Ravens Media - TV Market

Im sure that this has been a topic on this board before (many many times)...
    Someone please explain to me -

If both the Ravens and Redskins are playing at the same time, Why doesnt Baltimore have access to Redskin games and parts of DC - Northern VA does not have access to Ravens games...

They "may" show both if one is playing at 1pm and the other is playing at 4pm...

Someone is another state has the ability to watch both games on regular cable tv without having to pay extra for the direct tv package.

Whats the rule? or geographic boundary?

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Re: Ravens Media - TV Market

Don't know the "rules" exactly, but if you snoop around with google, look for something on how the networks and the league have contracted to carry games, including inter- and intra-conference games. There are contractual limits on who can show what, and when, and depending upon who's playing.

I have a big old school antenna on top of my house so I get both DC and Baltimore broadcast stations. Hell, DC's Fox station comes in better than Baltimore's despite the fact I live on the city line and I used that to watch the Steeler'sSkins game last week. Of course, I really have no need to watch DC stations unless it's for a chance to watch the squealers lose.

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    I have a big old school antenna on top of my house so I get both DC and Baltimore broadcast stations. Hell, DC's Fox station comes in better than Baltimore's despite the fact I live on the city line and I used that to watch the Steeler'sSkins game last week. Of course, I really have no need to watch DC stations unless it's for a chance to watch the squealers lose.
    I thought the "big old school antennas on the top of the house" no longer worked? My parents still have one and theirs won't pick up anything.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    that may work...
    I have an Digital antenna in case the cable goes out.
    or if I have football parties and want to place the tv's in places without cable cord access.
    Going off grid actually has better HD and other cable channels.

I like to watch other games...
    and keep up with my friends fantasy football picks. so if its a boring game I may want to switch to see the skins and RGIII.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but I've got DirecTV which gives me Baltimore local channels (2, 11, 13, 45, 54, plus MPT which I never watch). Yesterday the Ravens were on 13, while the Redskins were on 45 at the same time. I had my choice of what to watch. So you can watch either or.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

i'm in NOVA and the games at the same time have been on both stations. a couple of years ago they didn;t show the teams at the same time and i had to find a bar to watch the ravens games. i like to think thye are showing teh ravens games more due to fan interest versus NFL geograpic rules but i doubt that's the case.

Both games were on here in NOVA. Not sure what the problem is
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

It's related to which home market you are in, and whether the home team in that market is playing at home or on the road. So yesterday the Skins were blacked out in Baltimore because the home market team was on the road. Conversely, Skins were at home so Ravens game was on as well in DC. Many other rules as well, but that is the basic premise.

Yip thats what happened. Was in a space that has Comcast- Infinity. Cannot get Direct TV. Both the Ravens were on along with Redskins.
    A friend who lived in DV was able to flip between both games.
    I could not...

502 is right. The Ravens come on in the preseason on DC station 7. They also come on virtually every week.

The thing that ticks me off is that I can't get the local games on the NFL ticket to go. Irritates me to no end because my son has games on Sunday.