Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Peas will be calling plays from the press box now

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    It's about perspective and feel.
    OCs and DCs do it and have switched from one to the other across their careers.

Personally, I could never coordinate from the sidelines. Can't see isht lol
    EXACTLY THIS!!! You get a feel from the game on the sidelines, BUT, as a coordinator you need to KNOW EXACTLY what is going on, not what you are being told.

And yes, I think, both coordinators should be up in the booth.

i thought i remebered Jim Fassell calling plays from the booth, but i could be wrong

Blog Entries

Until i see a line stunt blitz and jimmy and cary not playing 20yrds off the ball i don't give a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by CodyPKA View Post
    i thought i remebered Jim Fassell calling plays from the booth, but i could be wrong
    Yeah, but his transmitter was a fake and he didn't know it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CodyPKA View Post
    Fassell called for a ham and cheese sandwich plus a bottle of diet Coke from the booth... Bc

DeputyDawg Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Fassell called for a ham and cheese sandwich plus a bottle of diet Coke from the booth... Bc
    But all he got was a lot of Baloney.lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    He probably has a better view from upstairs, but he would probably get a better feel for the emotion of the field and the game from the sidelines.
    Dude sees it's November. It's getting cold - remember he worked in New England.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I still would like to know if he communicates directly to the player(s) or to someone on the sideline. Who sits down with the D and talks about schemes, adjustments, etc if he's in the booth?
    Not sure who's putting those calls directly into the players ear on the field for sure. But I imagine it is the coordinator.
    I heard Ladanian Tomlinson on sirius the other day say how the sad sideline tony romo pictures shown on tv were definately edited out of context.
    His contention is that after EVERYy series, players come out, get a drink and look at the pictures with their POSITION coaches. Essentially he said it was the posiiton coacees that do most of the gameday coaching and they are getting heir marching orders from the coordinators and head coach.

That leads me to believe that its probably smart (if you trust your coaches) to let them focus on one task- Game management (Head coach) Play calling (coordinators) and relaying and instructing hands on game adjustments (position coaches)

Blog Entries

Pees will be sending the calls to the LB coach (not monachino,the other one) who will relay them onto the field. He will also have communications with harbs. It doesn't sound like he will be directly communicating with the players.

DeputyDawg Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Pees will be sending the calls to the LB coach (not monachino,the other one) who will relay them onto the field. He will also have communications with harbs. It doesn't sound like he will be directly communicating with the players.
    Nolan never communicated with the players, he sent the plays down to Singletary.