Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 272
  1. #241
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,504


    Quote Originally Posted by dweezil22 View Post
    Your numbers simply aren't true. Debt went up 6 trillion under George W Bush. Of that nearly 4 trillion was in his second, 4 year term. Debt went up 2.8 trillion under Obama during the greatest recession since the depression. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...es_public_debt
    Wiki?!?! Really?!?!

    Google "Federal Debt by President" and take a look at the CBS news article from March that comes up. Proves what I'm saying.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  2. #242
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: Election Day 2012 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    Nah we've played this game before. My facts don't match up with the hive mind here, so they don't count.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    It's more debt that held by the public that has gone up under Obama more than any other President.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  3. #243
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,853
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Election Day 2012 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Wiki?!?! Really?!?!

    Google "Federal Debt by President" and take a look at the CBS news article from March that comes up. Proves what I'm saying.
    Whaaa....wiki isn't a reliable source?!
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  4. #244

    Re: Election Day 2012 Thread

    I dont think theres any question the debt has gone up, however i think there are circumstances to why that happened out of his control. Sure he could have done a few things differently here and there but a lot of that is party lines which most Conservatives wont agree with whether it worked or not. always at least two ways to do anything, imo.

    Although our debt went up so has our gross domestic product. Since the growth of our debt has slowed (since the huge spike at the end of Bush/beginning of Obama, aka the recession) maybe we can now start working towards lowering that % and paying it back so its more comparable to other presidents terms. keep in mind since 1976 (at least) no president besides Clinton has even had the debt decrease, which is what happens when you ignore it. at least now were committed as a country to pay it off. Whether Obamas plan works or not is still to be seen.

    http://www.skymachines.com/US-Nation...ental-Term.htm
    -JAB




  5. #245
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: Election Day 2012 Thread

    Our GDP is up??? Since when?
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  6. #246

    Re: Election Day 2012 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Our GDP is up??? Since when?
    Since the collapse at least, or generally since forever.

    http://www.google.com/publicdata/exp...hl=en&q=us+gdp

    my point is as we continue to bring in more and more and the debt slowing like it is, theoretically well eventually be able to start paying it off again. Assuming things continue to track the way they are.
    -JAB




  7. #247

    Re: Election Day 2012 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Since the collapse at least, or generally since forever.

    http://www.google.com/publicdata/exp...hl=en&q=us+gdp

    my point is as we continue to bring in more and more and the debt slowing like it is, theoretically well eventually be able to start paying it off again. Assuming things continue to track the way they are.
    as long as spending is cut as well, you are correct.

    ince Obama loves his presidential decress so much(more so then all other presidents combined) why not impose a major one on Congress... one I would agree with.

    COngress shall not recess, nor receive a penny of federal taxpayer money(supplies or paychecks) until a balanced budget has been produced and agreed upon, signed into law.

    I mean really, these guys need to be shut in a room wihtout anything until they can do the same simple thing that people around the country do every month.... balance their checkbook.

    Would certainly put the service back in Public Service. And there is no way congress would ever agree to such a measure, so might as well use his dictatorial powers, errr ummm.... ya




  8. #248

    Re: Election Day 2012 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    as long as spending is cut as well, you are correct.

    ince Obama loves his presidential decress so much(more so then all other presidents combined) why not impose a major one on Congress... one I would agree with.

    COngress shall not recess, nor receive a penny of federal taxpayer money(supplies or paychecks) until a balanced budget has been produced and agreed upon, signed into law.

    I mean really, these guys need to be shut in a room wihtout anything until they can do the same simple thing that people around the country do every month.... balance their checkbook.

    Would certainly put the service back in Public Service. And there is no way congress would ever agree to such a measure, so might as well use his dictatorial powers, errr ummm.... ya
    i whole heartedly agree. I also wouldnt mind pay cuts for them in general. or even better their pay being based on the average salaries of the ones theyre suppose to be representing. Really make them work for the people like theyre suppose to be.
    -JAB




  9. #249
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: Election Day 2012 Thread

    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  10. #250
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,504
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Whaaa....wiki isn't a reliable source?!
    Sorry if that's a Santa like bombshell.

    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  11. #251

    Re: Election Day 2012 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    A healthy 2% last quarter... Im not seeing anything that says our GDP is down. Again, theres ebs and flows to how much or how little but its continually growing.
    -JAB




  12. #252
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: Election Day 2012 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    A healthy 2% last quarter... Im not seeing anything that says our GDP is down. Again, theres ebs and flows to how much or how little but its continually growing.
    2% is not healthy, at all. 4+% is where it needs to be. 2 is barely keeping your head above water.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  13. #253

    Re: Election Day 2012 Thread

    is that inflation adjusted? And by inflation adjusted I DO NOT mean using hte current governmental defined inflation figure, but one that is based on reality. If not, 2% isn't even keeping up with real world inflation.




  14. #254

    Re: Election Day 2012 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I dont think theres any question the debt has gone up, however i think there are circumstances to why that happened out of his control. Sure he could have done a few things differently here and there but a lot of that is party lines which most Conservatives wont agree with whether it worked or not. always at least two ways to do anything, imo.
    One problem with this. Democrats held both the House and Senate for Obama's first two years. The media was able to fool half the country that Conservatives have been holding him up since the day he got into office, when he had a supermajority in the Senate and overwhelming control of the House.

    The reason the House flipped in 2010 is because people wanted to stop what was going on. It's also why they kept the house now. A buffer to hopefully keep Obama from finishing off what he started.




  15. #255

    Re: Election Day 2012 Thread

    Also, HR man you were dead on about the whole damn thing. I thought the debates were enough when they swung the polls in Romney's direction. But you were absolutely right that Romney should have fought back long before the convention. He allowed the Democrats, Obama, and the lapdog media to define him through complete lies and demagoguery.

    The Republican party on the whole also never got behind him. Republican leadership in the House and Senate hardly uttered a word of support for Romney. Ohio Gov. Kasich should have been all over the media airwaves pushing Ohio for him. And during Hurricane Sandy while everyone was focused on Chris Christie getting used by Obama for nothing but a Presidental-looking photo op, the Republicans were silent.

    And then the polls. Rasmussen was so wrong on Party ID, and you were right about the state polls. The electorate was exactly what it was in 2008, and it looks like 2010 was just an anomaly.

    So, I'm man enough to admit I had this all wrong. In my heart, I thought high unemployment, high gas prices, debt and credit downgrades, and everything that happened in Libya and Syria would be enough to move the country back to the right. But the welfare state won. Obamaphones won. Vaginas over jobs won (and I know someone who actually told me they knew they would be financially worse off in 4 years and didn't care). The "give me free stuff" crowd won.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland