Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: How does this team get to 10 wins?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    Personally I don't know what is more obnoxious:

A) People that insist the Ravens are doomed.
    B) People that say 'look at the record, doom mongers' and completely gloss over any negative aspects of a performance and the potential implications of that.

I thought the point of a forum was debate about a topic, not polarised whining and polyannaism.
    Literally no post in this thread even comes close to your "B" point. The nearest one is mine in which I simply pointed out several aspects of the game which I found heartening in response to your claim that virtually nothing about that game was worth a positive takeaway. No one has simply said "6-2 So shut up."

But hey, if you want to adjust reality to suit a fictional theory of moral equivalency between two sides of a debate, go for it. This is a free forum and you're welcome to it.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    And that's why yesterday's game isn't "heartening". Watching the team go 29 minutes and 59 seconds without a first down (that's half of an entire game, for the chronologically challenged) and letting the Browns start at their 39, 49, 44, 46, and 43-yard lines isn't "heartening". Do that against a team with a decent offense, and you're on the wrong side of another blowout.

Watching the team employ misdirection, rollouts, etc. successfully in the first quarter, and then totally abandon them, isn't "heartening". It just makes you want to reach for a barf bag.

The only things that were really heartening were:

1) Much better play against the run in the 2nd half
    2) Continued good play by the special teams units
    3) Ellerbe continuing to improve.

But those things won't beat the good teams that are coming up.
    :word

Just because you are a fan of a team does not mean you can't have a negative outlook on the remainder of the season. There is nothing wrong with saying that due to the injuries and poor coaching it may be difficult for the Ravens to go .500 and make the playoffs. It is not an unrealistic attitude. You still pull hard for the team to win. I look at the way our crappy OC and DC are coaching and wonder how we beat the Steelers. I will still pull hard for them every week. I hope they find a way to win some games they are not expected to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I really don't get it. The Ravens have been consistently good since Harbaugh got here, and you'd think they perennially have losing seasons according to some people here.
    I mean we are 6-2. We scored 25 points against a pretty tough Browns D on the road, but because our 25 didn't come evenly people are complaining. We led nearly the entire game and as soon as we lost the lead our offense took it back.
    We have averaged over 30 points a game at home and we still have 4 home games left so I'm not buying into the whole 2-6 2nd half record.

And for those who think we don't have a chance why are you torturing yourself? Why submit yourself to 3 hours of "horrible" football every Sunday?
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Literally no post in this thread even comes close to your "B" point. The nearest one is mine in which I simply pointed out several aspects of the game which I found heartening in response to your claim that virtually nothing about that game was worth a positive takeaway. No one has simply said "6-2 So shut up."

But hey, if you want to adjust reality to suit a fictional theory of moral equivalency between two sides of a debate, go for it. This is a free forum and you're welcome to it.
    Who was limiting the scope of my comment it to this thread? I certainly wasn't. If you want to do so to fit your narrow view of what shape the discussion about this team takes then go for it. This is a free forum and you're welcome to it.

Edit: And look at this page of 'Look at the doommongers, what's wrong with them?!' posts. I mean according to some they aren't really Ravens fans, or they should just make the logical choice to stop supporting the Ravens. Those comments are about as stupid as any prophecies of doom being thrown around.
    Last edited by Lee Van Cleef; 11-05-2012 at 10:23 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    I mean we are 6-2. We scored 25 points against a pretty tough Browns D on the road, but because our 25 didn't come evenly people are complaining. We led nearly the entire game and as soon as we lost the lead our offense took it back.
    We have averaged over 30 points a game at home and we still have 4 home games left so I'm not buying into the whole 2-6 2nd half record.

And for those who think we don't have a chance why are you torturing yourself? Why submit yourself to 3 hours of "horrible" football every Sunday?
    The same Browns D that held the Chargers to 6 points. I don't know why people are surprised the Browns played us tough. They always do. I called it in the prediction thread. Also, I think there were some positives from the Browns game we can look at. The defense did not allow a touchdown when the Browns consistently had good field position throughout the game. Next, the defense for the most part managed Richardson. He averaged 4.2 ypc and his longest run was 19 yards. Granted he got over 100 yards, but he didn't run all over us. Also, Rice got his 25 carries and almost 100 yards rushing and a td and Pierce had that real nice TD run.

