Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
Honestly, it really is at least as much for range use as home defense, (knock on wood, it's ONLY for that). She really enjoys our range days.
I'm a traditionalist when it comes to guns. IMO, unless the gun is going to live in a safe all the time, it's going to be a home defense weapon simply because it's accessible ....

Speaking with her, I think she's a the point where she wants to find a way to make the Glock work. I know I have personally seen her rack my slide a few times, so i will just make that part of her responsibility a the range for her "turn". I'm goign to double check her technique and make sure she is pushing with her strong hand while pulling with the weak one. It was jsut a point of information the gun store salsman pointed out that made me realize I was letting her shortcut the process. SHe may be small, but she's not feeble and should be able to do it with practice and good technique
The salesman is dead on. Earlier you said she had mastered the Glock but unless she can clear a jam or work the action, she hasn't truly mastered it yet. This is why a recommended a revolver to you. It's good she's decided to learn the action. I had a similar issue with my wife and now she knows what to do.

As for heading back to the OP, after havng been in a gun store eysterday, and talking with the sales staff, there has absolutely been a SERIOUS run on guns in the past month. Their inventory was far weaker then it was this fall, and their re-supply timeline is very vague. Glock's in particular are difficult for them to replenish, and were claimed to be "out of stock" basically everywhere.
The panic right now is ridiculous. I've been able to find 9mm and .45 but I cannot find bulk .223 right now. I have not been shopping yet for a new weapon but have heard similar stories of empty shelves. It's silly. None of these gun bills have a chance at passing the House and there's an argument to be made they wont pass the Senate either.