Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: The Ravens approached the offense the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    How do you not explain all the great performances he's had in a Ravens uniform then? I don't need to mention them all, like this year nearly all his home games have been amazing.

We wouldn't be 6-2 if it wasn't for Joe Flacco, the defense has been awful in most the games this year.
    That's what I am saying. He has to be perfect to fit his passes into such a small window, over and over again.
    The room for error is too small. It should NOT be that way.
    We have Torrey Smith and Jacoby Jones on the outside, and Pitta and Boldin on the inside.

Look at the Steelers just last week. Ben is getting his passes out quicker, by DESIGN AND YET, his receivers are running free...WHY IS THAT? Who is helping them get open? Are all the receivers in the league better than the Ravens' receivers?

If Joe looked downfield and saw all his receivers open all over the place, his biggest decision would be WHICH ONE to throw to?! Instead...he looks downfield and sees every receiver wearing a DB for a jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    That's what I am saying. He has to be perfect to fit his passes into such a small window, over and over again.
    We have Torrey Smith and Jacoby Jones on the outside, and Pitta and Boldin on the inside.

Look at the Steelers just last week. Ben is getting his passes out quicker, by DESIGN AND YET, his receivers are running free...WHY IS THAT? Who is helping them get open? Are all the receivers in the league better than the Ravens' receivers?

If Joe looked downfield and saw all his receivers open all over the place, his biggest decision would be WHICH ONE to throw to?! Instead...he looks downfield and sees every receiver wearing a DB for a jersey.
    :word

For a while we all wondered if guys not getting open was scheme or personnel. The Ravens WR personnel is fast enough and more than talented enough to get open. How much more evidence do we need to know its scheme?
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    flacco can't get the wrs separation. Until we have an oc that can modernize the scheme it does not matter who is the qb. Every ravens broadcast the announcers talk about the receivers not getting separation. The oline fails to progress under cam and moeller. That is not joe's fault. Birk is pushed back into his face on every passing plays. Lg doesnt pick up his block allowing guys to come untouched. The tackles barely slow down the better pass rushers. Flacco has the shortest time of any qb in the league to get off a pass. Last year in the playoffs the team could not run the ball. The running game was putrid. We could not pick up 3rd and 1s. This is a poorly coached offense. If i were flacco there is no way i would sign with the ravens if they retain cam. This team has coaching problems first and foremost. It is time to move on from the 60s and modernize.
    bingo

Blog Entries

I still cannot figure out why Cam doesn't adjust to the game either, that to me is even worse than his vanilla play calling in the passing game. Why did it take until the 4th quarter to adjust a game plan after the Browns started stacking the box and were stuffing our run game?

Blog Entries

Yeah bro, watch tonight's TNF game for example. Watch how even a terrible team like Jacksonville can get separation so easily, not that Gabbert will hit them, because he is truly the definition of a below average QB.

Then watch how well the colts will do it, they've had a lot of success recently with Andrew Luck, I just wish we had that luxury, it is far from a talent issue, it's so obviously a coaching issue! Nobody can tell me that Boldin who was an out and out pro bowl WR before coming here can never get separation because of a lack of talent, and the same for Torrey Smith who's one of the fastest receivers in the league.

Aside from that, I hate the fact that Cam cannot adjust or plan a balanced gameplan more than I hate his lack of creativity with the offense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post

For a while we all wondered if guys not getting open was scheme or personnel. The Ravens WR personnel is fast enough and more than talented enough to get open. How much more evidence do we need to know its scheme?
    Took the words straight out of my mouth, this is simply not a personell issue anymore. It was maybe excusable saying that when all of our receivers were pure possession (Heap, Mason, Boldin) receivers, that excuse cannot stand anymore.

Yes, the EXCUSE was that we had 4 old, slow receivers who couldn't get open.
    But I was on the thinking we had 4 veterans who knew how to play the game, but were constricted by the scheme.
    Going younger and faster hasn't changed anything.
    Now, there is no excuse for receivers not getting open.

When our receiver physically outruns the coverage downfield and Flacco has enough time to throw AND the throw is right on the mark, a great play occurs.
    Pitta's strength turns out to be run a few yards downfield, turn out and catch the ball with his fingertips while a defender is literally ontop of him. The throw has to be perfect, the protection just long enough and with no Dlinemen jumping up and swatting it down because they are unblocked.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I still cannot figure out why Cam doesn't adjust to the game either, that to me is even worse than his vanilla play calling in the passing game. Why did it take until the 4th quarter to adjust a game plan after the Browns started stacking the box and were stuffing our run game?
    Its just his DNA.

Cam is the kinda of guy who just seems to believe that if the plan is not working and if the offense cannot execute his plays....well thats not his fault. A really good coach looks at it and says....what plays can these guys run, what plays feed to their strengths, what can I change to increase the odds they can execute. I have not seen that ability from Cam even week to week....why would anyone expect to see it within the context of a game situation.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Yes, the EXCUSE was that we had 4 old, slow receivers who couldn't get open.
    But I was on the thinking we had 4 veterans who knew how to play the game, but were constricted by the scheme.
    Going younger and faster hasn't changed anything.
    Now, there is no excuse for receivers not getting open.

When our receiver physically outruns the coverage downfield and Flacco has enough time to throw AND the throw is right on the mark, a great play occurs.
    Pitta's strength turns out to be run a few yards downfield, turn out and catch the ball with his fingertips while a defender is literally ontop of him. The throw has to be perfect, the protection just long enough and with no Dlinemen jumping up and swatting it down because they are unblocked.
    I tend to think that the problem is that by the time the routes Cam has these guys running lead to separation, Joe is either on his back or running for his life. How many screens do we see, how many slants. You have a weapon in Torrey Smith who if you hit in stride with a slant could potentially break it the way Wallace did against the NYG. That's a play you go to multiple times a game....not a few times a season.

My biggest problem with Cam is that he does not adjust things to ensure that the ball gets into the hands of guys with a chance to make a play. Throwing down field to Torrey and hoping he outruns the opposing D or out jumps him is ok from time to time but not the sole or best utilization of a guy with is speed and ability to make guys miss.
    -Ray Lewis

I tend to think that the problem is that by the time the routes Cam has these guys running lead to separation, Joe is either on his back or running for his life. How many screens do we see, how many slants. You have a weapon in Torrey Smith who if you hit in stride with a slant could potentially break it the way Wallace did against the NYG. That's a play you go to multiple times a game....not a few times a season.

My biggest problem with Cam is that he does not adjust things to ensure that the ball gets into the hands of guys with a chance to make a play. Throwing down field to Torrey and hoping he outruns the opposing D or out jumps him is ok from time to time but not the sole or best utilization of a guy with is speed and ability to make guys miss.
    I agree.
    Every single game is a fluid situation and one must act accordingly.
    This is what I see...Cam finds out the down and distance, looks at his sheet of plays that he has decided during the week will work in those specific situations.
    And he calls that in, no matter if it didn't work on 3rd and 2 the previous 5 times or not.
    There are assistant coaches upstairs, yes? What are they seeing and relaying to him?
    Does he ignore it?
    What exactly is going on that a coach refuses to adapt during a game where the opponent always is adapting to some extent?
    Running the same play over and over again when it is not working is beyond my comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    For the life of me I've never seen an entire fanbase defend poor QB play nearly unanimously by blaming the OC. It is unfathomable!
    Jets fans did it with Sanchez.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Jets fans did it with Sanchez.
    Oh comon now, Flacco is better than Sanchez.