Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: So what exactly has this organization/coaching staff done in order to improve this offense?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    This is a good point.

The Falcons don't look so dumb now for giving up what they did to move up and take Julio Jones.
    Yeah, hind sight its pretty much exactly what they needed to help take Ryan to the next level. I still think their record is better than they are as a team. Couple close calls against teams they shouldnt have had issues with. I have a feeling come playoff time they might end up choking again against a hot team.
    -JAB

Re: So what exactly has this organization/coaching staff done in order to improve this offense?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Mike Smith hasn't won crap, I'll admit, but under achieving isn't his M.O.
    Maybe one of these post-seasons he will prove you right.

Blog Entries

It's yet to be seen how it plays out, but I have to admire the Falcons for the ballsy moves to get Julio Jones, and then after making the playoffs last year they weren't content. Fired and replaced both coordinators. It's risky but so far it sure has paid off. Playoffs will be the real test

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    It's yet to be seen how it plays out, but I have to admire the Falcons for the ballsy moves to get Julio Jones, and then after making the playoffs last year they weren't content. Fired and replaced both coordinators. It's risky but so far it sure has paid off. Playoffs will be the real test
    I didn't know they got rid of the D coordinator. I knew they let the O coordinator go. You're right. Ballsy moves. I don't see them getting past Green Bay, San Fran or Chicago but it's all about matchups. Going to be interesting.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I didn't know they got rid of the D coordinator. I knew they let the O coordinator go. You're right. Ballsy moves. I don't see them getting past Green Bay, San Fran or Chicago but it's all about matchups. Going to be interesting.
    They brought in our old friend Mike Nolan

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Reid has touched the Lombardi. 1997 when he was with the Packers.
    Very, very true. I'll admit it was off the cuff, but 14 years later the experiment is over.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Maybe one of these post-seasons he will prove you right.
    Bet the Falcons win a playoff game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I think it was ballsy to replace the coordinators. Sorry, 5 years of Cam is without excuse. We have no identity or creativity... wait, end arounds....

Bet the Falcons win a playoff game.
    Which year?

Blog Entries

One thing I will say about the Falcons. At least they weren't content to stand pat and float the "at least we made the playoffs" mantra. Even after they secured home field two seasons ago. They got smoked by the eventual champs but they promptly went out that off season and made that deal to get Julio Jones. They may be better this year than they were then. You don't get better by standing still. You either move forward or backward. Like I said earlier, time will tell when they make the playoffs, but so far, so good.

One thing I will say about the Falcons. At least they weren't content to stand pat and float the "at least we made the playoffs" mantra. Even after they secured home field two seasons ago. They got smoked by the eventual champs but they promptly went out that off season and made that deal to get Julio Jones.
    And got promptly smoked by the Giants the next season in the playoffs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Which year?
    This year. At home in the dome, they will win their 1st playoff game.

One thing I will say about the Falcons. At least they weren't content to stand pat and float the "at least we made the playoffs" mantra. Even after they secured home field two seasons ago. They got smoked by the eventual champs but they promptly went out that off season and made that deal to get Julio Jones. They may be better this year than they were then. You don't get better by standing still. You either move forward or backward. Like I said earlier, time will tell when they make the playoffs, but so far, so good.
    My feelings exactly. This team has gotten stale. Hell even the Steelers change shit up from time to time. The only reason we change is because someone leaves us, via free agency, better opportunity, or their contract expires. When was the last time we cut a player over anything but salary, or fired a coaching position because they suck?

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    I agree with you. Cam should go, but he hasn't been given a great hand to play here. The O line is below average and has no depth. And the O line coach is questionable at best. They have, IMHO, over-rated Flacco and have failed to build a team and a system around him.

Our drafting overall has some blemishes lately. Oz/FO have relied too much on Ed/Ray/Haloti/Sizzle, and have failed to draft the next wave of players to move into their places.
    I am not sure that I can agree that Cam was dealt a bad hand. One of my biggest complaints next to Cam's play calling is the Oline coaching. It has been atrocious under Moeller. Players are not progressing and Moeller reports to Cam. The other problem is that Cam's archaic offense puts immense pressure on the oline. His passing plays are slow developing plays. The receives just do not get separation. The league is far too advanced to run an offense that lacks creativity.

This year. At home in the dome, they will win their 1st playoff game.
    Like I said, maybe this post-season they will prove you right.