Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: How does this team get to 10 wins?

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Yet when it mattered, the offense kicked back into gear and scored 11 points to put the game away.
    It "matters" right from the opening kickoff. Points in Q2 and Q3 count just as much as points in the last 5 minutes of Q4. A team that goes 3 and out six consecutive times has serious issues. If this had been the first time we'd seen this, we'd chalk it up to just a bad day at the office. We've seen this too many times.

Relying on this offense to pull 4th quarter comebacks to win games is going to end in disaster.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    So there is no reason to expect the Ravens to beat QBs like Brady and Romo, because they have? So there is "little" reason to expect the Ravens to score 4th quarter points when they need to, because they have (including in those 2 games)?

Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    It "matters" right from the opening kickoff. Points in Q2 and Q3 count just as much as points in the last 5 minutes of Q4. A team that goes 3 and out six consecutive times has serious issues. If this had been the first time we'd seen this, we'd chalk it up to just a bad day at the office. We've seen this too many times.

Relying on this offense to pull 4th quarter comebacks to win games is going to end in disaster.
    The second post answers the first quite nicely. The only thing worth adding is that this ain't baseball--you don't get 27 outs no matter how long that takes. What happens if the opponent is ahead on the scoreboard late in the game &, recognizing that the Ravens offense can be explosive, plays to run out the clock against a "bend-but-don't-break" defense?

(@StingerNLG: Are you really going to count the last FG as "the offense kick[ing] it into gear" when they gained a net 4 yards after Pat Short-Timer, 'scuse me, Shurmur, handed them the ball on the Cleveland 33?)

Yet when it mattered, the offense kicked back into gear and scored 11 points to put the game away. They found their footing and finished things off.
    They did finish it off but against the Browns. As I stated before any other team drives 4 tds down our throats and we are scrabbling to put up more against a team that was holding us to a bunch of . We are in a good position and hopefully the coaching staff makes adjusts and game plans a little better so that we don't watch these games with our hearts in our stomachs.

We are going to be 7-2 before we hit our tough stretch. That's likely going to be 2nd in the AFC as they are now, and still leading the division. So at the least, we should be playing for the division lead when we go to Pittsburgh.
    This is the the thing I am most worried about. Unfortunately I think the Steelers have the same aspirations and will take advantage of mistakes if we lay them at their feet.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    x1000

Holy shit guys. We went on the road and played a divisional foe that had won 2 out of it's last three and beat them by 2 scores while denying them a single TD.

I just don't know what people expect from an injury riddled team with a serious talent deficiency on both lines. They are playing well enough to win and that's all that counts. Once we make the playoffs it becomes 40% luck, 30% team health, and 30% talent. Just enjoy a fucking win without desperately looking for a way to piss on it.
    Seriously.

The win in Cleveland was not overly impressive but it was an improvement. Keeping the browns out of the endzone was a good start and young guys are getting good game expereince. Once crunch time hits in Dec/Jan and Feb, it's all about the TOP talent you have, and who gets hot.

I like that we're getting young guys expereince AND winning at the same time.

Our top talent on both sides of the ball can get hot. Don't sleep on Rice, Boldin, Torrey Flacco, Suggs, Reed or Ngata. They can all single handedly propel a team to a win.

I truly think we will get to 10 wins and once in the playoffs, will let it hang out.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I think this thread will be pretty humorous when they end up 11-5 or 12-4. theres not a game on the schedule this team cannot beat.

Raiders
    @ Steelers
    @ SD
    Steelers
    @ Redskins
    Broncos
    Giants
    @ Bengals

None of those teams you can say are playing lights out football right now. Dont let our own flaws blind you from seeing other teams.
    Aint that the truth.

Raiders just gave up 250 rushing yards to one dude. Really. One dude.
    Steelers look like the best of the rest, but they just beat a totally unispired Giants team. And still lost to the Raiders AND Titans. And they don't have a RB.
    Giants will be tough. But we're built similarly to the steelers who habnded them. And I'd say we matchup as favorabley as they do, possibly better. And we get then at home.
    Skins are struggling as they couldn't beat Carolina. Really? Oh, and they just let Christian Ponder throw for 352 and 2 TDs.
    Bengals will be tough in their place, but not impossible. Let me remind you they just lost their 4th in a row. One of which was to Cleveland.
    San Diego will be tough with the trip west, but they aren't world beaters either. Old Man Peyton had that comeback AT SD...Oh, and they just lost to that lousy Cleveland team we swept too.

Yet when it mattered, the offense kicked back into gear and scored 11 points to put the game away. They found their footing and finished things off.

And they didn't abandon the run at all. The Browns adjusted and stopped the run. We were running on 1st down most of that game. It just took the offense a while to re-adjust to what the Browns were doing.

We are going to be 7-2 before we hit our tough stretch. That's likely going to be 2nd in the AFC as they are now, and still leading the division. So at the least, we should be playing for the division lead when we go to Pittsburgh.
    On the series where they kicked it into gear the play calling was better. It was more creative. They opened up with good pickup on a pass to the middle of the field to Boldin. That set the tone for the drive. From there they were able to mix in passes and runs with success. During the previous 6 drives that stalled they would run the ball on first down for little gain or they tried the deep pass to Smith. Their first down plays are what is killing the team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    On the series where they kicked it into gear the play calling was better. It was more creative. They opened up with good pickup on a pass to the middle of the field to Boldin. That set the tone for the drive. From there they were able to mix in passes and runs with success. During the previous 6 drives that stalled they would run the ball on first down for little gain or they tried the deep pass to Smith. Their first down plays are what is killing the team.
    I just do not get why we can't have those kind of throws to Boldin more consistently, why the fuck does it take until the 4th quarter to get that play when we needed it, and why did we literally fall off a cliff after that first quarter where our offense looked the best it's been all year?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I just do not get why we can't have those kind of throws to Boldin more consistently, why the fuck does it take until the 4th quarter to get that play when we needed it, and why did we literally fall off a cliff after that first quarter where our offense looked the best it's been all year?
    Cleveland adjusted by putting an extra dlineman in the game, effectively running a 4-4-3. Cam never countered that move. That is, until the 4th quarter. This man's stubborness never ceases to amaze me.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Cleveland adjusted by putting an extra dlineman in the game, effectively running a 4-4-3. Cam never countered that move. That is, until the 4th quarter. This man's stubborness never ceases to amaze me.
    Cam is pretty bad, always the one to get the joke last. Onto the question how to get to 10 wins. First, you beat Oakland then move on from thier that's 7.

Win four more?

We split with the Steelers and the Division is ours. The losses to Tennessee and Oakland are going to come back to bite them later on.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    We split with the Steelers and the Division is ours. The losses to Tennessee and Oakland are going to come back to bite them later on.
    I agree with this. Right now I think both teams will finish 11-5 with the Ravens holding the tie breakers.