Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns...

Senator Feinstein is going to propose legislation to ban my birthday present, per MarketWatch.

Thank Jeebus the House is GOP controlled. Won't ever pass.

Blog Entries

Re: Guns...

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Senator Feinstein is going to propose legislation to ban my birthday present, per MarketWatch.

Thank Jeebus the House is GOP controlled. Won't ever pass.
    Not too mention a few Democrat Senators that likely wouldn't vote for it.

Question HR. I'm looking for another gun. Something like a mini 14, but with better range. Not sure I want a AR because of their reputation for jamming, any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Question HR. I'm looking for another gun. Something like a mini 14, but with better range. Not sure I want a AR because of their reputation for jamming, any suggestions?
    Early AR's jammed, not the ones made these days. You can't go wrong with either really. A friend of mine as a mini and it's a great gun.

I recommend AR's without reservation though. Are you looking to hunt with it as well? Or just something fun to shoot?

Blog Entries

Early AR's jammed, not the ones made these days. You can't go wrong with either really. A friend of mine as a mini and it's a great gun.

I recommend AR's without reservation though. Are you looking to hunt with it as well? Or just something fun to shoot?
    Ideally, It like to have something for both. A true hunting rifle that I could shoot up to 400 yards (if I'm capable, but I'd at least like the gun to be) and something for fun. Right now I'd be happy with a mix of the two, got another kid on the way so the budget is smaller...

Ideally, It like to have something for both. A true hunting rifle that I could shoot up to 400 yards (if I'm capable, but I'd at least like the gun to be) and something for fun. Right now I'd be happy with a mix of the two, got another kid on the way so the budget is smaller...
    You're going to spend around $1,000 for a quality AR. Bushmaster's M4 Carbine is a very reliable model. It's modular (AR's are the Lego sets of guns) and they have decent customer service.

You may also want to give Red Jacket a try. Their new Direct Impingement AR's are getting great reviews and are in the same price range. They guarantee all of their weapons for life. Only down side there is you'd have to wait 4-6 months because demand for their weapons are insane right now.

Blog Entries

You're going to spend around $1,000 for a quality AR. Bushmaster's M4 Carbine is a very reliable model. It's modular (AR's are the Lego sets of guns) and they have decent customer service.

You may also want to give Red Jacket a try. Their new Direct Impingement AR's are getting great reviews and are in the same price range. They guarantee all of their weapons for life. Only down side there is you'd have to wait 4-6 months because demand for their weapons are insane right now.
    Thanks for the info. What would you say the range is for an AR 2 -250 yards?

Thanks for the info. What would you say the range is for an AR 2 -250 yards?
    Double that. ;)

Blog Entries

Double that. ;)
    Sold.

Sold.
    Great thing about an AR is all the "stuff" that can be put on to the weapon. If you're going to shoot past 300 yards, get a good scope.

Blog Entries

I think I saw this at the one closest to my house when I was picking up ammo for the handgun. I'll go check it out!! Thanks again!

If Im not mistaken, this law is in regards to arms trafficking/trade, like organizations in one nation funneling guns to some other hostile nations. They've already said this law will NOT over-ride any country's domestic gun laws. Relax fellas, this law will not have anything to do with your ability to go to walmart or bass pro and arm to your heart's content. the only country not voting for it is Russia (care to guess why?).