Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns...

Blog Entries

Re: Guns...

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I think you'll find the modular grip / backstraps to be helpful. You'll appreciate being able to change the grip size. The larger mag well is nice but you'll only notice that if you you're doing some sort of competition type shooting or a live fire exercise, requiring you to change mags on the fly. The mag release is larger and ambidextrous.

The spring is the main feature for me. Takes away lots of wear and tear on the frame and the action is noticeably smoother.
    Being left handed (At least when it comes to shooting) the ambidextrous mag release would be nice.

I think for the slight increase in cost I'd like to have thegen4, just nobody has any!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Being left handed (At least when it comes to shooting) the ambidextrous mag release would be nice.

I think for the slight increase in cost I'd like to have thegen4, just nobody has any!!!
    I was able to get a new Gen4 in finksburg...

Another nbig benefit of the 4th gen is the inclusion of 3 mags instead of 2. The $50 price increase (in 9mm) was nearly jsutified by the mag alone.

if you can find one, being a lefty, it's a no brainer as far as I can tell. Being a righty with a righty wife I found the $50 upcharge pretty much a no-brainer. It didn't hurt that I already had the exact same gun in Gen3, so I can do some head to head testing :re the spring and backstrap in a week or two.

And good choie on a Glock, I literally can't find anyone that will tell me I should have bought "X,Y or Z". I've talked to one person that chose a Sprignfield XD serties gun instead as it fit his hand better, but that's it.

It comes assembled for righty, but it's nothing to switch it to lefty. Will take you all of 5 minutes.

Blog Entries

SO Obama released his 23 executive actions... mostly simbolic.

I would like to see a few of these clarified but here they are.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...th-law/?page=2

SO Obama released his 23 executive actions... mostly simbolic.

I would like to see a few of these clarified but here they are.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...th-law/?page=2
    The emperor has no clothes .... LOL

These are utter jokes! I KNEW it, I fucking KNEW it. I am not one for crowing, but I called this one the second the shooting was over.

This is a total win for gun owners and does absolutely nothing to address the problems from Sandy Hook. Nothing.

Blog Entries

These are utter jokes! I KNEW it, I fucking KNEW it. I am not one for crowing, but I called this one the second the shooting was over.

This is a total win for gun owners and does absolutely nothing to address the problems from Sandy Hook. Nothing.
    You did call it. I actually agree on the background check, not sure how I feel about having doctors (like they'd actually do it) ask about having guns...

Blog Entries

i wouldnt say it does nothing to address sandy hook but its certainly pretty gun friendly overall. It has something about incentives for schools and guards/security. Mostly stricter and universal background checks, which is odd if they dont do that already and protocol for giving seized guns back. If im the NRA im not sure what id even argue.really?

I still am hearing about a AR ban and clip size but apparently hes letting congress decide that without an executive order?

Like ive said im pro gun but still think somethings could be done, this seems to be farely mutual compromise with keeping the 2nd amendment intact. If they still do the AR ban ill be a little pissed about it.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    i wouldnt say it does nothing to address sandy hook but its certainly pretty gun friendly overall. It has something about incentives for schools and guards/security. Mostly stricter and universal background checks, which is odd if they dont do that already and protocol for giving seized guns back. If im the NRA im not sure what id even argue.really?

I still am hearing about a AR ban and clip size but apparently hes letting congress decide that without an executive order?

Like ive said im pro gun but still think somethings could be done, this seems to be farely mutual compromise with keeping the 2nd amendment intact. If they still do the AR ban ill be a little pissed about it.
    The push for banning "assault rifle" and high capacity magazines.

Here's a good link for information about "assault rifles"
    http://www.assaultweapon.info/

Blog Entries

Found a G22, just put a deposit on it to get it Saturday.

Blog Entries

The push for banning "assault rifle" and high capacity magazines.

Here's a good link for information about "assault rifles"
    http://www.assaultweapon.info/
    Thats not one of the 23 EOs though right? Id agree that shouldnt happen. But if these are the points hes claiming to make happen regardless of congress or atleast pressuring them to agree i cant really find something thats damaging to responsible gun owners. Pretty close to what we discussed earlier but maybe more mild.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Thats not one of the 23 EOs though right? Id agree that shouldnt happen. But if these are the points hes claiming to make happen regardless of congress or atleast pressuring them to agree i cant really find something thats damaging to responsible gun owners. Pretty close to what we discussed earlier but maybe more mild.
    I get what you're saying now. Yes one of the 23 actions is not an assault weapons ban.

Blog Entries

OBY launches biggest gun control bill in a decade.

23 executive actions/orders will be also be enacted.

There's no way this bill pases unless Boner
    caves in again. Newt just blasted him on the debt ceiling debate and warned him about caving in.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...6pLid%3D257873