Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1920212223 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dweezil22 View Post
    Your numbers simply aren't true. Debt went up 6 trillion under George W Bush. Of that nearly 4 trillion was in his second, 4 year term. Debt went up 2.8 trillion under Obama during the greatest recession since the depression. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...es_public_debt
    Wiki?!?! Really?!?!

Google "Federal Debt by President" and take a look at the CBS news article from March that comes up. Proves what I'm saying.

Blog Entries

Re: Election Day 2012 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    Nah we've played this game before. My facts don't match up with the hive mind here, so they don't count.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    It's more debt that held by the public that has gone up under Obama more than any other President.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Wiki?!?! Really?!?!

Google "Federal Debt by President" and take a look at the CBS news article from March that comes up. Proves what I'm saying.
    Whaaa....wiki isn't a reliable source?!
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I dont think theres any question the debt has gone up, however i think there are circumstances to why that happened out of his control. Sure he could have done a few things differently here and there but a lot of that is party lines which most Conservatives wont agree with whether it worked or not. always at least two ways to do anything, imo.

Although our debt went up so has our gross domestic product. Since the growth of our debt has slowed (since the huge spike at the end of Bush/beginning of Obama, aka the recession) maybe we can now start working towards lowering that % and paying it back so its more comparable to other presidents terms. keep in mind since 1976 (at least) no president besides Clinton has even had the debt decrease, which is what happens when you ignore it. at least now were committed as a country to pay it off. Whether Obamas plan works or not is still to be seen.

http://www.skymachines.com/US-Nation...ental-Term.htm
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Our GDP is up??? Since when?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Our GDP is up??? Since when?
    Since the collapse at least, or generally since forever.

http://www.google.com/publicdata/exp...hl=en&q=us+gdp

my point is as we continue to bring in more and more and the debt slowing like it is, theoretically well eventually be able to start paying it off again. Assuming things continue to track the way they are.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Since the collapse at least, or generally since forever.

http://www.google.com/publicdata/exp...hl=en&q=us+gdp

my point is as we continue to bring in more and more and the debt slowing like it is, theoretically well eventually be able to start paying it off again. Assuming things continue to track the way they are.
    as long as spending is cut as well, you are correct.

ince Obama loves his presidential decress so much(more so then all other presidents combined) why not impose a major one on Congress... one I would agree with.

COngress shall not recess, nor receive a penny of federal taxpayer money(supplies or paychecks) until a balanced budget has been produced and agreed upon, signed into law.

I mean really, these guys need to be shut in a room wihtout anything until they can do the same simple thing that people around the country do every month.... balance their checkbook.

Would certainly put the service back in Public Service. And there is no way congress would ever agree to such a measure, so might as well use his dictatorial powers, errr ummm.... ya

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    as long as spending is cut as well, you are correct.

ince Obama loves his presidential decress so much(more so then all other presidents combined) why not impose a major one on Congress... one I would agree with.

COngress shall not recess, nor receive a penny of federal taxpayer money(supplies or paychecks) until a balanced budget has been produced and agreed upon, signed into law.

I mean really, these guys need to be shut in a room wihtout anything until they can do the same simple thing that people around the country do every month.... balance their checkbook.

Would certainly put the service back in Public Service. And there is no way congress would ever agree to such a measure, so might as well use his dictatorial powers, errr ummm.... ya
    i whole heartedly agree. I also wouldnt mind pay cuts for them in general. or even better their pay being based on the average salaries of the ones theyre suppose to be representing. Really make them work for the people like theyre suppose to be.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Whaaa....wiki isn't a reliable source?!
    Sorry if that's a Santa like bombshell.

;)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    A healthy 2% last quarter... Im not seeing anything that says our GDP is down. Again, theres ebs and flows to how much or how little but its continually growing.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    A healthy 2% last quarter... Im not seeing anything that says our GDP is down. Again, theres ebs and flows to how much or how little but its continually growing.
    2% is not healthy, at all. 4+% is where it needs to be. 2 is barely keeping your head above water.