Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Re: How does this team get to 10 wins?

Quote Originally Posted by Quackjack View Post
    Split with Steel-City: 7
    Win @ San Diego: 8
    Win today: 9
    Atleast 2 with Broncos, Giants, @ Washington & @ Cincy: 11

Who wins the division then if Steelers-Ravens tie at 11 and they split???
    Depends entirely to whom the Steelers lose to and the Ravens lose two more (an extra loss for each after the split).

The Steelers are 2-3 in the conf and the Ravens 5-1 so far. Ravens 3-0 in the div, Steelers 1-0. Assuming both sweep Ohio (which you'd say is likely), that gives them 5-1 in the div each. 4-2 if they both lose their other remaining away AFC North game - at CLE for Pit, at CIN for Bal. If one lose it and the other doesn't, say Pit slips at Cle and the Ravens beat the Bengals, then the Ravens win on division tiebreaker.

After that, common games - the only games not in common between the two are Patriots/Texans; Titans/Jets - of which both are 1-1 in those, anyway. So a dead tie would likely tie that as well.

Next is conference. The other game that Pittsburgh might lose is at Dallas, so they'd be 8-4 in the conf at the end. (The rest is fairly easy for them. Maybe a sleeper at Cleveland as it splits the Ravens games instead? That'd take them to 7-5 with a full sweep of NFC, but for it to boil down to AFC, the Ravens would need to lose at Cincy as well).

Split for the Ravens takes them to 6-2 to the conference. Win over Oakland today makes it 7-2. We also assume the Ravens beat Bengals so they'd be 8-2. A further win over the Chargers or Broncos would thus seal AFC conference tiebreaker in that scenario if they both go 11-5. If it's 7-5 tie with a Steelers loss at Cle instead of at Dal, then that would also assume a Ravens loss to Cincy to even out divisional tiebreaker. So, that'd mean the Ravens would be at 6-3 (remember Steelers/Ravens split adds 1 to each): so two wins out of three over Broncos, Chargers and/or Raiders would do the job.

There's probably some AFC tie scenario at 10-6, but too far out to really bother with that.

Next is strength of victory - too far out for that to be determined yet (bear in mind that the Steelers currently have a lead of .429 to .320 - but the Ravens schedule is also much tougher on the road ahead, so that could be close). Steelers also hold a SoS edge of Bmore so far, but given that the Ravens have played Pats and Texans, you'd think they'd win that in the end if it came down to it.

All in all, the Ravens probably hold a slight tiebreaker edge at the moment, but there's a *long* way to go yet. Anyway, waffle over.
    Last edited by Tyrian; 11-11-2012 at 01:00 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrian View Post
    Depends entirely to whom the Steelers lose to and the Ravens lose two more (an extra loss for each after the split).

The Steelers are 2-3 in the conf and the Ravens 5-1 so far. Ravens 3-0 in the div, Steelers 1-0. Assuming both sweep Ohio (which you'd say is likely), that gives them 5-1 in the div each. 4-2 if they both lose their other remaining away AFC North game - at CLE for Pit, at CIN for Bal. If one lose it and the other doesn't, say Pit slips at Cle and the Ravens beat the Bengals, then the Ravens win on division tiebreaker.

After that, common games - the only games not in common between the two are Patriots/Texans; Titans/Jets - of which both are 1-1 in those, anyway. So a dead tie would likely tie that as well.

Next is conference. The other game that Pittsburgh might lose is at Dallas, so they'd be 8-4 in the conf at the end. (The rest is fairly easy for them. Maybe a sleeper at Cleveland as it splits the Ravens games instead? That'd take them to 7-5 with a full sweep of NFC, but for it to boil down to AFC, the Ravens would need to lose at Cincy as well).

Split for the Ravens takes them to 6-2 to the conference. Win over Oakland today makes it 7-2. We also assume the Ravens beat Bengals so they'd be 8-2. A further win over the Chargers or Broncos would thus seal AFC conference tiebreaker in that scenario if they both go 11-5. If it's 7-5 tie with a Steelers loss at Cle instead of at Dal, then that would also assume a Ravens loss to Cincy to even out divisional tiebreaker. So, that'd mean the Ravens would be at 6-3 (remember Steelers/Ravens split adds 1 to each): so two wins out of three over Broncos, Chargers and/or Raiders would do the job.

There's probably some AFC tie scenario at 10-6, but too far out to really bother with that.

Next is strength of victory - too far out for that to be determined yet (bear in mind that the Steelers currently have a lead of .429 to .320 - but the Ravens schedule is also much tougher on the road ahead, so that could be close). Steelers also hold a SoS edge of Bmore so far, but given that the Ravens have played Pats and Texans, you'd think they'd win that in the end if it came down to it.

All in all, the Ravens probably hold a slight tiebreaker edge at the moment, but there's a *long* way to go yet. Anyway, waffle over.
    Your analysis of all the possible tiebreakers is great. You really did a good job but the bottom line right now is the Ravens have one up on Pittsburgh. WIN and none of that other stuff matters. It's as simple as that right now. In 2 or 3 weeks or by the end of the season the tiebreakers might matter.

Blog Entries

Man i just looked at the remainder of the schedule and we have a tough fuckin schedule hands down. We make it to the playoffs based on what we have as talent on defense, that below average Oline and inept coaching staff, i call it a win season...shit! We gotta tough got damn schedule l!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Americanmade2012 View Post
    He/she may be right about the wins and losses of certain teams but I do not know how a ravens fan can think/hope for the worse because I am sure if we win out(just an example) this person would come back and never admit they said it thats me though
    I for one don't know how anyone (ravens fan or otherwise) who can operate a PC can be so STUPID as to read my original post & think I am thinking/hoping for the worst for this team. But thanks for playing, I guess.

Blog Entries

Looks like we're winning another one here, so only 3 more required after this one.

They will win 12 games. Remember after today the Ravens have 4 home games left.

BTW, Joe Flacco to Donovan McNabb 'Tell me how my ass taste'

Blog Entries

Giants are looking pretty average; Eli hasn't thrown a TD pass in 10 quarters, plus we also still have the Skins on the schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Giants are looking pretty average; Eli hasn't thrown a TD pass in 10 quarters, plus we also still have the Skins on the schedule.
    Remaining schedule:

Home:
    Stillers
    Slurs
    Denver
    Gents

Away:
    Inbreeds
    SD
    Cincy(packing up for the off season)

The toughest remaining game is Denver but that's at home. You're right about the Gents but they normally look like shit in November and then turn it on December just to get in the playoffs. I hate how do that and then win it all but what can I say.

Skins is away. I know there'll be plenty of purple, but at best it'll be a neutral field.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

I am wondering how good the Steelers really are. The Giants are getting destroyed by an ordinary Bengals team yet this same team had a comfortable 20-10 lead against a Steelers team that couldn't do anything until Mike Wallace's huge play.

Yes they were home to the Steelers and on the road today but still is everyone giving the Steelers too much credit.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Skins is away. I know there'll be plenty of purple, but at best it'll be a neutral field.
    Slurs is away but talking and listening to many of their fans seats are going to be easy to get. Look for up to 30K Ravens if not more. They do this every year so I am confident that they will continue to give up on lost seasons.

I plan on going to that one. Anyone know where I can get seats cheap?
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron