Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 LastLast

Re: How does this team get to 10 wins?

Sure, this might not be one of our stronger teams in recent years, but we're also benefiting from a weaker division and conference. If Ben's out in two weeks, does anybody really expect them to come in here and beat us when they couldn't do it at home? With a season sweep, it's going to be hard to make up 3 games while losing the tiebreaker. With the Bengals, they're out 3 games and will assuredly lose the tiebreaker with us.

So, really, at worst we're a 3-4 seed. At least we'll have a home game. Maybe more.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    So, really, at worst we're a 3-4 seed. At least we'll have a home game. Maybe more.
    With the way Houston has been playing lately, a #1 seed is still a distinct possibility.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    I'm really get pissed off at some of these Ravens fans not enjoying A F--ing Pittsburgh Road WIN, no matter how ugly it was. Yea I know that this team probably isnt SB caliber but at least enjoy our prosperity. We are very fortunate to a great team and if they dont win the SB, it's not a failure. Last season was probably best chance talentwise/health of team to win a championship but two guys came up small on the biggest stage. Its extremely difficult to win a SB and you need a shitload of luck. The 2000 Ravens got a f----ing 90yd Block FG Return for a TD to the win that Titan game. If thats not lucky, what the hell is?

Please Ravens fans.... the day you can't enjoy a ROAD STEELERS WIN.. its time for you to reassess your fandom.
    Bump that. You don't have to look Superbowl caliber until the post season. Right now the only goal is to rack up as many wins as possible and make the playoffs. Style points be damned. The last two Superbowl champs looked anything but Superbowl caliber at this point in their season, but they were.

Blog Entries

The Ravens are SB caliber. No strings attached. We would be if, y'know, Ben wasn't dieing over in the sidelines.

Atleast our D is better than yours :D

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    With the way Houston has been playing lately, a #1 seed is still a distinct possibility.
    Damn shame the Jags couldn't close them out yesterday, then you'd really be talking. As it is the Texans essentially have a 1.5 game lead (1 game plus H2H tiebreaker) with 6 to play, & the Ravens have their own challenges ahead.

It now looks to me as if the Ravens get to 10 wins & plausibly 11, barring fresh major bad luck (which is not out of the question, cf. Lewis, Jamal, 2001 season). That probably gets them the AFCN & a home game, particularly if one of the wins sweeps PGH. It will probably take at least 12 wins for a bye though--the Pats get SF & HOU at home & the rest of their schedule is AFCE plus JAX; Denver's 2 toughest remaining games (on paper) are @BAL and CLE; and Houston is not going to lose more than 3 of its last 6 (2@DET, @TEN, @NE, IND, MIN, @IND) without an epic collapse.

One thing I am sick of, is that the AFCE aside from NE is complete weaksauce, as per usual. NE year after year has the easiest path to HFA, it's getting ridiculous.

They say winning cures all. A win over Pittsburgh is definately sweet despite our offensive struggles on the road. There are no great teams in the AFC this year but alot of a good teams that play great at times and yes I include Houston in that category. I don't expect much offense next week against San Diego so we are going to have to ride the defensive momentum we've got going on right now.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    One thing I am sick of, is that the AFCE aside from NE is complete weaksauce, as per usual. NE year after year has the easiest path to HFA, it's getting ridiculous.
    But luckily we already have the tiebreaker over them. Denver is the bigger threat for the #2 seed at the moment.

Another thing:

Say we the field ends up like this...

#1 Houston Texans
    #2 Baltimore Ravens
    #3 New England Patriots
    #4 Denver Broncos
    #5 Indianapolis Colts
    #6 Cincinatti Bengals

You would expect the divisional match ups to look like this:

#1 Houston Texans vs #4 Denver Broncos
    #2 Baltimore Ravens vs #3 New England Patriots

Is it that unthinkable that the Texans could lose to Denver or New England? It would be great to have the #1 seed but it's not like last year where the #4 seed is a joke (Tebow's).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    I'm really get pissed off at some of these Ravens fans not enjoying A F--ing Pittsburgh Road WIN, no matter how ugly it was. Yea I know that this team probably isnt SB caliber but at least enjoy our prosperity. We are very fortunate to a great team and if they dont win the SB, it's not a failure. Last season was probably best chance talentwise/health of team to win a championship but two guys came up small on the biggest stage. Its extremely difficult to win a SB and you need a shitload of luck. The 2000 Ravens got a f----ing 90yd Block FG Return for a TD to the win that Titan game. If thats not lucky, what the hell is?

Please Ravens fans.... the day you can't enjoy a ROAD STEELERS WIN.. its time for you to reassess your fandom.
    Hell yeah!

Great post.

I'd add that, I think it was more of a conservative win than an ugly win.

I know we run more out routes than most teams, but I think it was a decision to stay out of the middle of the field to lessen the chance of a mistake.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    But luckily we already have the tiebreaker over them. Denver is the bigger threat for the #2 seed at the moment.

Another thing:

Say we the field ends up like this...

#1 Houston Texans
    #2 Baltimore Ravens
    #3 New England Patriots
    #4 Denver Broncos
    #5 Indianapolis Colts
    #6 Cincinatti Bengals

You would expect the divisional match ups to look like this:

#1 Houston Texans vs #4 Denver Broncos
    #2 Baltimore Ravens vs #3 New England Patriots

Is it that unthinkable that the Texans could lose to Denver or New England? It would be great to have the #1 seed but it's not like last year where the #4 seed is a joke (Tebow's).
    Good point. The difference between 1 and 2 seed is smaller this year. Both get the bye and have to face a tough divisional round. The Ravens would look good at the 2 seed, but I think they also have a shot at the 1 seed. Texans have a tough schedule, as do the Ravens. The key will be the next two weeks. If Ravens can somehow beat San Diego on the road and then the Steelers at home, I think they will be at least on the running for the 1 seed at the end.

The Denver game just got a little easier - Willis McGahee out 6-8 weeks with an MCL tear.

Blog Entries

We all know the Ravens are a different team at home, and IMO their toughest games left are all at home: Pitt, Giants, Denver. Their remaining road games are winnable; albeit that may not matter: Chargers, Skins, Bengals.

If they can win 2 of the 3 home games they're in great shape