Thread: Ryan McBean

Blog Entries

Ryan McBean

Anyone remember this guy? I thought it could have been a solid signing ala Cory Redding. We lost him in the pre season, he's currently on IR. Is there any chance we resign him when he gets healthy again? I think it's clear he would have been the starter at LE this year, and our Dline wouldn't have sucked as much, or maybe would have been similar to last year, he was pretty good at Denver but had anger issues. Maybe this Dline needs a little more anger in them anyway.

Blog Entries

Re: Ryan McBean

I'm sure they'll look at him in the offseason. It's hard to know though if he'll be back. He really only had 1 good NFL season. Redding had been a pro bowl player before he was a Raven. McBean was more of a 'hope to catch lightning in a bottle' on the cheap kind of guy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I'm sure they'll look at him in the offseason. It's hard to know though if he'll be back. He really only had 1 good NFL season. Redding had been a pro bowl player before he was a Raven. McBean was more of a 'hope to catch lightning in a bottle' on the cheap kind of guy
    True, it also has to be said that before coming to Bmore, Redding played for really bad teams so he probably would have been to more pro bowls, and would have been a much more expensive option in FA when we signed him had he played for better teams. No one remembers anyone for any good reason even if they were good players playing on a winless Lions team.

With that said, I still think he would have been an upgrade over what either McPhee or A Jones have been so far this season.

Blog Entries

I think coming off injury and being familiar with him, means we get him back for cheap again. I agree, he was going to be the replacement for Redding and honestly i think he would have been a solid one. I got a good vibe from him, and hes probably a little better pass rusher.

If we dont resign him that means the team just wasnt happy with him and thinks they can improve with somebody else. Money shouldnt be an issue with him, although one of the reasons he was available cheap to begin with was his suspension.
    -JAB