Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cam Cameron wasn't all bad yesterday

It wasn't ALL bad for Cam yesterday.

Here your proof >>> LINK

Excellent breakdown!
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: Cam Cameron wasn't all bad yesterday

That's not what the armchair coaches want to hear, you'll break their train of thought.LOL

Blog Entries
    It can't possibly be the players!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    That's not what the armchair coaches want to hear, you'll break their train of thought.LOL
    please, just stop.

Everyone and their mother knows that cam cameron is the problem with this offense.

Blog Entries

That was a good play selection by Cam. I actually was shocked when they didn't hand it to Leach and instead flipped it out to Pierce. Doesn't excuse his play calling the rest of the game.

OK, it is NOT Cam.

Then who?

The offense has VERY serious problems. I assume we can agree on that?

Did Oz choose the wrong players? (A case could made that he has made some poor picks for the D. . . . ) No? OK, then . . .

Were the right players drafted/signed but not effectively coached? In that case, Cam is at fault, because the offensive "buck" stops at his desk.

Do we have players with NFL skill sets, but players being forced to play in a system that's wrong for that skill set? If so . . . Cam is at fault.

Either Oz/FO chose the wrong players, OR
    Good players were chosen, but badly coached/motivated, OR
    Good round pegs are being forced to try to fit in square holes.

I hope I'm missing something.

7. Re: Cam Cameron wasn't all bad yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    What we armchair coaches want is to see adjustments made before the offense goes 3-and-out SIX TIMES IN A ROW.

Or do you really think that with as much talent as we have on offense with Ray Rice, Bernard Pierce, Vonta Leach, Torrey Smith, Anquan Boldin, Jacoby Jones, Dennis Pitta & Joe Flacco that when we go 3-and-out SIX TIMES IN A ROW that it has nothing to do with a lack of adjustments? Do you really think that's all on the players? Or even mostly their fault?

The only time this offense is decent is when we catch the other team by surprise by doing something they didn't expect and thus couldn't prepare and plan against.

And that is primarily the fault of our coaching, not our players.

I guess we could fire all the players because they don't execute Cameron's game plan effectively.

/sarcasm/

http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/201...pt-to-the-game

The play-calling needs to keep what is working for the first 15 minutes of the game for the final 45 minutes and not go into that protective shell. At times, it seems like the game-plan is scripted and there is no thought to adjusting or adapting to the current situations.

When Baltimore was moving the ball in the game's first 20 minutes yesterday, they were running wide and throwing the ball down the middle of the field. Inexplicably, they changed to running it up the middle for no gains and throwing into the flat along the sideline for limited success.
    Looks like somene saw what I saw.

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Ignoring whether it's Cam's fault, Joe's fault, other coaching errors, poor talent selection etc...

I think it all boils down to one aspect - getting the O to boil when the cold taps are on. Yes, if the Browns TD went in after they had a mental lapse was a lucky gift. However, if the Ravens O had kept on the pedal, that would've been a blowout. Really simple. They scored 25 points even though they shut down for half the game.

If that's solved, the O will be absolutely fine. Yeah, there'll be the odd thing - O line's still not fantastic, Dickson's routine drops, etc - but getting an actual 4 quarters would solve many issues. Cam and Joe have to figure out a way to do that. Perhaps it's just simple as when the momentum goes, claw your way out with possession routes. Get a couple of quick completed passes to smooth things over, instead of trying to jailbreak with a big play everytime. Adjustments have to be quicker - yes, the other team gets paid too, but it took a long time to adjust to Cleveland's tactic on stopping the run.

Joe does get rattled - I think he admitted as much on 1 Winning Drive where he couldn't see the sticks after a couple of hits (as long as that's rattled and not concussed), but he doesn't seem to have a release valve like perhaps he did in previous years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrian View Post
    Joe does get rattled - I think he admitted as much on 1 Winning Drive where he couldn't see the sticks after a couple of hits (as long as that's rattled and not concussed), but he doesn't seem to have a release valve like perhaps he did in previous years.
    Regarding this issue in particular, I have seen defenses spying Ray Rice essentially every passing down at this point. One of the Texans players admitted as much in their postgame presser a few weeks back. On 90% of passing downs, Ray Rice's assignment is very simple: stay in to block, if no blitzers come, leak out to the flat and wait for the dumpoff. When you do the same thing every play it becomes VERY easy to defend.

When the Ravens play "smash mouth," (or run-run-pass-punt as it should more accurately be called) all the other teams needs is a few quick adjustments and they win every snap. Spy Ray Rice with a safety or quick LB every down and you take him away as an effective target but that SHOULD open things up in the middle of the field, but this offense doesn't call the horizontal routes you need to get a TE or WR open in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    please, just stop.

Everyone and their mother knows that cam cameron is the problem with this offense.
    I think the headline here reads: "Cam Cameron wasn't all bad yesterday".

This isn't an endorsement of Cam as an OC...just an observation that he wasn't all bad and the link above proves that. That's all...nothing more or less.

But since this is Election Day, if given the choice below, I might take the kid.

vote.jpg
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi