Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: How does this team get to 10 wins?

Are we so spoiled now that a divisional win on the road against an improving team is not something to celebrate. The Ravens profess to having the best fans in the NFL, but what happens when we finally hit the skids (and it will happen, the league is cyclical)? Will the fans stop coming to M&T? I mean, we have been to the playoffs the last 4 years (with a great chance this year baring a collapse) and 2 AFC championship appearances.
    Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less"--GEN R. E. Lee

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    I think a lot of people are overlooking that the Ravens defense played much better against the Browns then they did in their first meeting(at home even). The pass rush was dismal in the first half, but the team is making adjustments, and tightening things up.
    No, I don't think we are. If the defense hadn't played well with the Browns being given great field position time after time, it would have been ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    People also forget that the supposed mighty, unbeatable Chargers team, only scored 6 points the week before against these same Browns. So we are this horrible team, that can't score, yet we put up 25 against them? Won by 10 on the road?
    I believe that's the first time I've seen a 4-4 team called 'unbeatable".

The issue here isn't that the offense didn't score 40 points. It's that they displayed complete ineptitude for 30 straight minutes. I'm still trying to figure out how the defense didn't collapse from exhaustion. I don't care that they were on the road, they can't have long stretches like that and get away with it against the good teams.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    I think it's kind of ridiculous that people can be so negative about a sports team and yet they continue to watch and talk about them.

If I'm reading a book and it sucks I simply put it down and read something else. Same goes for movies, tv shows, games, etc. I've never went on a bad roller coaster and then immediately jumped back in line for another ride.
    Why torture yourself if we are going to go 2-6 the rest of the way?
    Preach.

It's one thing to be disappointed in our play and discuss ways that we as fans would try and improve the team. The team isn't giving everybody a lot of confidence...I get that.

But to see some of these posters throwing in the white towel like this is pretty gross IMHO.

It's like a race to see who can be the first overly pessimistic fan who can brag about being able to say "I told you so" as soon as the team loses.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

There is as much evidence right now to suggest we go 8-0 as there is to support the idea that we go 2-6. The Ravens figure to be a favorite, or a small dog, with every game remaining on their schedule.

This Browns team is not bad at all. Put them in the AFC South or AFC West and I'm not sure they aren't 5-4 right now. There are four teams in the AFC (Tenn, Jax, KC, Oak) that are clearly worse than them and a handful of other teams (SD, Indy, Cincy, Buffalo, Miami, NYJ) that are roughly on the same level as them. As much luck as the Ravens have mustered up this year to be 6-2, the Browns have had as much luck against them to wind up at 2-7.

Blog Entries

Minus that bullshit call in philly, we would be 7-1...im just sayin.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Minus that bullshit call in philly, we would be 7-1...im just sayin.
    :word That OPI call wouldn't be called with regular refs.

We act like the Browns aren't an NFL team. Someone already mentioned they held San Diego to 6 points. They have a beast in a running back in Trent Richardson, and a decent defense.

Terrell Suggs said it best, they had full confidence that the offense would get it back and start clicking again. And they did. It was a big necessary step ON THE ROAD that might give them a spark. Maybe it won't, but they won the game.

San Diego is the same team they always are, pretenders. Philip Rivers is overrated, and they don't have the run game we do. They are 4-4 for a reason. I see us beating them.

I'm still going 11 wins because I think we prepare for Pittsburgh differently than other teams and split, but to get to 10 I have:

Oakland - 7
    San Diego - 8
    Washington - 9
    Cincy - 10

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    We act like the Browns aren't an NFL team. Someone already mentioned they held San Diego to 6 points. They have a beast in a running back in Trent Richardson, and a decent defense.

Terrell Suggs said it best, they had full confidence that the offense would get it back and start clicking again. And they did. It was a big necessary step ON THE ROAD that might give them a spark. Maybe it won't, but they won the game.

San Diego is the same team they always are, pretenders. Philip Rivers is overrated, and they don't have the run game we do. They are 4-4 for a reason. I see us beating them.

I'm still going 11 wins because I think we prepare for Pittsburgh differently than other teams and split, but to get to 10 I have:

Oakland - 7
    San Diego - 8
    Washington - 9
    Cincy - 10
    Agreed. We also are not going to drop back to back games at home. Atleast one of the Manning brothers is going down, my bet is it will be Denver traveling east. I am really expecting to beat the Giants at home as well.

Blog Entries

One things i love about this team regardless the inept coaching assistants, is the resiliency this team has, they bounce back and they fight. I think we finish 12-4 none of that 12-4 will be pretty.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    One things i love about this team regardless the inept coaching assistants, is the resiliency this team has, they bounce back and they fight. I think we finish 12-4 none of that 12-4 will be pretty.
    Agreed. Anyone who has followed the Ravens under Harbaugh has seen this story written before. Look at his tenure here. In every season there is atleast 1 really bad blowout on the road and atleast one really bad loss to a bad team or a very ugly win vs a bad team. It's just how they operate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrian View Post
    By winning four more.
    This.

I'm real nervous here. The browns scored four times and had to settle for FGs. Any other team would have put up 4 TDs on us.

Flacco and Co seems lost out there.

I dont have faith in the offense especially when they abandon the run as much as they do.

The defense cant defend the run.

No Ray Lewis!

We wont have the same success as we've had in the past if things dont change quickly.

The losses will be piling up if we dont change this crap ASAP
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--