Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: So what exactly has this organization/coaching staff done in order to improve this offense?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Matt Ryan wouldn't be much better under center here, if anything Flacco is damn tough to live under this regime.
    It was ironic, on Football Night in America, they were interviewing Ryan and Gonzalez, and asked Ryan about the playoffs, and how he was compared to Joe Flacco(flashing up a pic with the subtitle - Five playoff wins) and Roethlisberger(2 superbowl rings).

Re: So what exactly has this organization/coaching staff done in order to improve this offense?

Quote Originally Posted by RavNMadMan View Post
    I think that Ozzie has done a good job fortifying the offense with good-to very good talent. Harbaugh is a good coach but he seems to have this hero worship for Cameron (see Achilles Heel in the dictionary). The coordinator position (hello Camoron) is weak as is the O-line coach. If we miss the playoffs I expect some changes to be mandated from "above" at those positions. I think that Steve Bisciotti is committed to winning although he prefers not to interfere with day-to-day operations of the team.

At this point midseason there aren't many major changes that can be made; you can't fire coaches or the coordinator as that would make changes to the system probable.
    I disagree that we cant fire our OC mid-season.

Jim Caldwell would be able to take over duties just fine. And Im almost certain we would be much better off with him calling the plays or letting Joe take control of the offense.

Because one things for sure, as long as cam is here - Joe will never reach his potential.

Blog Entries

Hey, John Harbaugh has made the playoffs 4 straight years! You can't bitch about any ineptitude because we made the playoffs four straight years. Matter of fact, if you add up making the playoffs four straight years, it equals a Super Bowl right?

In fact, if we just compress the last four years into one, we are the best team in the NFL right?

How dare anyone question John Harbaugh. If the team isn't performing, it must be Ozzie's fault for not drafting better right? Invest in a running game and pretend we are the Packers. Aaron Rodgers will be played by Joe Flacco. Of course we won't be running anything THAT creative, lets go with nostalgia! I know, maybe we can dig up an offense from the 70's and hope no one remembers it!

Even better, we'll keep running the same plays game after game, half after half, year after year. Defenses aren't smart enough to figure that out! Besides, adjustments are SO OVERRATED!
    lol you really seem to dislike Harbaugh.

At the end of the day it is not his fault that our receivers have dropped balls, or that players have made huge fuck ups in clutch moments in the play offs. IMO Harbaugh has done all he could do get this team to the SB, and some of the players that Ozzie bought in failed to come up in the clutch, that's not Harbaughs fault. Yes he has faults, and yes he doesn't jump around screaming "LETS GET A SNACK GUYS AFTER THIS FUCKING GAME" every time the defense gets a sack, he may not be the loudest or energizing guys, but you really don't know what he's like as a coach, you've never trained with the players and with the team day in day out. I will put some blame on him for keeping Cam Cameron all this time, and getting the wrong guys to be the DC (apart from Pagano), but there are many successful coaches that have been stubborn and have done shit like that before.

And it really is laughable that you bring up the fact that Mike Smith comes from the "Billlick tree" and has touched a SB, and Harbaugh coming fro the "Reid tree", as if that has anything to do with who's the better coach lmao, especially when Mike Smith hasn't won a play off game with the Falcons yet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    I disagree that we cant fire our OC mid-season.

Jim Caldwell would be able to take over duties just fine. And Im almost certain we would be much better off with him calling the plays or letting Joe take control of the offense.

Because one things for sure, as long as cam is here - Joe will never reach his potential.
    The only time you can get away with firing your OC mid season is when your defense is the best defensive unit in the history of football.

We are not the 2000 Ravens.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    I'm still glad we have Flacco over Ryan. Until Ryan stops shitting the bed in the playoffs, I really don't have much faith in him.
    I just wish we had the Falcons receivers. Ryan might have the best tandem in the NFL with Roddy White and Julio Jones. The Ravens don't have a receiver on that level.

And a head coach from the Billick tree and has touched a Lombardi. Unlike the Reid tree that hasn't.
    Mike Smith has as many playoff wins as I do.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I just wish we had the Falcons receivers. Ryan might have the best tandem in the NFL with Roddy White and Julio Jones. The Ravens don't have a receiver on that level.
    And that's why the Falcons traded up that far to get Julio Jones, everyone was laughing when they did that, look at how it's paid off now.

Blog Entries

It sure has. The Falcons gambled but all their scouting was dead on. Julio Jones was the impact player that they promised he would be. It's halfway through the season and Jones is on pace for 80 catches, 1300 yards and double digit touchdowns as their #2 receiver. That's worth the extra draft picks. It's tough to know that though in the draft. The Falcons front office did a hell of a job in getting it right.

Blog Entries

Yup, I don't like John Harbaugh as a head coach. Having Cam as our offensive coordinator is damnation enough.

I'm tired of the dropped ball excuse, we should have rolled the Patriots, it never should have come down to that catch. The continued support of the Moeller and the crap job he has done is additional evidence.

Mike Smith hasn't won crap, I'll admit, but under achieving isn't his M.O., where Reid and Harbaugh are going to be perennial, comes up short.

And GOTA, the nailed Julio Jones, that was one of the ballsiest and best moves an FO has ever made.

And a head coach from the Billick tree and has touched a Lombardi. Unlike the Reid tree that hasn't.
    Reid has touched the Lombardi. 1997 when he was with the Packers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Ryan's now got the weapons, got the OC & DC and one of the best teams in the NFL around him.

He's now got no excuses.
    This is a good point.

The Falcons don't look so dumb now for giving up what they did to move up and take Julio Jones.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It sure has. The Falcons gambled but all their scouting was dead on. Julio Jones was the impact player that they promised he would be. It's halfway through the season and Jones is on pace for 80 catches, 1300 yards and double digit touchdowns as their #2 receiver. That's worth the extra draft picks. It's tough to know that though in the draft. The Falcons front office did a hell of a job in getting it right.
    :word

They really did. They've done a nice job on their OL as well.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.