Thread: Blitzing

Blitzing

It seems to me even with blitzing the defense is having a hard time getting to the QB? Is because the LBs on the team are not good blitzers?

2. Re: Blitzing

Ellerbe has shown a lot of ability from the ILB position as a blitzer since he was a rookie. They don't send him much but he's really effective when they do, he comes through the line fast and does a good job of finishing when he has the QB in his sights. McClellan, and McClain on the other hand are pretty useless when it comes to blitzing the QB, they suck at it.
    Last edited by PainServer52; 11-05-2012 at 10:51 PM.

3. Re: Blitzing

There's also no attempt made to disguise the blitz, it's like straight out of the early 80s where you just send guys straight up the middle and bet on the offense not having enough people back there to pick up everyone.

Because offenses haven't evolved and adapted to devise ways of blocking such a basic, obvious, easy to read blitz.
    I mean they've only had about 30 years to do it, and that's clearly not enough time. SMH

When you constantly hear the announcers, commentators and play by play guys saying here comes the Ravens blitz...right before the ball has even been snapped, then that means that the Ravens are probably doing it wrong. It's generally not supposed to be that obvious.

Re: Blitzing

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    There's also no attempt made to disguise the blitz, it's like straight out of the early 80s where you just send guys straight up the middle and bet on the offense not having enough people back there to pick up everyone.

Because offenses haven't evolved and adapted to devise ways of blocking such a basic, obvious, easy to read blitz.
    I mean they've only had about 30 years to do it, and that's clearly not enough time. SMH

When you constantly hear the announcers, commentators and play by play guys saying here comes the Ravens blitz...right before the ball has even been snapped, then that means that the Ravens are probably doing it wrong. It's generally not supposed to be that obvious.
    I agree. There is very little deception in the defensive sets. In sports; when your opponent knows what's coming, they typically adjust and sometimes burn you.