Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1819202122 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Debt has substantially gone up since Obama took office, not down as you claim. In four years, he's racked up more debt than all previous Presidents combined.
    Adding to that, despite what Obama has said about the Buffet rule and eliminating debt in 10 years, he's wrong. This not an exaggeration, it would take 500 years to pay of the debt from 2011-2012 with help from the buffet rule. And that's excluding the 498 other years of debt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Sirdowski; 11-07-2012 at 01:46 PM.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Re: Election Day 2012 Thread

Debt has substantially gone up since Obama took office, not down as you claim. In four years, he's racked up more debt than all previous Presidents combined.
    GWB excluded... though in 3 and a half years he surpassed Duya's 8 year total which had previously topped the prior aggregate. In the next 4 years he will have more then doubled the debt created throughout he 20th century.
    Last edited by jonboy79; 11-07-2012 at 01:53 PM.

Your numbers simply aren't true. Debt went up 6 trillion under George W Bush. Of that nearly 4 trillion was in his second, 4 year term. Debt went up 2.8 trillion under Obama during the greatest recession since the depression. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...es_public_debt

Blog Entries

I said that in the context that Romney claims he can do a better job than President Obama, with the idea that he feels President Obama has not done a good job. I wasn't talking about actual numbers.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by dweezil22 View Post
    Your numbers simply aren't true. Debt went up 6 trillion under George W Bush. Of that nearly 4 trillion was in his second, 4 year term. Debt went up 2.8 trillion under Obama during the greatest recession since the depression. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...es_public_debt
    Seriously don't try this one. I had the same argument and was completely ignored.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by dweezil22 View Post
    Debt rose 5.3 Trillion in Obama's 4 years vs 4.9 in Bush's 8... you are not looking at the raw numbers. You are using numbers that attribute Bush's tax cuts to his years, even after the fact. BY that metric, add the $877 Billion from Bush's term to Obama's, as it was his policy during Bush's lame duck period.

http://www.politifact.com/new-hampsh...f-time-george/

Just as Bush had to deal with What occurred during his tenure(9/11!!!!) and Policy that was leftover from the previous term, as does Obama. Despite knowind about these tax cuts Obama did absolutely NOTHING to cut spending, and in truth, increased it with dramatic flair. Estimates of the effect of such cuts are simply that as well, and it is not known for fact that revenue would have even been increased had the tax cuts were cancelled, which Obama CHOSE not to do.

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    Seriously don't try this one. I had the same argument and was completely ignored.

because it's a fallacy of twistefd truths. It does not jive with the reality that is math.

And that is all beside the fact that no one here is absolving GWB of his drunken spending.

For my money, the reason Romney lost is because of the portrayed craziness of his party in the media. From Palin to Bachmann to Akin, these last few years and months have been awash with Republicans preaching about rape, pregnancy and God. After awhile, that grates on people. Obama had his work cut out for him this election, but Mitt's own party did Mitt no favors. I don't trust politicians in general, but I have come to find some of these modern Republican leaders downright repulsive.

I am excited about Obama's victory, as well as those of several others last night, because of the social turning point they represent in our country. There were several liberal women who defeated conservative men. We elected our first openly gay politician. My home state, Maryland, ratified gay marriage. Our president does not show the DISDAIN for women, the poor and minorities that I sense from Republicans (leaders, sometimes voters).

Frankly, I would feel sorry for a country that elected a leader that said, when he thought the cameras were off, that he doesn't care about half the country.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Point taken. I'm out!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Debt rose 5.3 Trillion in Obama's 4 years vs 4.9 in Bush's 8... you are not looking at the raw numbers. You are using numbers that attribute Bush's tax cuts to his years, even after the fact. BY that metric, add the $877 Billion from Bush's term to Obama's, as it was his policy during Bush's lame duck period.

http://www.politifact.com/new-hampsh...f-time-george/

Just as Bush had to deal with What occurred during his tenure(9/11!!!!) and Policy that was leftover from the previous term, as does Obama. Despite knowind about these tax cuts Obama did absolutely NOTHING to cut spending, and in truth, increased it with dramatic flair. Estimates of the effect of such cuts are simply that as well, and it is not known for fact that revenue would have even been increased had the tax cuts were cancelled, which Obama CHOSE not to do.
    Jonboy, get outta here with facts!!!

Blog Entries

More like you were countered with facts and ignored them.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    More like you were countered with facts and ignored them.
    Nah we've played this game before. My facts don't match up with the hive mind here, so they don't count.