Page 1 of 18 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

How does this team get to 10 wins?

Oakland is probably a win, maybe the Skins & Week 17 at Cincy (presuming the Tabbies don't have much to play for by then)--but off a performance like this, can anyone honestly see them beating Denver or San Diego (in SD) or the Giants, or the Steelers even once?

Blog Entries

Re: How does this team get to 10 wins?

Jesus, wtf is wrong with people? We won the damn game didn't we? It wasn't even close to as bad as you are implying. I mean how could we beat the New England Patriots at home? Oh wait we already did that....

3. Re: How does this team get to 10 wins?

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    I predicted 10-6 before the season began, and I'm sticking with that for now, though if we keep getting hit with injuries/ continue to have Cam constantly soil the linens / keep shooting ourselves in the ass with these penalties...I can see 9-7.

But 8-8 means we only win 2 more games, and we have 6 games we have a realistic chance of winning if we play up to our capability: Raiders & Steelers at HOME, Redskins & Bengals on the road. We also have the Broncos & Giants at HOME, where we are a different team. So it's reasonable to see us winning 3 of these 6 or even 4 which would get us to 9-7 or 10-6, which should get us back into the playoffs yet again
    (Reposted from another thread)

By winning four more.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Jesus, wtf is wrong with people? We won the damn game didn't we? It wasn't even close to as bad as you are implying. I mean how could we beat the New England Patriots at home? Oh wait we already did that....
    x1000

Holy shit guys. We went on the road and played a divisional foe that had won 2 out of it's last three and beat them by 2 scores while denying them a single TD.

I just don't know what people expect from an injury riddled team with a serious talent deficiency on both lines. They are playing well enough to win and that's all that counts. Once we make the playoffs it becomes 40% luck, 30% team health, and 30% talent. Just enjoy a fucking win without desperately looking for a way to piss on it.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    x1000

Holy shit guys. We went on the road and played a divisional foe that had won 2 out of it's last three and beat them by 2 scores while denying them a single TD.

I just don't know what people expect from an injury riddled team with a serious talent deficiency on both lines. They are playing well enough to win and that's all that counts. Once we make the playoffs it becomes 40% luck, 30% team health, and 30% talent. Just enjoy a fucking win without desperately looking for a way to piss on it.
    It's not enough! /sarcasm

Blog Entries

I think if there is one heartening thing about that win, and I'm stretching, it is that the team turned up for 1 and a half quarters, and still beat an improving team by 10 points. It still doesn't counteract the concerns over the fact that they disappeared for that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    I think if there is one heartening thing about that win, and I'm stretching, it is that the team turned up for 1 and a half quarters, and still beat an improving team by 10 points. It still doesn't counteract the concerns over the fact that they disappeared for that time.
    So beating a team that won 2 out of it's last three isn't heartening? Beating a division opponent by 10 on the road isn't heartening? Shutting them completely out of the endzone and picking off their QB twice while not turning the ball over isn't heartening?

Man... I get that we had a rough stretch in the middle of the game on O, but it's not like we shit the bed. We scored more points on the road than we have in almost a season's worth of road games. If we had done it with those points spread evenly instead of at one of the the game then the other, no one would be complaining about anything.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Oakland is probably a win, maybe the Skins & Week 17 at Cincy (presuming the Tabbies don't have much to play for by then)--but off a performance like this, can anyone honestly see them beating Denver or San Diego (in SD) or the Giants, or the Steelers even once?
    SURE, Sure, they can beat all those teams,if if defense and the offense play well. 10 wins is possible because anything can happen. Giants whiffed last night with a 2x super bowl winning Qb(bad game for Eli). Winning at home is magical for the Ravens, SD is away so that could be a loss. It's going to be a wait and see for me, but the Ravens are winning again without key players, coaches that seem to have a hard time getting the players to stop getting penalties, and both lines still getting it together. Cam is another story that makes it hard on the team.
    The team will have to win the division on their own because the steelers are getting wins now. The bengals are who they are with their second year Qb and aren't doing well lately.Ravens know these teams well and have beaten the bengals already. Beat the steelers both times and to me that is the secret to having a great year. Sure it is possible and I'm sure the Ravens will do well barring anymore injuries.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    So beating a team that won 2 out of it's last three isn't heartening? Beating a division opponent by 10 on the road isn't heartening? Shutting them completely out of the endzone and picking off their QB twice while not turning the ball over isn't heartening?

Man... I get that we had a rough stretch in the middle of the game on O, but it's not like we shit the bed. We scored more points on the road than we have in almost a season's worth of road games. If we had done it with those points spread evenly instead of at one of the the game then the other, no one would be complaining about anything.
    Because a pattern has formed, the offense is wildly inconsistent within games and the D sees the field way too much to think that good teams won't take advantage. This is fine when you're playing the browns, but we saw before the bye what happens when a good team is on the other side of the LOS.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Your life must be terrible. I can't believe how negative some people are.

Blog Entries

split the next 8 games and well get to 10 wins... not too difficult.
    -JAB