Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cary Williams, the worst corner back to ever lead the AFC in picks??

I could make an argument for that.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Blog Entries
    Ha, I saw that on the crawler during per game tonight. Wow

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Re: Cary Williams, the worst corner back to ever lead the AFC in picks??

I lol'd at this. Not b/c I think it's ridiculous, but b/c all day I've been thinking about the odd streaks, records or stats that our guys or the entire team has or has had.

This one is like the complete inverse of Ed Reed coming off of PUP and leading the league in INTs. :respect

i think couple of those picks were throw right at him, he had no choice but to catch it.

Blog Entries

Unequivocally, yes.

Well to be fair atleast he is sucking and getting picks, as opposed to Jimmy "The next Nnamdi" Smith sucking and getting 0 picks... smh I really hope we turn this defence around, good pass offences will make us look really really bad.

But Jimmy is still relatively young. i think he can still turn into his potential.

Blog Entries

I just wonder if they are not using those two to their strengths. During one game, Jimmy could be heard pleading with the coach (I don't know which one - maybe his position coach) to allow him to play press coverage. At this point, what could it hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I just wonder if they are not using those two to their strengths. During one game, Jimmy could be heard pleading with the coach (I don't know which one - maybe his position coach) to allow him to play press coverage. At this point, what could it hurt?
    I was just talking about that with a friend of mine earlier.. You have 2 6'1+ corners, and they never press.. how is that possible. We should be manhandling Receivers, they just aren't doing any press coverage. I look at Seattle, with their twin towers at corner. They are probably the two best in the league, all they do up there is press. That secondary is a nightmare. I really wish we would do some of that.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenray View Post
    i think couple of those picks were throw right at him, he had no choice but to catch it.
    whatever you say, that pick helped stall a drive.

10. Re: Cary Williams, the worst corner back to ever lead the AFC in picks??

I'm not posting here to throw dirt on his name, I think Cary Williams is alright. Definitely the best corner on the team since Webb went down and he's much, much better than Jimmy Smith. These last few picks he came up with were huge when he got them, so I'm not gonna hate on the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    I was just talking about that with a friend of mine earlier.. You have 2 6'1+ corners, and they never press.. how is that possible. We should be manhandling Receivers, they just aren't doing any press coverage. I look at Seattle, with their twin towers at corner. They are probably the two best in the league, all they do up there is press. That secondary is a nightmare. I really wish we would do some of that.
    i think everyone does.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    whatever you say, that pick helped stall a drive.
    the pick in clev was on 3rd and long if he didnt get the int they would have been punting