Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Cam Cameron wasn't all bad yesterday

The wife sat down and watched part of the 2nd half with me Sunday just as the announcer mentioned the Ravens' offense had completely stalled and hadn't gotten a first down for several consecutive possessions. She immediately said, "I guess Cam Cameron is still calling the plays, huh?"

Yes, the Pierce TD earlier in the game was a good call and well executed. But as the linked analysis says, it was helped by the CLE defenders taking a bad angle or two. So feel free to give Cam a dose of credit. A very small dose. Rightly or wrongly, those seemingly endless three-and-outs stick in my mind more than Pierce's touchdown.

That should go in the Ravens corporate prospectus:

"Offensive Coordinator - Cam Cameron - he isn't all bad"

That's going to strike fear in the heart of the opposition/

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    That should go in the Ravens corporate prospectus:

"Offensive Coordinator - Cam Cameron - he isn't all bad"

That's going to strike fear in the heart of the opposition/
    :grbac:
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

DeputyDawg Guest

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    OK, it is NOT Cam.

Then who?

The offense has VERY serious problems. I assume we can agree on that?

Did Oz choose the wrong players? (A case could made that he has made some poor picks for the D. . . . ) No? OK, then . . .

Were the right players drafted/signed but not effectively coached? In that case, Cam is at fault, because the offensive "buck" stops at his desk.

Do we have players with NFL skill sets, but players being forced to play in a system that's wrong for that skill set? If so . . . Cam is at fault.

Either Oz/FO chose the wrong players, OR
    Good players were chosen, but badly coached/motivated, OR
    Good round pegs are being forced to try to fit in square holes.

I hope I'm missing something.
    You are HR, 4 straight playoff appearances, 2 AFCCG's, a total division sweep last yr and 2nd seed in playoffs.
    1 dropped pass from the SB, and last time I checked that wasn't Cam but Evans who dropped it.
    He is very capable and if that doesn't convince you, then tell me who we could get to top that.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

rh--
    I think you know I'm not a blind Cameron supporter, but neither am I a "pee on everything he does" fan either. I understand what you are saying in the response to Tony's comments, but consider that you probably coulda said the same kinda thing about Trent Dilfer in the Ravens pre-2000 season corporate prospectus.

Like I've said before, I think there are legitimate issues with Cameron's efforts over the years, but I also think that there are other issues that exacerbate Cameron's status. IMHO, the jury may still need additional information before rendering a "Yer outta here!" verdict on Cameron.

"It just so happens that your friend here is only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    "It just so happens that your friend here is only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive."
    So if Cam gets fired at the end of the season, who goes through his pockets looking for spare change?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Hopefully the Ravens can find Miracle Max before the Pittsburgh game.

Blog Entries

I heard one of the Giants players yesterday talking about how they react after they've had 5 or 6 consecutive 3 and outs.

But I thought it was just Cam?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    rh--
    I think you know I'm not a blind Cameron supporter, but neither am I a "pee on everything he does" fan either. I understand what you are saying in the response to Tony's comments, but consider that you probably coulda said the same kinda thing about Trent Dilfer in the Ravens pre-2000 season corporate prospectus.

Like I've said before, I think there are legitimate issues with Cameron's efforts over the years, but I also think that there are other issues that exacerbate Cameron's status. IMHO, the jury may still need additional information before rendering a "Yer outta here!" verdict on Cameron.
    Beau, I think the issue that exacerbates Cameron's status the most is that he is insane.
    Oh, and he cannot learn.
    Oh, and he cannot adapt.
    Oh, and he is stuck in the 60s...that's all...

Now...go run 10 fly patterns, then 5 down and outs, then 10 more fly patterns, and then ask for forgiveness from the god almighty!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    Beau, I think the issue that exacerbates Cameron's status the most is that he is insane.
    Oh, and he cannot learn.
    Oh, and he cannot adapt.
    Oh, and he is stuck in the 60s...that's all...

Now...go run 10 fly patterns, then 5 down and outs, then 10 more fly patterns, and then ask for forgiveness from the god almighty!
    Wrong. 1974, get it right.