Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Preview: Ravens vs. Steelers Matchups on SNF

Yes we should just forget about playing the Raiders, and throw in the towel that early for the Steelers games.

This thread followed an all too familiar pattern:
    1) Fan expresses concern about upcoming game, citing some areas for concern
    2) Other fans agree there is cause for concern, often providing supporting evidence
    3) Thought police dispute fans' right to point out team's flaws. Suggest that those who are not 100% positive are not real fans.

IMHO, a true fan cares enough about his team to see its strengths AND weaknesses. IMHO, a true fan worries about his team, does not takes success for granted, has the analytical ability to see the entire team and is willing to discuss it. Some of you imply that those who are not "cheerleaders" should not watch the games. It's just as logical that those of who can not discuss the good and the bad shouldn't watch either -- after all, success is guaranteed, right?

BTW: Yes, games ARE played one at a time, but the playofs are awarded to the team's total record. You might just CONSIDER the POSSIBILITY that a team's performance in a number of games MIGHT act as a predictor as to its performance in future games. Too complicated? Try this: if you barely beat a poor team, there MIGHT be reason to worry about how you'll do against a much better team. Just my very humble opinion, natch.

Blog Entries

I think the Giants game isn't indicative of how good the Stoolers are. They are a good team but the Giants have up on the run too quickly and that played into the Stoolers hands IMO.

I think we'll beat Oakland.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Shouldn't this be a raiders thread? Nothing Erks me more than overlooking certain teams. Do you think the ravens are preparing for the steeler or raiders right now? I'll wait. The ravens are 6-2 and are doing something they didn't do last year beat the teams they should. So I'll focus on the raiders this weeks and if McFadden is going to play.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    This thread followed an all too familiar pattern:
    1) Fan expresses concern about upcoming game, citing some areas for concern
    2) Other fans agree there is cause for concern, often providing supporting evidence
    3) Thought police dispute fans' right to point out team's flaws. Suggest that those who are not 100% positive are not real fans.

IMHO, a true fan cares enough about his team to see its strengths AND weaknesses. IMHO, a true fan worries about his team, does not takes success for granted, has the analytical ability to see the entire team and is willing to discuss it. Some of you imply that those who are not "cheerleaders" should not watch the games. It's just as logical that those of who can not discuss the good and the bad shouldn't watch either -- after all, success is guaranteed, right?

BTW: Yes, games ARE played one at a time, but the playofs are awarded to the team's total record. You might just CONSIDER the POSSIBILITY that a team's performance in a number of games MIGHT act as a predictor as to its performance in future games. Too complicated? Try this: if you barely beat a poor team, there MIGHT be reason to worry about how you'll do against a much better team. Just my very humble opinion, natch.
    Thought police. How cute.

Your fallacy is that negative posts are rational and objective just because people aren't being homers. Couldn't be further from the truth. It goes SO much far beyond "citing some areas for concern" it's not even funny.

Let's put it this way in the context of your post: there are quite a few people here who don't look at the strengths, and only harp on the weaknesses. They deserve to be ridiculed.

7. Re: Preview: Ravens vs. Steelers Matchups on SNF

I'm not sure why people want the only topic of discussion to be the Raiders; the outcome of the games can't be decided by what's posted on a message board. Posters don't need to "focus" on any given game.

On topic, reading many of the posts around here gives me the impression that we're already chasing Pittsburgh for the division. That's not the case for a reason, and I definitely see a split of the season series against the Steelers, both close games.

Quote Originally Posted by Omar's Comin View Post
    I'm not sure why people want the only topic of discussion to be the Raiders; the outcome of the games can't be decided by what's posted on a message board. Posters don't need to "focus" on any given game.

On topic, reading many of the posts around here gives me the impression that we're already chasing Pittsburgh for the division. That's not the case for a reason, and I definitely see a split of the season series against the Steelers, both close games.
    This and more this. Fans can't overlook anything, we could talk about our starting line up for nexts years Super Bowl if we want.

We talk about the draft and free agency so why not a game 2 weeks away?

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    This and more this. Fans can't overlook anything, we could talk about our starting line up for nexts years Super Bowl if we want.

We talk about the draft and free agency so why not a game 2 weeks away?
    The purpose of this thread was to discuss IFFFF both the Ravens and Stillers take care of business against their respective teams - "I know we have several more weeks to go before we face-off with the Stillers for First place in the AFCN, assuming, of course, both teams take care of business first" - then what say u regarding the respective matchups between the two teams, that's all?
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Interesting side note to this game. Ben has said he would be at the birth of his child. The due date co-incides with this game. Reported today in the Post Gazette.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DkBlue View Post
    Interesting side note to this game. Ben has said he would be at the birth of his child. The due date co-incides with this game. Reported today in the Post Gazette.
    LOL now THAT would be a story. I bet Tomlin slips the doctor a fin to induce labor early ;)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Try this: if you barely beat a poor team, there MIGHT be reason to worry about how you'll do against a much better team. Just my very humble opinion, natch.
    Try this: if the opponent LOSES to poor teams (OAK, TEN), there MIGHT be a reason for them to worry as well against a much better team. Just my very humble opinion.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"