Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
That's what I meant. I should have clarified. There's been an ongoing debate around here about the Coryell and I just wanted to add that in there to show that it can be effective.
And this might be part of the reason why Cam had more success in San Diego--and had a more consistent offense.
Because the Ravens don't have that elite tight end--Dickson might have the talent but so far, he's proven too unreliable, dropping too many passes.
And it may be that Cam doesn't trust Rice as much as he did Tomlinson, because Tomlinson was both better in pass protection and more of a power runner since he was considerably bigger and stronger than Rice.

And I think we have enough evidence that while Cam is capable of doing things differently from how he normally does them, he doesn't like being taken out of his comfort zone for long and will often/quickly revert to how he has always done them.
He's just not amenable to long-lasting changes.

So, it could be that Cam needs that elite TE and that all-around elite RB--because that's what his preferred offense requires--neither of which the Ravens don't quite have, because Cam just can't stick with whatever adjustments he makes to compensate for very long.

And didn't the Chargers have a better O-Line than the Ravens back then? I can't remember now for sure, but I think they did. If so, then that's another key reason why Cam had more success in SD than he has had here.