Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 263

Thread: Guns...

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,503

    Re: Guns...



    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Thanks for the info. What would you say the range is for an AR 2 -250 yards?
    Double that.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: Guns...

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Double that.
    Sold.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,503

    Re: Guns...

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Sold.
    Great thing about an AR is all the "stuff" that can be put on to the weapon. If you're going to shoot past 300 yards, get a good scope.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,503

    Re: Guns...

    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: Guns...

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I think I saw this at the one closest to my house when I was picking up ammo for the handgun. I'll go check it out!! Thanks again!
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  6. #36

    Re: Guns...

    If Im not mistaken, this law is in regards to arms trafficking/trade, like organizations in one nation funneling guns to some other hostile nations. They've already said this law will NOT over-ride any country's domestic gun laws. Relax fellas, this law will not have anything to do with your ability to go to walmart or bass pro and arm to your heart's content. the only country not voting for it is Russia (care to guess why?).




  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,503
    How about reading the thread Kojo?

    That's exactly what we said.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  8. #38

    Re: Guns...

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    How about reading the thread Kojo?

    That's exactly what we said.
    Hey Houston! I only saw the "get them while you can" comment in the title and went from there. Carry-on




  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Detroit Michigan
    Posts
    1,908
    Gun control advocacy is so yesterday...

    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

    –Eleanor Roosevelt




  10. #40

    Re: Guns...

    Saw a little comment about Fast and Furious earlier in this thread. Thought I would drop this in here.

    Its a long read, but a good one.

    http://features.blogs.fortune.cnn.co...furious-truth/




  11. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,503
    Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    Saw a little comment about Fast and Furious earlier in this thread. Thought I would drop this in here.

    Its a long read, but a good one.

    http://features.blogs.fortune.cnn.co...furious-truth/
    I don't think anyone has ever argued that the administration intentionally allowed guns to fall into the hands if the cartels.

    Rather, it was a monumentally stupid idea to allow guns to walk across the border, hoping they'd never get used, all in the hopes of being able to "track their movements".

    Fact still remains this administration DID allow guns to go across the border. Those guns DID end up in the hands of some pretty bad folks. And sadly, those same guns DID kill people, namely a DEA agent. Do I think the President or Holder know about the program beforehand? No. Do I think they've been covering it up? Yup.

    That's the issue I have with it. No surprise, CNN is hoping to obfuscate the issue when that was never anyone's contention in the first place.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  12. #42

    Re: Guns...

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I don't think anyone has ever argued that the administration intentionally allowed guns to fall into the hands if the cartels.

    Rather, it was a monumentally stupid idea to allow guns to walk across the border, hoping they'd never get used, all in the hopes of being able to "track their movements".

    Fact still remains this administration DID allow guns to go across the border. Those guns DID end up in the hands of some pretty bad folks. And sadly, those same guns DID kill people, namely a DEA agent. Do I think the President or Holder know about the program beforehand? No. Do I think they've been covering it up? Yup.

    That's the issue I have with it. No surprise, CNN is hoping to obfuscate the issue when that was never anyone's contention in the first place.
    Gotta look out for your boys, even if its the wrong thing to do. Its unfortunate, but you really think they're just going to throw them under the bus? And you really think any other administration would do the same? Just saying, this seems more of a loyalty issue than anything.

    Also, how many sting operations go wrong every year that we just don't hear about? I really think this issue was hyper-politicized. But that's all my opinion.




  13. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,503
    I'm sorry. Loyalty ends when people die. Period.

    And I'm kind of stunned you're ok with that.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  14. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I'm sorry. Loyalty ends when people die. Period.

    And I'm kind of stunned you're ok with that.
    When did I say I was ok with it? I said that's the way it is. Personal loyalty is valued very highly in American society, but especially in military and law enforcement.

    No administration is going to willingly throw their own people under the bus unless they absolutely have too. Just like no squad sergeant or police chief is going to either.



    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2




  15. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,503

    Re: Guns...

    Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    When did I say I was ok with it? I said that's the way it is. Personal loyalty is valued very highly in American society, but especially in military and law enforcement.

    No administration is going to willingly throw their own people under the bus unless they absolutely have too. Just like no squad sergeant or police chief is going to either.
    Scooter Libby would disagree.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland