Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Preview: Ravens vs. Steelers Matchups on SNF

Quote Originally Posted by DkBlue View Post
    Interesting side note to this game. Ben has said he would be at the birth of his child. The due date co-incides with this game. Reported today in the Post Gazette.
    I think Ben finds a way to either delay or move up the birth of his child. No way he misses this game.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I think Ben finds a way to either delay or move up the birth of his child. No way he misses this game.

I would think he would do anything possible.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    This thread followed an all too familiar pattern:
    1) Fan expresses concern about upcoming game, citing some areas for concern
    2) Other fans agree there is cause for concern, often providing supporting evidence
    3) Thought police dispute fans' right to point out team's flaws. Suggest that those who are not 100% positive are not real fans.

IMHO, a true fan cares enough about his team to see its strengths AND weaknesses. IMHO, a true fan worries about his team, does not takes success for granted, has the analytical ability to see the entire team and is willing to discuss it. Some of you imply that those who are not "cheerleaders" should not watch the games. It's just as logical that those of who can not discuss the good and the bad shouldn't watch either -- after all, success is guaranteed, right?

BTW: Yes, games ARE played one at a time, but the playofs are awarded to the team's total record. You might just CONSIDER the POSSIBILITY that a team's performance in a number of games MIGHT act as a predictor as to its performance in future games. Too complicated? Try this: if you barely beat a poor team, there MIGHT be reason to worry about how you'll do against a much better team. Just my very humble opinion, natch.
    While you have a point most of us are taking into consideration the OP and the posters that agree that all is lost.

While it would be great to have a fact based debate these posters basically are all doom and gloom and really are trolls intended to get a rise out of the fan base. If you read most of their posts its lukewarm towards the Ravens at best with a lot of questioning and negativity. Case in point I wrote a post in 2005 wherein I stated that the Ravens needed to move away from the defense first, second and third mentality and become more balanced or else they weren't going to win anything going forward. While it was critical of the formula that had won them a SB I really had their best interest at heart and wanted them to win. That was an example of constructive criticism mixed in with my positive feelings towards the team. That's balance and that's an example of fandom not the vitrol that's spewed from some of these posers.

Posters like Gota, Shas, Alien, Luke, HKusp and many others will tell it like it is whether its good or bad but they are clearly in support of the team.

Posers like the OP are not imo.

They'll induce the birth and then he'll throw for 6 TD's.

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
    the steelers don;t have any running game
    Uhh, where have you been the last three weeks? The Steelers have been a top five running team the last three weeks. That more than anything bodes ill for the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    They'll induce the birth and then he'll throw for 6 interceptions returned for TD's.
    Man, you'll need to get out the oxygen mask for Ed. He'll be shattered after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Try this: if the opponent LOSES to poor teams (OAK, TEN), there MIGHT be a reason for them to worry as well against a much better team. Just my very humble opinion.
    But they looked pretty in those losses and we looked ugly in our wins. Or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    While you have a point most of us are taking into consideration the OP and the posters that agree that all is lost.
    Based on the matchups at hand, I believe (although I hope I am wrong) that the Ravens don't match up well in Pittsburgh or here at home - hell, the Browns almost beat us at home! Our collective D is very suspect at the moment, and I don't feel will be able to contain Ben, and their renewed running attack; our O should put up some points, but Pitt's D is looking pretty good right now; and our ST, I don't feel have the breakaway threat(s) that the Steelers do. Putting this all together, at least on paper, I am not very confident of a W in Pittsburgh on SNF. Just trying to be objective here, and would like other's opinions regarding said matchups.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrian View Post
    Man, you'll need to get out the oxygen mask for Ed. He'll be shattered after that.
    Not if he laterals the ball:)

Probably have the child born on the bench, that way the kid gets to see dad at work. Don't be surprised if you see a surgical unit on the sidelines with a pregnant woman. LOL He'll get to hold the baby while the defense is on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Based on the matchups at hand, I believe (although I hope I am wrong) that the Ravens don't match up well in Pittsburgh or here at home - hell, the Browns almost beat us at home! Our collective D is very suspect at the moment, and I don't feel will be able to contain Ben, and their renewed running attack; our O should put up some points, but Pitt's D is looking pretty good right now; and our ST, I don't feel have the breakaway threat(s) that the Steelers do. Putting this all together, at least on paper, I am not very confident of a W in Pittsburgh on SNF. Just trying to be objective here, and would like other's opinions regarding said matchups.
    The reason why the Browns played the Ravens tough is because they know them so well. Last year the Ravens were supposed to get destroyed in the rematch with the Steelers because they had just beaten the Pats and the Ravens had to mount a huge comeback to beat the lowly Cardinals. Pundits predicted that since week 1 the Steelers had become the better team because Ben was playing lights out along with the world's best defense while little Joe Flacco and an aging defense could not stand up to the world's team.

We know how that game turned out.

Blog Entries

Can we focus on Oakland first? The last thing we need is to get caught with our pants down looking ahead to Pitt. We'll have plenty of time to worry about the Steelers, we play them twice in 3 weeks. Let's focus on kicking Oakland's ass and earning some style points for the BCS.