Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: How does this team get to 10 wins?

To get to 10 wins, all we have to do is sweep our home games. Short of that, we can probably beat the Bengals or Redskins if we let a home game slip through our fingers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    Aint that the truth.

Raiders just gave up 250 rushing yards to one dude. Really. One dude.
    Steelers look like the best of the rest, but they just beat a totally unispired Giants team. And still lost to the Raiders AND Titans. And they don't have a RB.
    Giants will be tough. But we're built similarly to the steelers who habnded them. And I'd say we matchup as favorabley as they do, possibly better. And we get then at home.
    Skins are struggling as they couldn't beat Carolina. Really? Oh, and they just let Christian Ponder throw for 352 and 2 TDs.
    Bengals will be tough in their place, but not impossible. Let me remind you they just lost their 4th in a row. One of which was to Cleveland.
    San Diego will be tough with the trip west, but they aren't world beaters either. Old Man Peyton had that comeback AT SD...Oh, and they just lost to that lousy Cleveland team we swept too.
    Man, stop having all that "unsupported optimism". How dare you think that the Ravens are not the only imperfect team in the NFL or that they can beat one of the flawless teams left on their schedule....

Blog Entries

Wink Re: How does this team get to 10 wins?

Look guys, our Oline stinks, Rice is too short, TEs can't block, WRs are hot and cold, and a QB who is inconsistent. Our Special Teams aren't anything special, and the defense is old, slow, and going downhill fast. The coaching staff doesn't have a clue. That's why the Ravens are 2 - 6. What's that (?) Oh nevermind...:o Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Look guys, our Oline stinks, Rice is too short, TEs can't block, WRs are hot and cold, and a QB who is inconsistent. Our Special Teams aren't anything special, and the defense is old, slow, and going downhill fast. The coaching staff doesn't have a clue. That's why the Ravens are 2 - 6. What's that (?) Oh nevermind...:o Bc
    I think this sums it up fairly well. We are such a flawed franchise with so many areas of concern and yet on pace to win 10+ games for the 5th straight year. I will say this team is darn lucky to be 6-2 though. They really are more like a 4-4 team. However, to have played as bad as they have and still be 6-2 can mean that either:

a) the regression to the mean will catch up with us soon (the pessimist's view) or

b) When we start to play our best football, we are in great position to take a top 2 seed in the AFC given our win against NE and upcoming games against the AFC contenders Denver and Pittsburgh (the optimist's view).

After win totals of 13, 10, 13, and 13 over the last four years, I think you have to play the odds that we should be more encouraged than worried. This team has a great track record of finishing regular seasons well.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    I will say this team is darn lucky to be 6-2 though. They really are more like a 4-4 team.
    The difference between 4-4 and 6-2 is one Joe Flacco.

I will say this...the Ravens season is somewhat eerily similar to how the Orioles season went for most of the year...they are consistently winning despite almost all the "important stats that are supposed to show how good you are" not being in their favor.

In the end, it doesn't really matter as long as they find ways to win though.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I will say this...the Ravens season is somewhat eerily similar to how the Orioles season went for most of the year...they are consistently winning despite almost all the "important stats that are supposed to show how good you are" not being in their favor.

In the end, it doesn't really matter as long as they find ways to win though.
    I agree, except the Orioles are led by one of the best baseball minds in the business. They achieved their record because the whole added up to more than the sum of its parts. I don't know what to make of the Ravens, TBH.

Americanmade2012 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Your life must be terrible. I can't believe how negative some people are.
    He/she may be right about the wins and losses of certain teams but I do not know how a ravens fan can think/hope for the worse because I am sure if we win out(just an example) this person would come back and never admit they said it thats me though

Without reading all of the replies to this thread, let me suggest what I had in mind before the Cleveland game. I was thinking that if the offense and defense showed significant improvement coming out of the bye week (which they did) with no further injuries to key players, then 10-6 would be realistic.

Looking at the remaining schedule, starting with the Browns game, I saw the Ravens winning two (@Cleveland, Oakland), losing two (@Pittsburgh, @San Diego), winning two (Pittsburgh, @Washington), losing two (Denver, NYGiants), and winning one (@Cincinnati). I believe that would be the easiest path to securing a playoff berth, assuming 10-6 is adequate.

I'm sure this has been said, but i will reiterate. By wining four more

I remember the 1999 Ravens who outplayed most of their opponents only to lose (see both Jacksonville games just to name a few).
    The Ravens have issues but they are winning which is the only thing that matters.

I know everyone wants consistency and dominance but this level of adversity may serve them well down the road.

Relax

Blog Entries

The Ravens will probably let this one get more interesting than it needs to be, but will pull it out late.

You know, I've been thinking more and more about it. It would be just like the Ravens to go into Pittsburgh and beat the Steelers, only to lose to San Diego the following week.

To be on the conservative side, I'll give the Ravens three of the next four (Oakland and either a split with the Steelers + a win at SD or Oakland and a sweep of the Steelers).

I'm not too concerned about the Giants. They play when they want to play. They just might not be in the mood that Sunday. They seem to be in that 'Call me when we have to win/when the playoffs start' mode. That's four right there. Washington makes five. Cincinnati makes six.

I think 12-4 is doable and good enough for a first round bye.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore