Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

So what exactly has this organization/coaching staff done in order to improve this offense?

Our offense has been the same story for about 3-4 years now.

Joe Flacco will be good one game, horrible the next.

Ray Rice will be completely under-utilized throughout random games of the year.

Our offense cant make adjustments.

Our offense has zero creativity.

Even with the countless receivers weve had, we still cant find one to consistently beat press coverage.

Our offensive line is crap.

Our offense has "communication issues......" 5 years down the road....

So what exactly have they done to improve our offense? They sign Anquan Boldin and try to use him like hes freaking calvin johnson or aj green.

They sign vonta leach only to have him under-used.

They sign washed up veterans for offense.. outside of vonta leach and aquan.

This isnt meant to be an attack, but an honest question - what have we done to make our offense better?

Year in and year out, nothing changes. Same old story, different year.

My conclusion? Complete fault of the coaching staff.

Blog Entries
    Read the Inside the Streak thread below for a different perspective

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Re: So what exactly has this organization/coaching staff done in order to improve this offense?

I think the executive-FO has done pretty well drafting and resigning good, young talent.
    Grubbs got away, but no team should ever pay $60M to their offensive guards IMO.
    The Boldin trade was a very positive move, though not quite as beneficial as originally thought/hoped.
    Dickson was a significant miss not by just looking at his raw performance, but b/c Jimmy Graham and Aaron Hernandez were both still on the board when we took Dickson.

I can't fault the personnel moves too much at all b/c other than what StevieB was ready to offer ATL to get Matt Ryan, I'm not sure what deals/trades we've tried to do, but could not find a partner for.

I've consistently pointed the finger at Cammie for our offensive struggles, until this year whereas I'm putting our OL woes on Ozzie's shoulders...granted we've had to absorb numerous injuries and drama with the unit, which hasn't helped at all.

Re: So what exactly has this organization/coaching staff done in order to improve this offense?

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I think the executive-FO has done pretty well drafting and resigning good, young talent.
    Grubbs got away, but no team should ever pay $60M to their offensive guards IMO.
    The Boldin trade was a very positive move, though not quite as beneficial as originally thought/hoped.
    Dickson was a significant miss not by just looking at his raw performance, but b/c Jimmy Graham and Aaron Hernandez were both still on the board when we took Dickson.

I can't fault the personnel moves too much at all b/c other than what StevieB was ready to offer ATL to get Matt Ryan, I'm not sure what deals/trades we've tried to do, but could not find a partner for.

I've consistently pointed the finger at Cammie for our offensive struggles, until this year whereas I'm putting our OL woes on Ozzie's shoulders...granted we've had to absorb numerous injuries and drama with the unit, which hasn't helped at all.
    I agree with you. Cam should go, but he hasn't been given a great hand to play here. The O line is below average and has no depth. And the O line coach is questionable at best. They have, IMHO, over-rated Flacco and have failed to build a team and a system around him.

Our drafting overall has some blemishes lately. Oz/FO have relied too much on Ed/Ray/Haloti/Sizzle, and have failed to draft the next wave of players to move into their places.

Blog Entries

Overcoming late fourth quarter deficits. Going into Pittsburgh and coming back to beat them late in the fourth quarter to clinch a sweep. There has been some improvement from what the offense was. I will say that much.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Hey, John Harbaugh has made the playoffs 4 straight years! You can't bitch about any ineptitude because we made the playoffs four straight years. Matter of fact, if you add up making the playoffs four straight years, it equals a Super Bowl right?

In fact, if we just compress the last four years into one, we are the best team in the NFL right?

How dare anyone question John Harbaugh. If the team isn't performing, it must be Ozzie's fault for not drafting better right? Invest in a running game and pretend we are the Packers. Aaron Rodgers will be played by Joe Flacco. Of course we won't be running anything THAT creative, lets go with nostalgia! I know, maybe we can dig up an offense from the 70's and hope no one remembers it!

Even better, we'll keep running the same plays game after game, half after half, year after year. Defenses aren't smart enough to figure that out! Besides, adjustments are SO OVERRATED!

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I'm still glad we have Flacco over Ryan. Until Ryan stops shitting the bed in the playoffs, I really don't have much faith in him.

Blog Entries

Matt Ryan wouldn't be much better under center here, if anything Flacco is damn tough to live under this regime.

9. Re: So what exactly has this organization/coaching staff done in order to improve this offense?

Ryan's now got the weapons, got the OC & DC and one of the best teams in the NFL around him.

He's now got no excuses.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Ryan's now got the weapons, got the OC & DC and one of the best teams in the NFL around him.

He's now got no excuses.
    And a head coach from the Billick tree and has touched a Lombardi. Unlike the Reid tree that hasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    I'm still glad we have Flacco over Ryan. Until Ryan stops shitting the bed in the playoffs, I really don't have much faith in him.
    I recall people saying similar things about Peyton Manning earlier in his career.

Most likely the same people that thought Kyle Boller was a wonderful QB.

I think that Ozzie has done a good job fortifying the offense with good-to very good talent. Harbaugh is a good coach but he seems to have this hero worship for Cameron (see Achilles Heel in the dictionary). The coordinator position (hello Camoron) is weak as is the O-line coach. If we miss the playoffs I expect some changes to be mandated from "above" at those positions. I think that Steve Bisciotti is committed to winning although he prefers not to interfere with day-to-day operations of the team.

At this point midseason there aren't many major changes that can be made; you can't fire coaches or the coordinator as that would make changes to the system probable.