Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Which is hyperbole? That ak got called classless for doing something Trap does constantly (even you admit he refuses to call Obama by his actual name and insists on using insulting nicknames at minimum) or that you don't do anything about it other than treat it like a charming idiosyncrasy because he is on your side of the political aisle? Because frankly, those are both pretty easily supported assertions.
    Not at all. What you don't know could fill a book.

Worry about yourself. And let's get the thread back on track.

PM any of any time if you feel the need and we can continue this discussion.

Blog Entries

Re: Election Day 2012 Thread

Man, it's early, I forgot about the Rush thread but I never got a warning about any of my threads, but that thread had over 200 hits, but some people can never take the joke and at the time they were on the edge after OBY blew a 14 pt lead after the debates. Cher said she was leaving the country, but OBY just said they had to fight back hard and won. I give them credit, but you keep hurling personal insults since Day 1 even breaking the rules in the football forum while I have shown class to you. Just scroll back to your gay question post and my priest thread while you continue to prove HR right.

At least I didn't run like one libbie.

But I love you guy just as Christ does.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-07-2012 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The Microsoft vs Apple analogy is great and spot on.
    Especially in terms of polling.

The GOP thought the polling dynamic of 2004 still applied today when in reality we now know that pollsters fixed their issues and were all pretty much dead one.

I followed Nate Silver all election run up because while I disagree with a lot of his commentary, I haven't been able to argue with his math yet. I can't stress enough how pin point his predictions were.

Honestly I think this election was lost for the Repubs when they doubled down on the Tea Party rhetoric that worked well for them in '10. The shine had worn off that particular ideology pretty quickly. Frankly if they had adopted a truer libertarian platform skipped the religious and abortion talk, stay out of the gay rights debate, focus all rhetoric on the economy, taxation, and the deficit, they would have been much more appealing to a lot of young voters.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Youre exactly right Spam. I posted above that the Tea Party made a mistake getting rid of Lugar. Galen callled it at the time
    and said that was an automatic win for GOP for 20 years. Rove and his liberal establishment doubled down on them like you
    said. He crucified Santorum.

I followed Nate Silver all election run up because while I disagree with a lot of his commentary, I haven't been able to argue with his math yet. I can't stress enough how pin point his predictions were.

Honestly I think this election was lost for the Repubs when they doubled down on the Tea Party rhetoric that worked well for them in '10. The shine had worn off that particular ideology pretty quickly. Frankly if they had adopted a truer libertarian platform skipped the religious and abortion talk, stay out of the gay rights debate, focus all rhetoric on the economy, taxation, and the deficit, they would have been much more appealing to a lot of young voters.
    I agree if they a adopt a more Libertarian approach, they'd be better served.

I don't agree however the Tea Party had anything to do with this loss. The Tea Party is essentially Libertarian in many ways. Texas just elected a strong Tea Party backer in Ted Cruz based on Libertarian ideals of less Government intrusion, lower taxes, less regulation, etc were mantras in his campaign. He'd fair on the national stage but the GOP good ole' boys may get in the way.

Mitt ran a downright horrible campaign. He had every opportunity to frame Obama and, aside from one good debate performance, failed miserably at framing the debate. He stood back and did nothing as events he should have seized on -- Libya, unemployment numbers, etc -- came and went without barely a word.

Blog Entries

:word

When you listen to a lot of the Tea Party members (not all...but a fair amount) you kind of start to see a fine line emerge and on one side you have Tea Party and on the other you have bat-shit crazy.

Why the Republican party hasn't really opened their eyes and listened to guys like Gary Johnson and Ron Paul is beyond me. They are pretty outrageous on some of their views, but they tend to be on the side of letting facts and historical evidence guide their politics on a social, economic, and diplomatic level.

Young folks are tired of the anti-homosexual and anti-abortion saber rattling at every corner by far too many Republicans. I think that is something that the Republican party (on a whole) just hasn't come to grips with yet.
    Last edited by wickedsolo; 11-07-2012 at 08:49 AM.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Yea, but Mitt was the best of the worse lot.

More hope rests with Rubio and Ryan in the future.

I voted Libertarian yesterday but they gotta get rid of Rove and Bennett.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I agree if they a adopt a more Libertarian approach, they'd be better served.

I don't agree however the Tea Party had anything to do with this loss. The Tea Party is essentially Libertarian in many ways. Texas just elected a strong Tea Party backer in Ted Cruz based on Libertarian ideals of less Government intrusion, lower taxes, less regulation, etc were mantras in his campaign. He'd fair on the national stage but the GOP good ole' boys may get in the way.

Mitt ran a downright horrible campaign. He had every opportunity to frame Obama and, aside from one good debate performance, failed miserably at framing the debate. He stood back and did nothing as events he should have seized on -- Libya, unemployment numbers, etc -- came and went without barely a word.
    While Tea Partiers definitely have some libertarian traits, the problem is that the political members who many would (or could) consider the "face" of the Tea Party are wayyyyy too invested in religion and all of the things that come along with religion being included in one's politics.

You're right though. Mitt did run a bad campaign. There were several things that he could have called Obama on. He just flat out didn't. Not sure who was running his campaign, but they didn't do a very good job either. Like you said, other than the one debate, he didn't do anything while Obama's camp went straight after all of the things that could cast doubt onto Mitt (finances, taxes, etc).
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I think we're having a communication break down on the Tea Party label.

To me, and many people my age, Tea Party doesn't mean Libertarian. It mean anti-gay, birther, religious right. When forced to choose between voting for our economic beliefs and our morals, young voters go heart more than head. Maybe the Tea Party itself did a poor job defining itself, but to me, the Libertarian party is where to go for true small government values, and the Tea Party is where to go for lip service, followed by a discussion of why the government has a vested interest in what happens in my girlfriend's uterus or my gay neighbors' bedroom.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

I think we're having a communication break down on the Tea Party label.

To me, and many people my age, Tea Party doesn't mean Libertarian. It mean anti-gay, birther, religious right. When forced to choose between voting for our economic beliefs and our morals, young voters go heart more than head. Maybe the Tea Party itself did a poor job defining itself, but to me, the Libertarian party is where to go for true small government values, and the Tea Party is where to go for lip service, followed by a discussion of why the government has a vested interest in what happens in my girlfriend's uterus or my gay neighbors' bedroom.
    Each political party / group has their loud nut jobs that are not representative of the groups ideals as a whole. Tea Party is no different.

But I think you hit the nail on the head about getting the message out. They don't do a very good job of it not do they distance themselves from the idiots who trade on their name.

Pretty funny line from Twitter ...

Millions of Republicans can now wake up and stop pretending they like Mitt Romney.