Thread: Yanda

Blog Entries

Yanda

I saw him rise up and bark (so to speak)
    A real sense that the past game was a lot nastier than was apparent.
    We've seen chippy games, we've seen games with skirmishes and full blown brawl potential. seen hard hitting but clean slugfests

This past game has me thinking some clowns were dirty beyond just trash talk. Pierce's kick penalty, I couldn't tell what was going on in the pile just before but it sure was something.

I really don't remember Yanda ever standing up but I got a real sense he was confronting something and to a degree stopping it, or at least making the officials very aware that they had a powder keg starting to heavily smoke.

Wasn't long after that Yanda left the game.
    I read online that he has an issue with ankle, an issue with knee, an issue with shoulder and just spotted rib contusions.
    Don't know the combination of the severity of all that, but feel certain that he would have been on the field to finish the job if he could, so I'm putting credence in rib contusions.

I think he also fired up the O-Line with his outburst and deserves kudos for a job well done.

Just calculated speculation on my part.... did anyone else see it similar?
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Re: Yanda

Guys were laying on and grinding Pierce into the ground when he was trying to get up to run a quick no huddle. That should be a delay of game penalty against the Clowns.

Yanda got taken down by a high single leg takedown by a Clown in front of 3 refs. No Call. Probably one of the most flagrant after the whistle takedowns I've seen and the officials chose to look the other way. BS.

Here is a video I just made. I'd be pissed to after I got pancaked after the whistle... got my helmet ripped off by the facemask, and then taken down a high single leg, all 2 ft. in front of 3 officials and don't get a single call.... all happening just 4-5 plays into the first offensive drive. Sign of the game to come?

Blog Entries

NFL has already blocked your video. But yeah, the Clowns crying about dirty play after the first game you had to know there would be some cheap shots in this one. It's the AFC North way.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    NFL has already blocked your video.
    wow, that was fast... haha. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Guys were laying on and grinding Pierce into the ground when he was trying to get up to run a quick no huddle. That should be a delay of game penalty against the Clowns.

Yanda got taken down by a high single leg takedown by a Clown in front of 3 refs. No Call. Probably one of the most flagrant after the whistle takedowns I've seen and the officials chose to look the other way. BS.
    SO THIS - on both incidents^^

Divisional foes know each other all too well, and it surely must suck to be 0 for your last 10 vs. a more successful divisional rival, but Cleveland had redefined "flagrant" by the early 2Q. Meanwhile the zebras seemed to not notice. I thought we were back in Philly w/ the replacement refs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post
    SO THIS - on both incidents^^

Divisional foes know each other all too well, and it surely must suck to be 0 for your last 10 vs. a more successful divisional rival, but Cleveland had redefined "flagrant" by the early 2Q. Meanwhile the zebras seemed to not notice. I thought we were back in Philly w/ the replacement refs.
    How many current Browns players have even been on the team for those 10 losses? I doubt it's more than 5 considering how often they turn their roster over. It's not consistent like the Steelers and Bengals.

Blog Entries

We cannot afford to lose Yanda, he's our best offensive player along with Rice.

9. Re: Yanda

Yeah I can't believe Pierce was called for that. I remember the NE game a few weeks ago when Ellerbe knocked one of their guards on their ass and the guy tried to upkick Ellerbe in the face a couple different times from his back. It was so blatant it looked like he was trying to Liu Kang bicycle kick him from the ground lol and the refs somehow didn't see or call it.

I believe Yanda returned-to the game. I don't think he was out for too long.