Inside The Streak

With our 30-24 victory over NO on December 19th, 2010 through our October 14th, 2012 win over DAL, we’ve won 14 straight games at home…best active streak in the league. That covers the last two home games in 2010, all eight, of course in 2011, and all four to-date in 2012.

Our opponents overall winning percentage during the streak (discounting opening day 2011 and 2012): .416
    Margin of victory vs. all 14 opponents: 10.2

During the streak, only three opponents have come into the contest two or more games above .500: NO (10-3 in 2010…we were 9-4), CIN (6-3 in 2011…we were 6-3) and SF (9-1 in 2011…we were 7-3). Margin of victory: 7.6

Five opponents have come into our house two or more games below .500: CIN (4-11 in 2010), ARZ (1-5 in 2011), IND (0-12 in 2011), CLE (4-10 in 2011) and CLE (0-3 in 2012). Margin of victory: 7.2

#5’s passing numbers during the streak…
    at home for 2010: 297 yards, 66%, 2 TD, 1 INT, 91.5 rating
    at home for 2011: 1818 yards, 57.8%, 10 TD, 6 INT, 84.0 rating
    at home for 2012: 1271 yards, 67.1%, 7 TDs, 2 INTs, 106.6 rating

Those are pretty good numbers for Joe, but that was when our defense was handling its business. I'm not sure how OAK will play, but PIT, DEN and NYG will certainly be tough foes, and each team will be by record, or on paper, just as good, if not better than us. Accounting for our defense's certain struggles to come as they try to contain three SB winning QBs, I think that if we are to extend our streak through 2012 then it’s going to have to be all on #5's shoulders.

What about #27, you ask? Certianly we all hope that Ray gets his 20-some odd carries and of course, he will be a key to any victory; but his yards per carry numbers at home during the streak are a bit out of whack from where you'd think they'd be.

Despite the struggles @ TEN, JAC and SEA that we all vividly remember, across all eight 2011 road games, Ray averaged 5.8 YPC (thanks to monster games @ CLE and CIN), but only 3.9 YPC over eight wins at home. And this year, despite being forgotten late @ PHI and forgotten early @HOU, Ray is pulling 5.1 YPC on the road vs. 4.4 YPC here at home.

No point or argument to make here...just felt like peeking under the hood a bit.

Blog Entries
    Wow, very eye opening. Nice work

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries
    Joe has been very good at home this year. Frustrating that he hasn't taken it on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Re: Inside The Streak

Still can't get over Rice averaging almost 2 more YPC on the road vs at home

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Nice stats but nothing eye opening here. A poster in another thread a few weeks back did some research that clearly showed that Joe had the largest differential in terms of QBR, road vs home of all active QBs since 2008. Nothing like home cooking but just wishing we could just see more consistency on the road from Joe and this offense.

I wish there was some metric to gauge our OL's performance home vs. away.... I'm convinced they are more Jeckyll and Hyde than Joe's stats are. There's gotta be a way to measure the time between the snap and when defender/s are in the QB's comfort area. Sure it'll be somewhat subjective, but so are tackles. I contend our OL provides Joe an average of 0.5-1sec extra time with a comfortable pocket at home over the road.