Blog Entries

First of all the Ravens are a different beast at home. They get the Steelers, Giants, and Broncos in Baltimore. I expect them to win all 3 of those games. Of the Redskins, Bengals, and Chargers they will find a way to win another one. And the game vs. Oakland. I expect them to not only get to 10 wins but maybe even pass it.
    Last edited by Corey; 11-05-2012 at 10:27 AM.

Blog Entries

Ok without the doom and gloom or bashin of other posters, damn guys maybe answer the questions instead of just frying people.

At he start of the year I had us losing, NE and the Giants at home and SD,KC and Houston on the road.

Now midway through the season I can still see us losing to the Giants and now see us losing to the Skins, add in la loss @ Pitt. Denver will be the swing game as to if we finish with 10 or 11 wins. The really unfortunate thing is, I can also see Shitsburgh getting to 11 wins also.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    First of all the Ravens are a different beast at home. They get the Steelers, Giants, and Broncos in Baltimore. I expect them to win all 3 of those games. Of the Redskins, Bengals, and Chargers they will find a way to win another one. And the game vs. Oakland. I expect them to not only get to 10 wins but maybe even pass it.
    This ^^

I predicted 11-5 and I am sticking with it.

I think a lot of people are overlooking that the Ravens defense played much better against the Browns then they did in their first meeting(at home even). The pass rush was dismal in the first half, but the team is making adjustments, and tightening things up.

People also forget that the supposed mighty, unbeatable Chargers team, only scored 6 points the week before against these same Browns. So we are this horrible team, that can't score, yet we put up 25 against them? Won by 10 on the road?

There is doom and gloom, and I get that, but there is also chicken little, and there's a LOT of chicken little going on around here.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Ok without the doom and gloom or bashin of other posters, damn guys maybe answer the questions instead of just frying people.

At he start of the year I had us losing, NE and the Giants at home and SD,KC and Houston on the road.

Now midway through the season I can still see us losing to the Giants and now see us losing to the Skins, add in la loss @ Pitt. Denver will be the swing game as to if we finish with 10 or 11 wins. The really unfortunate thing is, I can also see Shitsburgh getting to 11 wins also.
    I agree about Pittsburgh. We have to garner at least a split with them, or they might very well win the division. I had them losing @ NY, and they surprised me, big time. That game was huge for them, and puts them back into the race. Otherwise the Ravens would have had a 2 game cushion to work with.

I don't see us losing the Skins. I'm not sure how anybody sees that. They aren't very good at all. I also don't see us losing to the Giants at home. Not after seeing them against the Steelers. The Giants look like they could be starting their typical second half swoon.

The Denver game will be tough, unless we discover a pass rush. That one could prevent us from winning the division.

While I didn't predict a record my gut feeling prior to this year was that the Ravens would win the division and guarantee themselves at least one home game in the playoffs. So far we are on track but for whatever reason most posters act like the train has already derailed. Yes it's frustrating how the offense occassionally finds themselves in a funk for an extended period of time so I understand the "confidence" factor taking a hit but this is a resilent good football team. One game at a time folks.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post

Don't see us losing to the Skins.

Wins: Oak, Was,
    Losses: Pitt(Rd)
    Toss up: Pitt(home), SD, Den, NYG, Cincy

I have SD as a toss up because Norv Turner has owned our defense even when it was not in bad shape. Cincy may move to a win if they continue to struggle and lose games. They may not have anything to play for the last week of the season. DEN and NYG are going to be tough. If the defense does not get better the Manning brothers may shred it. I have no faith in Cam to be able to win a shoot out against either team. The team absolutely has to win the Oak, Wash and Pitt Home games or it is going to be a battle for the wild card. Before the season I predicted 9-7 with the Ravens battling the Steelers for a wild card spot behind the Bengals. I thought the losses would be Hou, NWE, Pitt, Cincy, Philly, SD, NYG