this instance I had my choice of Gen 3 or Gen 4, and that $50 seems well worth it for the extra mag, removeable backstrap and double recoil spring, all of which, SHOULD IMO make it a superior firearm for my wife as compared to my own Gen3. Now I can keep a mag loaded with defensive rounds for each of us, and still have 3 range mags. Being a weapon that will be kept at home, the Trijicons seemed a nice upgrade.
    If you want a semiautomatic handgun that will bang every time, nothing beats a Glock.

The double spring in the Gen 4 is what did it for me. Such a smooth action and lesser recoil. I am back on target much faster than with the single spring.

Kind of a non sequitur but pretty funny ....

If you want a semiautomatic handgun that will bang every time, nothing beats a Glock.

The double spring in the Gen 4 is what did it for me. Such a smooth action and lesser recoil. I am back on target much faster than with the single spring.
    Does it happen to be easier to rack the slide back? That would be nice as a nice added bonus.

Does it happen to be easier to rack the slide back? That would be nice as a nice added bonus.
    It will break in as all springs will but, no, it wont get noticeably easier to pull back. The slide needs a relatively taught spring in order to propel the slide forward and seat the next round properly.

If you lose that, rounds will not fully seat in the breach, thus wont fire.

It's important she get the strength to work that action in case of jams.

It will break in as all springs will but, no, it wont get noticeably easier to pull back. The slide needs a relatively taught spring in order to propel the slide forward and seat the next round properly.

If you lose that, rounds will not fully seat in the breach, thus wont fire.

It's important she get the strength to work that action in case of jams.
    I was more specifically speaking Gen3 vs Gen 4?

My 19 is looser after 1000 rounds then the new in case gun.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 01-10-2013 at 02:02 PM. Reason: oops ... hit edit by mistake

I was more specifically speaking Gen3 vs Gen 4?

My 19 is looser after 1000 rounds then the new in case gun.
    Both.

Keep in mind what you may be feeling is metal wear, not a loose spring. A spring should not loosen to the point where it's noticeable.

Both.

Keep in mind what you may be feeling is metal wear, not a loose spring. A spring should not loosen to the point where it's noticeable.
    so you are basically saying reduced friction?

entrely possible.

They also only had the sub-compact 40 Cal, which could have a heavier spring... compared to my 9 MM.

They also only had the sub-compact 40 Cal, which could have a heavier spring... compared to my 9 MM.
    Larger round = Larger slide = Larger, more taught spring

Is CheaperthanDirt still the best place for ammo? Looking at their site, almsot everything is out of stock, and even 500 rounds at a time, $.25 per round is about as cheap as it gets for 9mm Luger. Brownells has 500 packs with Ammo Cans for pretty much the same $.25 per. But my problem with all of that, is that I only spend I think 13 per 50 at the range, so I'm failing to see the point in stocking up ahead of time.... except for times like these when it's almost impossible to find them.

Hints, tips... I know you buy in bulk HR.

Is CheaperthanDirt still the best place for ammo? Looking at their site, almsot everything is out of stock, and even 500 rounds at a time, $.25 per round is about as cheap as it gets for 9mm Luger. Brownells has 500 packs with Ammo Cans for pretty much the same $.25 per. But my problem with all of that, is that I only spend I think 13 per 50 at the range, so I'm failing to see the point in stocking up ahead of time.... except for times like these when it's almost impossible to find them.

Hints, tips... I know you buy in bulk HR.
    Sorry, just now seeing this.

CTD or Brownells are great places. I favor Brownells now after two shipments of 9mm ammo came up lost the last time I used CTD. I buy in bulk simply out of convenience and not too interested in the price per round unless it's outrageous.

I'd wait to buy till this panic goes down. I don't think there's going to be any ammo ban so just ride it out for a few more months and start to order again.

thanks, pretty much what i had gathered.