Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Preview: Ravens vs. Steelers Matchups on SNF

I know we have several more weeks to go before we face-off with the Stillers for First place in the AFCN, assuming, of course, both teams take care of business first. In years past, I was extremely confident we could take care of business in the big Ketchup bowl primarily because our D would stop their run and pose just enough of a pass rush to get to Ben; however, this year, that will not be the case, imho.

Basic matchups include: Our O vs. Pitt D; Our D vs. Pitt O; Our ST vs. Pitt ST. Given are inability to stifle the run this year, and Ben's excellent 3'rd down conversion rate, coupled with our nonexistent pass rush, I suspect our D will be on the field for a long time that night, which does not bode well for our men in purple and black. In fact, I don't things will change when they come to our house either. Imo, Pitt wins the last two aforementioned matchups, and our O vs. Pitt D is awash, with Pitt coming out the victor in both contests.

What say U?!?!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Re: Preview: Ravens vs. Steelers Matchups on SNF

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    I know we have several more weeks to go before we face-off with the Stillers for First place in the AFCN, assuming, of course, both teams take care of business first. In years past, I was extremely confident we could take care of business in the big Ketchup bowl primarily because our D would stop their run and pose just enough of a pass rush to get to Ben; however, this year, that will not be the case, imho.

Basic matchups include: Our O vs. Pitt D; Our D vs. Pitt O; Our ST vs. Pitt ST. Given are inability to stifle the run this year, and Ben's excellent 3'rd down conversion rate, coupled with our nonexistent pass rush, I suspect our D will be on the field for a long time that night, which does not bode well for our men in purple and black. In fact, I don't things will change when they come to our house either. Imo, Pitt wins the last two aforementioned matchups, and our O vs. Pitt D is awash, with Pitt coming out the victor in both contests.

What say U?!?!
    With our defense and inconsistency on offense, I don't see either game being close. Flacco will have to have a monster game and even that may not be enough. Brown, Wallace, and now Cotchery are going to eat our secondary up.

What was the score of the Ravens-Oakland game again?

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Purely hypothetical at this point my friend - "I know we have several more weeks to go before we face-off with the Stillers for First place in the AFCN, assuming, of course, both teams take care of business first.."
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

On offense, run Ray Rice up the middle on first and second down, throw incomplete on third and then punt. Do not waiver from this script.
    On defense have the line get in position early in the play so the QB can see the scheme, have the DBs play 15 or 20 yards off the receiver.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    With our defense and inconsistency on offense, I don't see either game being close. Flacco will have to have a monster game and even that may not be enough. Brown, Wallace, and now Cotchery are going to eat our secondary up.
    as much as i hate to say it i have to agree with you. rothelesberger may be a rapist but he's also a flat out playmaker and winner. i can't believe wallace out ran the whole giants secondary on a crossing route. the steelers don;t have any running game, they drop half of their passes and they still win the game.

a lot of people blame flacco but our receivers get zero seperation. i don't know why but they don't.

With our defense and inconsistency on offense, I don't see either game being close.
    Really?

How many times have the Ravens been blown out by the Steelers in the Harbaugh era?

There's only been one blowout in 9 total games, and the Ravens were on the plus end of that. Even when the Steelers had the small edge in talent, they were extremely tight contests. I don't think the 2012 Steelers, even when healthy (which they aren't) have even the smallest edge on the Ravens in talent.

In fact, if I remember correctly, in the last 8 games, the game has been decided in the final drive with 5 games decided by a score inside the final 3 minutes. There is no reason to think that the game in Pittsburgh in a couple weeks will be any different.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Really?

How many times have the Ravens been blown out by the Steelers in the Harbaugh era?

There's only been one blowout in 9 total games, and the Ravens were on the plus end of that. Even when the Steelers had the small edge in talent, they were extremely tight contests. I don't think the 2012 Steelers, even when healthy (which they aren't) have even the smallest edge on the Ravens in talent.

In fact, if I remember correctly, in the last 8 games, the game has been decided in the final drive with 5 games decided by a score inside the final 3 minutes. There is no reason to think that the game in Pittsburgh in a couple weeks will be any different.
    Well, we used to have a pretty good defense that would keep us in games. Now, we are a bottom-tier defense that they may tear right through. I have zero confidence in us getting any pressure on Big Ben and our corners can't cover their receivers. If we are to win either of those games, we'll probably have to score in the 30's. To make matters worse, now their defense is starting to look a lot better. They also have a tremendous edge in coaching, especially with the coordinators.

Well, to quote Dennis Green, why not just crown them? Sheesh.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    0 - 0 tie so far... Bc

Well, we used to have a pretty good defense that would keep us in games. Now, we are a bottom-tier defense that they may tear right through. I have zero confidence in us getting any pressure on Big Ben and our corners can't cover their receivers. If we are to win either of those games, we'll probably have to score in the 30's. To make matters worse, now their defense is starting to look a lot better. They also have a tremendous edge in coaching, especially with the coordinators.
    Pretty good defense. That right there shows that you are a Steeler fan.

As for others already throwing in the towel please just stop watching. It can't be worth it.

I have never seen fans (some of them) and the media trash a team that was 6-2 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post

What say U?!?!
    Thanks for making me laugh. You and steellover are hilarious with your predictions based on the steeler winning because the giants threw in the towel. Giants manhandled the steelers for 3 quarters yesterday and the giants ran out of gas. They settled for fieldgoals is what killed them. I'll wait for the games to be played, hope you two dissappear for a while if your predictions and man love for the steelers prove wrong. Give it abreak, the Ravens have always played the steelers tough, just look at what happened last year. To come out and say the Ravens get beat badly is you dreaming and hoping for it. Wake up, the steelers lost to the raiders and titans, nothing good about that.The Ravens lost to two good teams and one was close. The other was a defense finding itself and Flacco always plays bad on the road.That game was like the chargers game last year.