Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 79
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,949
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Props to Dean Pees



    very vanilla. I give them props for holding Believeland to field goals but it seems like they're going to have to go back to a little organized chaos
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Gettysburg, PA
    Posts
    2,959

    Re: Props to Dean Pees

    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I may be in the minority but Pees gets no love from me with a 28th rank defense.
    +10, and counting!!!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton




  3. #18

    Re: Props to Dean Pees

    Blame.

    Have not been impressed with Pees at all. I realize there was a loss of talent but it is no excuse to go from top 5 to bottom 5. Ravens are behind teams like Indy, KC and even Cleveland. Do they have better talent than the Ravens? I think not. I would be commending Pees if he had this unit in the top 10. I would be understanding if he had this unit in the top 15. But to be at the bottom is on the coach. This team is poorly coached on both sides of the ball and nothing illustrates that more than the fact that they are one of the most penalized teams.




  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Western Mass, via Holabird Ave.
    Posts
    1,002
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Props to Dean Pees

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I disagree.

    Losing Redding and JJ is a big deal, no doubt, but a majority of this defense was here last year and almost every current starter was a starter last year and/or played a significant amount.

    Pees just isn't using the guys like Pags did. Plain and simple.

    Case and point: The secondary. What looked like a strong press-man unit last year has quickly turned into a unit that gives up 8-10 yards a pop because the corners are playing so far off the receiver.

    I thought the D stepped up nicely in the 2nd half yesterday, but it was also against the Browns and a QB who refused to throw it to his 1st read almost every snap. I don't know if you guys caught any of the commentary or not, but they were flipping out regarding how Brandon Weeden was literally passing over guys like Massequoi and Watson who were uncovered underneath on SEVERAL plays. If the Browns had a QB who could spread it around effectively, that likely would have been a very different game.

    On the plus side, I will say that Jimmy Smith did a nice job on Massequoi and Greg Little because those guys didn't even register a reception IIRC. They pretty much picked on Cary Williams.

    Frankly, I agree with Smoove on this one. The 28th ranked defense is nothing to be pleased about and a lot of it is because of Pees.
    Shouldn't be a slight to Pees to note that he's bringing to the Ravens exactly what his track record and NE style defense advertised prior to his hire. The real questrion is why the Ravens would want his style of D coaching. He's just being the same Pees we knew he was and somehow to expect somethng else is confusing.




  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hazzard County
    Posts
    1,347

    Re: Props to Dean Pees

    Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Shouldn't be a slight to Pees to note that he's bringing to the Ravens exactly what his track record and NE style defense advertised prior to his hire. The real questrion is why the Ravens would want his style of D coaching. He's just being the same Pees we knew he was and somehow to expect somethng else is confusing.
    Exactly right.




  6. #21

    Re: Props to Dean Pees

    I feel like Harbs and his whole staff are Bo Schembechler disciples. Solid fundamentally-sound football, but nothing too creative. Its a proven winning formula but a little too vanilla to win the big game (as a Raven fan, hopefully I'm wrong)




  7. #22

    Re: Props to Dean Pees

    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I may be in the minority but Pees gets no love from me with a 28th rank defense.
    Actually past 2 games defense has looked better. He hasnt had a full compliment of players either. Ngata hurt, Mcphee hurt, Suggs hurt, Upshaw hurt and Kemo terrible and Cody not so great. Looks like the Defense is slowly getting better, IMO. Most of that ranking is from a few early games. I dont think they miss Ray as much as people think.




  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,717
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Props to Dean Pees

    I didn't want him before his hire, and still don't like it. Blame, period. Wow our D didn't give up a TD! So freaking what? It was against one of the worst teams in the league at redzone scoring.

    We've gotten abused and ransaked on our D coaches over the years and now it's finally biting us. the unfortunate thing, I bet he gets a pass for next year if they give Cam the boot. Teams NEVER do a complete overhaul unless it's from the HC down. So unfortunatly, unless he gets a HC job offer(will never happen) we're stuck with him next year. Better go get some better players.




  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,717
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Props to Dean Pees

    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Actually past 2 games defense has looked better. He hasnt had a full compliment of players either. Ngata hurt, Mcphee hurt, Suggs hurt, Upshaw hurt and Kemo terrible and Cody not so great. Looks like the Defense is slowly getting better, IMO. Most of that ranking is from a few early games. I dont think they miss Ray as much as people think.
    The D looked good against Houton? Really? maybe I'm in a seperate dimension but pretty sure they ripped our D apart.




  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Middle River
    Posts
    4,019
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Props to Dean Pees

    Add in that there was also a rookie QB that Reed could get into his head, the D wouldn't have looked "getting better" against a pink tutu, or a Manning....

    I'd also like to see some elements of organized chaos, at least a sniff of it.

    One thing I'd dream about is Sizzle coming ove the C. I perked up every time I saw Redding move there last year, and saw him penetrate more often than not.
    We have edge players, seasoned while Sizzle was PUP'd.
    When we move out a DL, I'd love to see Sizzle last minute shift to over the C, I'd bet we see a yellow holding flag very fast the first time we did it.
    To understand paranoid people better, follow them around.




  11. #26

    Re: Props to Dean Pees

    Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    I feel like Harbs and his whole staff are Bo Schembechler disciples. Solid fundamentally-sound football, but nothing too creative. Its a proven winning formula but a little too vanilla to win the big game (as a Raven fan, hopefully I'm wrong)
    This is a great description. That works when you can out athlete your opponent but does not work in the NFL. That is exactly the feel I get from the Harbaugh teams. Ultra conservative on offense and Defense. His best teams were when he had DCs that were not ultra conservative. Rex and Pagano vs Mattison and Pees.




  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    8,177
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Props to Dean Pees

    Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    I didn't want him before his hire, and still don't like it. Blame, period. Wow our D didn't give up a TD! So freaking what? It was against one of the worst teams in the league at redzone scoring...
    While I agree with you in general, let's not be so hard on the D (Pees) this past Sunday. Holding the Browns to 5 FGs while our offense fell asleep is a strong job IMO.
    If one or two of their FGs had turned into a TD, we might be singing a different tune today... Bc




  13. #28

    Re: Props to Dean Pees

    Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    While I agree with you in general, let's not be so hard on the D (Pees) this past Sunday. Holding the Browns to 5 FGs while our offense fell asleep is a strong job IMO.
    If one or two of their FGs had turned into a TD, we might be singing a different tune today... Bc
    They were gonna beat us till we figured that QB out....
    Way Down South in New Orleans




  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,340
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Props to Dean Pees

    Why would we blame him? We're 6-2. Nothing to criticise the D for!




  15. #30

    Re: Props to Dean Pees

    i have nothing against Pees but i wish we would have picked up Mike Nolan. i thought Nolan was the MVP(C) in 2003 after the post super bowl salary purge. Nolan, as a defensive coordinator, has done well wherever he has gone. i'm not sure why has moved from denver to miami to atlanta.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland