Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: How does this team get to 10 wins?

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Agreed. Anyone who has followed the Ravens under Harbaugh has seen this story written before. Look at his tenure here. In every season there is atleast 1 really bad blowout on the road and atleast one really bad loss to a bad team or a very ugly win vs a bad team. It's just how they operate.
    I think it's just the nature of the NFL. Even the bad teams can win a game. Look at the 07 Dolphins. They got their only win against the Ravens. lol

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post

The only things that were really heartening were:
    1) 'Watching the team employ misdirection, rollouts,
    etc. successfully in 1st Q' [moved to list]
    2) Much better play against the run in the 2nd half
    3) Continued good play by the special teams units
    4) Ellerbe continuing to improve.
    Only...?
    5) Red Zone defense (no TDs!)
    6) Corey Graham looked ready to go in for Jimmy Smith
    as #2 CB
    7) Quality game experience for Pierce.
    8) TOP much improved; saves defense

A road win is a road win - this one within the Division no less.
    Last edited by Tucker: M&T Sec 527; 11-05-2012 at 02:06 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    First of all the Ravens are a different beast at home. They get the Steelers, Giants, and Broncos in Baltimore. I expect them to win all 3 of those games. Of the Redskins, Bengals, and Chargers they will find a way to win another one. And the game vs. Oakland. I expect them to not only get to 10 wins but maybe even pass it.
    That seems reasonable to me.

Honestly the Ravens actually did stick to the run in the 3Q (personally, I think too much.... PAP over the middle patterns Cam). The OL just was horrible at opening holes. Everyone points out how Joe is nite and day road vs. home, but I think the OL is even more Jeckyll and Hyde when comparing their performance between the two. Thats the one spot where they've gotta improve, and I think everything else falls into place (Rice/Pierce run the rock better and Joe & the Receivers have more time for Cam's long developing pass routes.) At least the coaches know that and they are trying to find the right mix with Reid coming in yesterday.

No matter what, we still will get in the dance. Maybe it's a turning point. Who knows, but i have faith in this team, to get more than 10 wins, for sure.. A tougher road but thats fine with me. Maybe it's going to be a more grinding year, but this team finds a way to win, and Winning is the job.

I still think we are going to superbowl. Yes i watch the games. But really if we sweep all home games, and sweep sqeelers then we will be right where we want to be. Yes i hear everyone about cam, pees, joe, Dline , oline, playbook, and everything else. But i still think we got a good as anybody chance to win every week and get to the dirty south for the big dance.

But even after we win the superbowl, both Cam and Pees need to walk. WE need Charm City swagger back in this D.
    O and i live in shitsburgh, so there is no way in hell, i would say we will lose to the Sqeelers.And hand them the North.
    The north belongs to the RAVENS!!!! Defending and A 3-0 in north so far. O and we are i think, 10-0 in AFC north right now.

PURPLE PRIDE

Blog Entries

Those of you said you don' see us losing to the skins, and I would say YES if it was at home. Our abysmal road numbers, coupled with the Skins rushing attack and our inability to stop the run, coupled with RG3 a mobile QB who's better than Vick and Vick already gave us fits this year. Sorry just see it as a tough close loss.

I would be considered a negative poster by most in this thread and I don't see us losing to the skins. Their defense is horrid. RG3 is exciting but teams are starting to figure him out. His numbers have been steadily declining over the course of the season. Carolina shut him down pretty easily on Sunday. Shanahan has already thrown the towel in on the season stating that they are evaluating players for next year. If the Ravens cant beat them 10 wins may be a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Those of you said you don' see us losing to the skins, and I would say YES if it was at home. Our abysmal road numbers, coupled with the Skins rushing attack and our inability to stop the run, coupled with RG3 a mobile QB who's better than Vick and Vick already gave us fits this year. Sorry just see it as a tough close loss.
    Skins are 1-9 in their last 10 home games. And they have a good chance of being 3-9 by the time they play the Ravens. I guarantee you a lot of those Burgundy seats will have Purple butts in them. Also, I think the books out on their offense. Their WRs and their downfield passing game just doesnt scare so you crowd the box. And don't forget about their defense being a sieve. I personally like our chances.

No game can be counted as a victory before it is played. NO GAME. Take it week to week and see where you end up. The good thing is their 3 of the 4 toughest games are at home.
    SD isnt that good, their OLine is crap and Rivers is an interception machine. The Browns I've watched a lot this year and arent that bad, way better than their record. They are in every game til the end. I am not sure what the Ravens record will be at the end, but it just seems every game comes down to the last few minutes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    Skins are 1-9 in their last 10 home games. And they have a good chance of being 3-9 by the time they play the Ravens. I guarantee you a lot of those Burgundy seats will have Purple butts in them. Also, I think the books out on their offense. Their WRs and their downfield passing game just doesnt scare so you crowd the box. And don't forget about their defense being a sieve. I personally like our chances.
    was going to put out the same thing. If the Panthers can beat them soundly in DC, I see no reason why the Ravens can't. But first things first = Oakland

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    I would be considered a negative poster by most in this thread and I don't see us losing to the skins. Their defense is horrid. RG3 is exciting but teams are starting to figure him out. His numbers have been steadily declining over the course of the season. Carolina shut him down pretty easily on Sunday. Shanahan has already thrown the towel in on the season stating that they are evaluating players for next year. If the Ravens cant beat them 10 wins may be a stretch.
    The book is out on RG3. He caught some teams by surprise in the beginning of the season, but the defenses are catching up to him now.

Blog Entries

I think this thread will be pretty humorous when they end up 11-5 or 12-4. theres not a game on the schedule this team cannot beat.

Raiders
    @ Steelers
    @ SD
    Steelers
    @ Redskins
    Broncos
    Giants
    @ Bengals

None of those teams you can say are playing lights out football right now. Dont let our own flaws blind you from seeing other teams.
    -JAB